Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...
    Posted: August 14 2010 at 1:42pm
Yeah, but mostly everything they have made outside of those movies has sucked.  

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

Mickey Rourke has given several really good performances, The Wrestler, Diner, Sin City, Rumble Fish, Body Heat. And Eric Roberts had Runaway Train and Star 80. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 3:40pm
I am not wasting a single vote on The ExpendablesThe Last Fartbender, among a dozen others, is more "deserving."  I also have a feeling estrogen's response to The Expendables, titled Burlesque, will be a better Razzie choice anyway.
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 5:36pm
Yeah, I suppose that like "Vampires Suck," "Expendables" may be just too easy to take pot shots at.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 5:47pm
But shooting The Expendables wouldn't be easy for me: It got around 40% positive reviews, which is "poor" on my scale. Definitely not something I want to put deeper than #20 on my Bottom 40.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 5:54pm
Head Razz, could the entire cast be nominated for Worst Actor a la the Jonas Brothers? Confused
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 6:30pm
Yeah, it's because of reasons like this that I keep saying that we need a Worst Ensemble Cast category, because then so many other actors will get away scott-free. if the entire cast of this movie are listed individually for Worst Actor.
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 7:50pm
I fear the Sex and the City ladies may be similarly grouped, when I think only Sarah Jessica Parker deserves the mention.  But hey, I'd take actual bad "acting" over a shoddy concert film winning any day.
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 10:58pm
FYI: In Star 80, Eric Roberts plays the loser boyfriend who whacked Playboy model Dorothy Stratton before killing himself.  So, no, it wasn't a cameo. . .   

Originally posted by Vits

Aren't those cameos?
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 10:14am
You guys are SO pathetic, you make me want to cry... -.-
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 11:29am
I meant Roberts and Rourke have cameos in EXPENDABLE. Am I right?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 1:45pm
Maybe with your stupid opinion you think that this movie is a s***... but the Box-Office doesn't agree with you AT ALL! xD It's the number one movie at the box-office and I understand why... because it's full of superstars, big names... this movie is THE masterpiece of the year! Screw your stupid opinion guys, nobody agree with you but another stupid website like Rotten Tomatoes! People enjoy this movie, if you are too stupid to enjoy that doesn't mean that movie is bad!
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 2:31pm
I gave this movie a fair try, and it really is terrible. Is it the worst movie of 2010 so far? Considering the awful movies that have come out this year, I'm not sure if it can hold that title.

For what it's worth, I was expecting strong action sequences and nothing more. I didn't even get that. Roughly less than one-third of the movie is action-oriented. Stallone was absolutely wretched in it; the only performances that weren't horrid came from Statham, Rourke, and (more or less) Li, and they were just decent.

Here's what I could see it getting nominated for:
Worst Picture
Worst Director (Sylvester Stallone)
Worst Actor (Stallone)
Worst Supporting Actor (Dolph Lundgren)
Worst Supporting Actor (Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Worst Supporting Actor (Bruce Willis)
Worst Ensemble (if such a category is introduced?)
Worst Screen Couple (Stallone and anyone on screen with him?)
Worst Screenplay
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 3:46pm
My words, someone hasn't gotten the memo that box office does not mean great movie?  Trannies II holds the record for tenth biggest gross at the U.S. box office of all time (unadjusted for inflation).  Does that mean it's a great movie?  I hope you say no.  

Just because a movie outsold all others at the box office doesn't mean it's a great movie.  It just means the studio marketers did their jobs.  

Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Maybe with your stupid opinion you think that this movie is a s***... but the Box-Office doesn't agree with you AT ALL! xD It's the number one movie at the box-office and I understand why... because it's full of superstars, big names... this movie is THE masterpiece of the year! Screw your stupid opinion guys, nobody agree with you but another stupid website like Rotten Tomatoes! People enjoy this movie, if you are too stupid to enjoy that doesn't mean that movie is bad!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:05pm
What's the point of having a "Worst Ensemble/Cast" award, if a lot of times "Worst Couple" nominates the lead and anyone else in a film? There's also times when they nominate "any pair" of characters...  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:15pm
Taran: Wow, yeah, it made $35 million -- good for it! Chances are it's going to drop to half that by next week. Yeah, it's full of big names, but in case you haven't been noticing, that seems to be a new gimmick on Hollywood to distract from the fact the movie as a whole sucks. "Masterpiece of the year", boy, your standards must be pretty damn low to consider this a "masterpiece" of any sort. But hey, if you want to turn your brain off and just stare at the screen, worshipping your hero Stallone, your judgment clouded by your childhood memories of "Rocky," and you refuse to listen to the opinions of people who actually know what a good movie is ... well then, have at it, hoss, it's your money that you're pissing away!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:29pm
Hey, BHB, I'm feeling it will drop by more than half next weekend.  I'm feeling The Expendables' box office next weekend will be more than two thirds off its opening weekend. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>