Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > BRIDE WARS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

A Truly Slick, SICK Chick Flick!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Truly Slick, SICK Chick Flick!
    Posted: January 04 2009 at 3:20am

JANUARY ISN'T WHEN HOLLYWOOD TENDS to RELEASE FILMS IT THINKS ARE AWARD CONTENDERS...UNLESS THEY THINK THEY'RE CONTENDERS for OUR AWARDS.

BRIDE WARS IS ARGUABLY a CLONE of 2008's BERRY FIRST RELEASE, 27 DRESSES...BUT WITH a BONE-HEADED LAVERNE & SHIRLEY PLOT TWIST: TWO LIFELONG FRIENDS INADVERTENTLY BOOK BOTH of THEIR WEDDINGS on the SAME DAY at the SAME HOTEL. AND, BEING "STUPID MOVIE CHARACTERS," THEY CANNOT WORK THINGS OUT WITHOUT RESORTING to CAT FIGHTS, BACK-BITING and PLAYING PUERILE PRANKS on ONE ANOTHER.

IT'S MOVIES LIKE THIS THAT MAKE the REST of the WORLD WONDER IF ALL AMERICANS ARE IDIOTS...

AND IF YOU'D LIKE to TOSS the IDIOTS WHO MADE BRIDE WARS a BOUQUET of YOUR INSULTS, FEEL FREE to DO SO BELOW... 

Guest #1: "Now I'm sorry I voted no on Proposition 8!"

Guest #2: "They're not lesbians...although, that might've made it more interesting to watch..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
yotypeocom View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 4:42am
This looks like another cheap-gimmick-no-script-and-lots-of-improvising-pulled-out-o f-nowhere comedy, starring cheap gimmicks queen Kate Hudson, and second try Anne Hathaway (I cant forget that lame Get Smart). Seems like Hathaway's going down the toilet, if she keeps doing this kind of garbage. We are already used to Hudson doing crap, and it seems like 2009 will be another awful year of Hudson gimmicks!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:24am
I'm amazed that someone walked into the office of a studio head and pitched "Hey, what about a movie in which two best girlfriends have their weddings on the same day and instead of simply having a double wedding, they have to go into jealous rages about each other stealing the other's thunder" and the studio head replied "Genius! Here, have a couple million dollars to it happen!".
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 2:38pm
I'm confused. Didn't this movie JUST go into production a few months ago? Is it me or was this the quickest production making ever??
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 5:47pm

HeadRAZZ, you're going to be working hard this whole month figuring out which bad movie is indeed THE Worst of the Weak.  Usually it's obvious, but now you have to wade through all those trailers for what looks like all those dumb movies.  If I had a hat that fit my head, I'd take it off for you. . . .

As for this movie, the trailer just looked dumb, not to mentioned we're already drowning in mediocre wedding comedies with 27 Dresses, Made of Honor and What Happens in Vegas.

As for Anne Hathaway's career, remember, she also released the critically acclaimed art film, Rachel Getting Married that's still in a few theatres. . . somewhere. . . you'll have to look to find one, but it's been pulling in over $200,000 a week. . .

That makes two wedding films in a row for Hathaway.  I'm guessing that's one too many. . . .

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 5:57pm

Get this. . . Anne Hathaway, after starring as the White Queen in Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, is starring in yet another wedding movie, The Fiance.  Based on the plot summary, I wonder if THAT movie must hit very close to home for her. 

That's THREE wedding movies in two years. 

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 6:32pm
She also starred in "Brokeback Moountain" and got her carreer stared by those "Princess Diaries" movies. I always liked Anne Hathaway, but this looks like a wrong step of direction for her.

This also reminds me of another event. Last year "Dreamgirls" was nominated for an Oscar and the given reason that Eddie Murphy lost was because of, uh, a little film called "Norbit"

Now, with the Golden Globe awards just days days. Anne Hathaway got a nomination and this movie comes out.

Time will tell if the public was right with this as they were with predicting the "Norbit" fiasco. I still liked Eddie Murphy in "Dreamgirls" though.
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 11:39pm

Anne is starting to go down because of dumb career choices, she shouldnt have gotten herself in the crap of GET SMART or BECOMING JANE... she is not funny at all. She was laughable in THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA because that was a very good story and well told.

For Dipitlow555... yes, it seems like it took them 7 days to finish this garbage, it seemed to take FOOLS GOLD people more time to create their garbage than this one, and it's out in theaters way to soon too!

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 2:23am

I guess Anne Hathaway learned nothing from Eddie Murphy's example. When you star in an Oscar-worthy preformance, if you want to win, you have to star in an equally worthy follow-up preformance before the voting is done. Murphy was nominated for "DreamGirls," but followed it up with "Norbit" -- and look where that got him. Hathaway is getting Oscar buzz for "Rachel Getting Married," but starring in "Bride Wars" might seriously hurt her chances of winning an Oscar.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 7:04am

Anne Hathaway could win the Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Motion Picture / Drama, but she might not win the Oscar for Best Actress (controversy or not).  Sally Hawkins will be a major threat for the Oscar, and the only thing standing between Hathaway and the Golden Globe is Meryl Streep (who's a threat, but not that much of a threat).

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:42pm

I'd like Sally Hawkins to win the Oscar, too. But you never know with Meryl Streep as a major contender.

Anne Hathaway just ruined her chances with this piece of crap movie. 

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 5:06am

The academy loves Meryl Streep... and I think she will win.

Anne Hathaway is far from winning anything, She might be just beginning to get in nominations, but surely not for Bride Wars...unless it's a Razzie!

Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2009 at 3:27pm

Also this week, we have The Unborn to look at...a horror flick produced by Michael Bay and featuring an international poster that people like to stare at...but not for the movie. 

Originally posted by cvcjr13

HeadRAZZ, you're going to be working hard this whole month figuring out which bad movie is indeed THE Worst of the Weak.  Usually it's obvious, but now you have to wade through all those trailers for what looks like all those dumb movies.  If I had a hat that fit my head, I'd take it off for you. . . .

Mrs. Magnatech View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mrs. Magnatech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 1:40pm

I've seen the trailer for this crap about 300 times. I can now quote all the "funny" lines verbatim!

"Your wedding better watch it!"

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2009 at 1:58pm

Here's this movie if it had LOGIC behind it...

FADE IN:

Hudson: So, my wedding will be on (insert random date here).

Hathaway: But my wedding is on that day, too.

(Pause).

Hathaway: Oh, I know, let's have a double wedding so we can celebrate this important life changing event together!

Hudson: Great idea! let's do that!

FADE TO BLACK.

Boom...the most high-profile short film ever made.

kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2009 at 10:35pm
I really hope, Anne Hathaway not nominated the Razzie, please no, she's a great actress, please deserved next year kate hudson!!!!
FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>