Forum Home Forum Home > MOVIES & DVDs of the WEEK > Worst Movie of the Week
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

AEON FLUCKS: Worst Movie of the Week!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AEON FLUCKS: Worst Movie of the Week!
    Posted: December 01 2005 at 1:57am

Aeon Flucks

RELEASED: DECEMBER 2, 2005 AEON FLUCKS promises to be 2005's Big Holiday Berry -- But it's actually NOT another CATWOMAN. It's more like another ZARDOZ -- an outré sci-fi opus with lots of weird weapons, strange hairstyles, odd locations, and characters who have hands for feet (Sophie Okonedo) or look like Rasta versions of Little Orphan Annie (Frances McDormand). In the title role, Charlize Theron is supposed to be a third generation clone who cannot feel human emotion. Her performance is extremely convincing! Bizarre, dis-jointed and almost entirely nonsensical, part of its problem became clear in the end credits: No less than THREE editors were listed as having cut it (I don’t ever remember seeing a movie with more than TWO editors listed before).  The one thing that was clear throughout: Why Paramount decided not to screen it for critics. A snore-and-a-half, AEON FLUCKS has the potential to be Every Insomniac's Favorite Christmas Movie!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Python View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 9:21am

Aeon Flux is easily the worst film I've reviewed this year since Son of the Mask and frankly it will be difficult for me to vote on one or the other. They both suck.

anonymous View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote anonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 10:39am

I honestly don't understand why you attack this movie and not Doom; while Aeon Flux certainly lacks creativity, it's nonetheless very entertaining. Well, actually, if you are a million years old, you'll find it boring because you're used to new discoveries being made each day--but times have changed! Move on! The world ran out of new ideas! (see? it was possible. In your face, everyone who thought it wasn't [possible]) If you walk in that theater remembering this, you'll find it extremely pleasing to the mind.

At least this movie seemed like it had a point ("cloning is not good" (I don't personally agree, but oh well...)) --unlike Doom-- and an apparent argument --unlike the War of the Worlds--. Honestly guys, you are on the brink of criticizing Be Here to Love Me: A Film About Townes Van Zandt because "it's title is too large" , and dismissing Jarhead because of "our good soldiers in Irak". Let me put it in a way an American would understand (no offense): you're almost praising Yours, Mine & Ours because Russo's face looks like your pet's and rejecting Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-rabbit because a were-rabbit ate your homework when you were little!

This movie isn't any worse than Zorro's last one, Doom, Jarhead, and a lot of other ones you don't criticize too often. So if you're planning on criticizing this one, you know which ones you have to criticize first.

HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2005 at 5:37pm

We didn't "criticize" DOOM?  Here's a LINK to see what we (and visitors) had to say about that one.  And the second & third MATRIX movies were both RAZZIE Nominees...

While we appreciate feedback, and respect opinions other than our own  maybe "anonymous" should have used the "Search" feature on our site before going off on us about what we have and haven't (and should or shouldn't have) done...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply