Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > EARLIER DISCUSSIONS, LISTED ALPHABETICALLY: THE BACK-UP PLAN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a.k.a. JENNY GETS PREGGERS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a.k.a. JENNY GETS PREGGERS
    Posted: April 16 2010 at 12:17pm
TOP-LINING ONE of OUR WORST ACTRESS of the DECADE CONTENDERS, CO-STARRING the GENERIC HUNK from LAST YEAR's UTTERLY FORGETTABLE WHITEOUT and WRITTEN and DIRECTED by FOLKS with ONLY TV CREDITS on THEIR RESUME's, THE BACK-UP PLAN LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE DEBUTED on LIFETIME MOVIE CHANNEL INSTEAD of ASKING AUDIENCES to COUGH UP the PRICE of a MOVIE TICKET. 

AND EVEN IF THIS WERE HALF AS CHARMING AS ITS MAKERS THINK IT IS, in THIS YEAR of AWFUL ROM/COMs, THIS LOOKS LIKE JUST ONE MORE. 

ONE THING WE'VE GOTTA ADMIT WE DO ADMIRE ABOUT THIS FILM's CAMPAIGN: THE RELEASING STUDIO's CHUTZPAH in BILLING HER CO-STAR AS THOUGH HE's SOMEONE ANYONE WOULD RECOGNIZE, WHEN WE'D BET ABOUT 99.97% of the PUBLIC HAS NO MORE IDEA WHO HE IS THAN WE DO...

ALL of THESE FACTORS COMBINED MAKE THIS FILM "PREGNANT" with RAZZIE® POSSIBILITIES, SO -- HERE's YOUR CHANCE to HAVE at IT. 

JUST BE SURE to WEAR PROTECTION WHEN YOU DO...    

GENERIC MALE CO-STAR: "They were all out of RAZZ-
berries, so this radish will have to do 'till the RAZZIE® 
nominations come out next January..."  

UP-DATE: THE LOS ANGELES TIMES, the MONDAY AFTER THIS OPENED POORLY, POSTED an ENTIRE ARTICLE DEVOTED to HOW THIS FILM's RELEASING COMPANY (CBS FILMS) NEEDS a MAJOR OVERHAUL IF IT HOPES to SURVIVE -- HERE's the LINK to READ the ARTICLE...  
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2010 at 2:25pm
Yeah, this has "Lifetime Channel Movie" written all over it. With the advances in TV these days with their target markets and audiences, I'm amazed niche movies such as this even make it into theaters!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2010 at 2:46pm
Protection? I should be wearing my Abena X-Plus then! Anyways, one of the girls at my college oddly anticipated if not agreed with me this forum would appear. Need they say more than Jennifer Lopez? However... I'm convinced this won't get nominated unless we're still reeling from 2001-2003.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 7:51am
J-Lo returns to movies after a maternity leave and she decides to star in another rom/com?  So far, rom/coms have gotten her into nothing but trouble, and this one will only get her into more trouble. 

You can tell from the trailer that this film is disgusting: the paraplegic dog with the pregnancy tester in its mouth, J-Lo throwing up, the kid with the turd in his hand, and that last scene (I don't wanna know what's happening there).  Somehow, the Rotten Tomatoes Show sees a bright side to this film (LINK).  The only bright side I see is that J-Lo will likely not be a big favorite for Worst Actress, because she'll be competing against Jennifer Aniston in Bounty Hunter...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 10:51am
Well, I kinda doubted she would jump right into a non-stop action Michael Bay movie after having twins...  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

J-Lo returns to movies after a maternity leave and she decides to star in another rom/com?  So far, rom/coms have gotten her into nothing but trouble, and this one will only get her into more trouble. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 1:53pm
Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb.  Rom com bomb. . . . 

Now we're up to seven, right? 

Hey, HeadRAZZ, some weeks your picking the Worst seems hard, but there's other weeks (like this one) where it couldn't be simpler. . . . 

The main impression I have about this one is that this doesn't look like one of Jennifer Lopez's worst performances.  And you can take that any way you want to. . . .  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 2:11pm

I don't think any big names would want to star in Transformers 3 after seeing Michael Bay get served.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 6:35pm
Oh, you'd be surprised what some "stars" would be willing to do when their bills or rent are due -- Just ask anyone who starred in "BloodRayne" or "Name Of The King"...  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2010 at 7:37pm

I wouldn't want to star in a role where I might get killed.  That includes Michael Bay and Uwe Boll projects.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2010 at 10:14am
Well, YOU might not, but then, you don't live The Rich Lifestyle that celebrities do -- and they often need money ASAP to maintain that lifestyle...  
Momus the Sarcastic View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Momus the Sarcastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 1:15am
Wow.  A tiresome Jennifer Lopez rom-com.  What a surprise! Unhappy
==========================
Oderint dum metuant. (Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus)
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 4:30pm
I'm pretty sure to be in a Lifetime movie, someone would need to beat J-Lo's character around for a bit. 

As I've said elsewhere, someone somewhere once told J-Lo that she was funny and could carry a rom/com...and I think that was a very mean thing of them to do! 
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2010 at 9:10pm
Maybe J-Lo should do "The Cell 3"! (Yes, there was a "The Cell 2") Dead
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2010 at 2:28pm
I really thought this film would do much better in its opening weekend. (Not that I'm complaining ...) Wink

Perhaps the reviews did hurt it a bit after all: some critics called The Back-Up Plan Lopez's worst film since Gigli. Dead
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2010 at 4:05am
Originally posted by Gregory

some critics called The Back-Up Plan Lopez's worst film since Gigli. Dead 

That alone is quite a feat!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 3:52pm
It seems this is the best reviewed rom-com of the year so far.Believe or not,that's good.Also,GEORGE isn't at home.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>