Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...
    Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:06pm
Ok Taron-rod, I want you to go back and read Natendowii's post about this movie cause he makes a solid argument on why this movie wont be a razzie contender, and why it probably wont be so bad, and he does it without slandering anybody, talking down to them, or just being an ass in general. Seriously go back and read it and take notes, his way "good", your way "doucheness" if you dont know what that means:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=doucheness

So remember the key is to not be a douche, and to try and not do posts like this

"
Oscars, be sure your seat belts are belted!!!

STALLONE, STALLONE, STALLONE!!!"

GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:32pm

*Here's my hunch: The RAZZIES just have to nominate Sylvester Stallone. They just can't let him go. My response: Bring out the Worst Ensemble Cast award so it won't only be SLY. Worst Actor should go to another of the Dozen.

*What is this Edgar Allen Poe adaptation anyway?

*And if Inception gets nominated for some Oscars, I'd be grateful, because they never nominate anything released before November!

UPDATE: Mayhem5185, you beat me to the punch. If The Expendables will be an old-style 198X-esque action movie... I can't be sure if today's audiences will like it like those of circa 1984, but we won't know until the middle of August.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 11:59pm
Not true.  Jason Statham gave two, in Guy Ritchie's excellent Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch.  Mind you, Statham has been slumming ever since, but at least he hasn't been nominated for a Razzie yet.   Now, as for Guy Ritchie, he can pick up his Razzie for Swept Away anytime he wants. . . .

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Vits: It looks like Sly trying to unite the past, present, and future of action movie stars. Sadly, there's not been more than one great acting performance out of any of them.  

GTAHater: It's going to be a photo finish between this and "Vampire Sucks," unless "Killers" gets a surprise win.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 3:19pm
Hopefully, Warner Bros. will do like they did with "Dark Knight", and re-release Inception in December or January as a little reminder for the Oscar voters. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 2:32pm
Back to the subject of Stallone and company, the Sly Guy blames "Batman" for why '80s action stars' careers went down the crapper.

Gee, and here I thought '80s Action Stars' careers suffered because their movies were becoming too stupid and cliched, the action stars were to busy either jacking themselves up on 'roids or partying all the time, or the fact that they just didn't have the acting chops to have long-lasting career once their good looks vanished.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
scoobs23 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote scoobs23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 6:36pm
He's not saying that the guys should 'roid it up, he's saying that now, directors are more concerned with the visual then actually making a concerted effort to connect with the audience. And with the exception of a few films, he's absolutely right. The Batman reference is more of an exaggeration on his part, but his point still stands.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 7:26pm
When did Stallone ever make an effort to connect with anything but a very tiny audience? If he is complaining about ANYONE seriously damaging the action genre, he needs to take a good look in the mirror.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2010 at 8:27pm
No, I was saying that Stallone is pointing blame to the success of another movie, rather than point the blame to himself for his past mistakes (being a 1-D actor, possibly doing 'roids, choosing poor movies to star in, etc.). 

The only reason he should be blaming Batman is because directors were now choosing actors who could ... gasp! ... act!
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 8:45am
I'm getting tired of you bashing on Stallone with no particular argument! Although, I don't really understand his blaming Batman either...Confused
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 3:11pm
Our argument is that, although Stallone has been a successful actor, he has no real acting ability, has made an entire career playing the same two roles in every movie he has done, and has made many bad choices of which movies to star in. That is all we are saying. 

This blaming Batman thing is a silly way for him to point the blame at someone else for his own failings. His failings being that the 1-D, cookie-cutter action movies of the '80s were a fad that didn't last long, and he wasn't able to branch out into anything else.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2010 at 8:17pm
The VAST majority of true movie fans regard Stallone as a one trick pony. That trick was never wildly appealing, and got completely tired really fast. I realize that he has a small number of highly dedicated fans out there. If you are one of them, fine. There are movies that I enjoy which most people don't consider very good. My ego isn't swollen enough to assume that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. I simply confess that sometimes, my tastes are quirky enough to like something others consider bad.  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 6:20pm
As much as you guys want to bash this film, I must tell you that a number of Razzie supporters know about the Razzies' grudge against Sylvester Stallone and a lot of them are irritated.  If this film gets an RT percentage higher than 20% and still wins most of the Razzie awards, then the Razzies will probably lose those supporters.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 6:39pm
1. If Expendables scores higher than 20%, it probably won't win many (if any) Razzies...  

2. Stallone has made his own bed. I can only speak for myself, but my votes are cast on the basis of what appears on the ballot and my own reaction to those films or performances. I honestly don't care what anyone thinks of the outcome. I suspect that most of the voting members have a very similar attitude. Anyone who wants to make their opinions known can express them freely on this board, and anyone who wants to participate in the process is free to pony up the membership fees.  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2010 at 7:24pm
If Stallone gets a nod for anything, he will have a 1 in 5 chance of "winning," same as everyone else. But we have 5 more months of movies to come out, you never know -- something truly unwatchable could still come out. Who knows, as bad as "The Expendables" might turn out to be, something far worse could sneak up from out of nowhere and put it to shame in terms of bad film-making!   

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

As much as you guys want to bash this film, I must tell you that a number of Razzie supporters know about the Razzies' grudge against Sylvester Stallone and a lot of them are irritated.  If this film gets an RT percentage higher than 20% and still wins most of the Razzie awards, then the Razzies will probably lose those supporters.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 10:29am
We've seen that happen. . . .

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurnWho knows, as bad as The Expendables might turn out to be, something far worse could sneak up from out of no where and put it to shame in terms of bad filmmmaking.[/QUOTE

sharong View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sharong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2010 at 3:02am
Too bad
Ouch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>