Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > LADY IN THE WATER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Truly DRIPPY "Thriller" ? ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Truly DRIPPY "Thriller" ? ?
    Posted: March 01 2007 at 7:20am

I also know that Phillip Seymour Hoffman was in talks with M. Night Shyamalan for an unspecified role for the movie, but, despite the fact that he "loved the script and liked the role," Hoffman had to drop out because of scheduling conflicts...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Could "scheduling conflicts" be a Tinsel Town euphemism for "can't afford to work with someone on the down-a-lator, career wise"?? 

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2007 at 6:29pm
I think so Head RAZZ. There have been a bunch of other well-known actors who were "in talks" to have supporting roles in this film: There's William Hurt, Sidney Poitier, Chris Cooper, Gene Wilder, Terrence Howard, Alec Baldwin, Vince Vaughn, Forest Whitaker, and Don Cheadle. Amazing none of them ended up being in Lady in the Water...
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 9:03am
This Just In: Someone from New York Magazine cornered M. Night at a recent charity event in NYC and asked him point blank about his response to "winning" 2 RAZZIES. To read what M. had to say, CLICK HERE...
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
whennow View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote whennow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 3:54am
When it comes to Lady In the Water, Shyamalan is seriously delusional if he thinks there will be a Heaven's Gate-style attempt to say his bad work is actually great some day...
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:14am
This Just In: Variety is reporting that Shyamalan The Ding-Dong has signed to do a film for Fox (gee, neither Disney nor Warners would give him another shot??). For details, CLICK HERE... 
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
That 60s hippie View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote That 60s hippie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:37am

Oh thats nice- is Shyamalan the new Razzie punching bag now? Did you all tire of bashing Stallone?!

Response from Head RAZZberry: Actually, no -- If Stallone manages to get RAMBO IV made, he'll be back. Happy now?!?!?!

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 9:27am

Yes, Shyamalan's next film is The Happening (originally titled The Green Effect) and will be his first R-rated feature!

SO MANY FANS ARE SO EXCITED! I'M SO FREAKIN' HIGH ABOUT THIS NEWS!!!!!

Sorry, I WAS JUST SO EXCITED!

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 5:45pm

It's still in pre-production, but Shyamalan's already got four actors signed on for this film: Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, John Leguizamo, and Spencer Breslin. That's it by far.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 10:37am

Yeah, I get a great feeling when the "Son of Tim Allen" (Spencer Breslin) is cast in a movie by a director trying to get his credibility back after his last "masterpiece" went up in flames!  

Originally posted by bruin_522

It's still in pre-production, but Shyamalan's already got four actors signed on for this film: Mark Wahlberg, Zooey Deschanel, John Leguizamo, and Spencer Breslin. That's it by far.

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 2:18pm
This just in: M. Night Shyamalan has began filming THE HAPPENING, and those four actors posted earlier, including Spencer Breslin (or "Son of Tim Allen" as we call him) are still in this movie.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 6:24am
So I finally bought the DVD, and loved the movie more than when I saw it in theaters. Such a great movie, with a lot of originality put into it. Humans do have a purpose in life.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 12:05pm
Spencer Breslin, now I'm not interested. The only good movie he's been in is "Meet The Parents", and he was on-screen for less than a minute!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2007 at 12:35pm
I've seen him in Disney's THE KID with Bruce Willis. Never really liked that film at all.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2007 at 3:12pm
Now, about Paul Giamatti, well, he has another film coming out soon. He had one released in limited theaters back in March called THE HAWK IS DYING, he was also in THE NANNY DIARIES, which did not look good at all. He was in the ok movie SHOOT 'EM UP. Now the one coming out soon, like November 9th, is FRED CLAUS, with Vince Vaughn. I've seen the trailer for that, and it doesn't look like a good movie at all, though there might be a few funny parts in there.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2007 at 11:51am

Well, anyway, here's the plot for FRED CLAUS: Fred Claus has lived his entire life in his brother's very large shadow. Fred tried, but could hardly live up to the example set by the younger Nicholas, who was just a perfect, well, saint. True to form, Nicholas grew up to be the model of giving, while Fred became the polar opposite: a fast-talking repo man who's run out of luck and money. Over Mrs. Claus' objections, Nicholas agrees to help his brother on one condition: that he come to the North Pole and earn the money he needs by working in Santa's Toy Shop. The trouble is that Fred isn't exactly elf material and, with Christmas fast approaching, Fred could jeopardize the jolliest holiday of the year.

And I don't think it sounds so satisfying. The only reason why I posted that was because to show how dumb it might end up being.

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2007 at 2:31pm
I have to admit, I kind of think Fred Clause will be funny.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>