Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...
    Posted: June 24 2010 at 10:04am

WE DON'T USUALLY POST the GRAPHIC at the TOP of OUR FORUM DISCUSSION PAGES, BUT THIS PARTICULAR IMAGE SPEAKS VOLUMES AS to WHY THE EXPENDABLES LOOKED LIKELY to be a PRIME RAZZIE® CONTENDER COME JANUARY, 2011. 

WITH a CAST of PAST-THEIR-PRIME ACTION STARS (READING LIKE a REUNION of 1980s WORST ACTOR NOMINEES), OUR AWL-TIME CHAM-PEEN NOT ONLY STARRING IN IT BUT CO-WRITING and DIRECTING IT as WELL, and ENCOURAGING WORD from a MEMBER of the PRESS WHO'S ALREADY SEEN IT, WE'LL BE AMAZED IF EXPENDABLES ISN'T ONE of 2010's MOST RAZZIE® NOMINATED TITLES. 

AND WHILE WE'RE on the SUBJECT, WE'D LIKE to CONGRATULATE SLY on a LIKELY COMEBACK as "THE RAZZIE® POSTER BOY." 

YO, SLY-STER -- WE ALWAZE KNEW YEW HAD IT INYA! 

SPECIAL EXPENDABLES TRIVIA QUESTION
WHAT's the TOTAL NUMBER of RAZZIE® NOMINATIONS and "WINS" THIS FILM'S MAKERS HAVE AMONG THEM??  

HERE's a LINK to SEE the ANSWER...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 1:29pm
Normally I'd be glad, since this seems like and "homage" to the '80s actions movies. But considering the guys in those movies are the same as in this one, maybe it's more of an attempt to bring back the genre?  

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 2:00pm
I can't wait until winter 2011 to see how big a fight this one puts up for Worst Picture!
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 4:31pm
A friend and I have seen two different trailers for this movie and laughed throughout both of them. That being said, we look forward to riffing this movie as much as possible when it comes out
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2010 at 5:01pm
Vits: It looks like Sly trying to unite the past, present, and future of action movie stars. Sadly, there's not been more than one great acting performance out of any of them.  

GTAHater: It's going to be a photo finish between this and "Vampire Sucks," unless "Killers" gets a surprise win.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Natendowii View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Natendowii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 3:50pm
Ok, I'll admit it, I'm looking forward to this film. It'll be stupid, overblown, violent, and get Panned by pretty much everyone, but you know what? I'm going to see it anyway. I miss such old action films like "Commando" and "Rambo" which was all about being as badass as possible and shooting everything that moved, and that's what this film seems to be a callback to. I'm not accusing anyone of "Not Getting it", but those who love this film will love it, and those who hate it will hate it. Besides, I'd dare say that "The Last Racebender" and "Jonah Sux", along with "Killers" and Seltzerturd's next film are worse.
"In every Age,
In Every Place,
The Deeds of Man,
Remain the same."-Yoshiki Tanaka
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 3:58pm
I wouldn't bet the rent on it...  

Originally posted by Natendowii

Besides, I'd dare say that "The Last Racebender" and "Jonah Sux", along with "Killers" and Seltzerturd's next film are worse.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 6:11pm
I don't know, saturnwatcher, have you seen the trailer for "Vampires Suck" that was posted in the "The List" sub-forum? "Expendables" will have to be beyond stupid to compete with that...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 4:35pm
If you nominate this movie for even 1 Razzie... you're just pathetic... -.-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

If you nominate this movie for even 1 Razzie... you're just pathetic... -.-
Well then, we must be pathetic, because chances are this movie WILL get at least one nod for something. Granted, I don't think it should win anything, because yes, giving it to Stallone would be played-out and cliched.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:18pm
And also no respect for all the work Sly put in this movie !! Honnestly, it's already a shame that you've been Razzing him for the last 30 Nominations... Now it's time to stop guys, it's not cool anymore, it's not funny... It's stupid and cliched as you said! Sly is a great writer, actor and director and he will prove it with his upcoming movie about Allan Edgar Poe!

Oscars, be sure your seat belts are belted!!!

STALLONE, STALLONE, STALLONE!!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:29pm

And also no respect for all the work Sly put in this movie !! Honnestly, it's already a shame that you've been Razzing him for the last 30 Nominations... Now it's time to stop guys, it's not cool anymore, it's not funny... It's stupid and cliched as you said! Sly is a great writer, actor and director and he will prove it with his upcoming movie about Allan Edgar Poe!

Oscars, be sure your seat belts are belted!!!

STALLONE, STALLONE, STALLONE!!!
Yes, it is cliched to pick on the same guy for 30 years. I guess it's the Razzies' way of mocking the Oscars and their love of all things Meryl Streep. Stallone did get a "bye" a few years back for "Rambo 4", so be happy about that. But the Oscars are not strapping themseleves in for anything with this Edgar Allen Poe movie. Oh, the word is "honestly", with one "n".
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:35pm
I'm sure he will do a great movie with Poe! It's like, if The Departed won Best Picture Academy Award, I think Poe could get at least a nomination for Screenplay!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 6:53pm

I'm sure he will do a great movie with Poe! It's like, if The Departed won Best Picture Academy Award, I think Poe could get at least a nomination for Screenplay!
Well, first people are going to have to see this movie before anyone can claim that its screenplay is Oscar material. Personally, I would love it for "Inception" to sweep the Oscars, but I know the voters don't really care for Nolan's mind-blowing plot twists and moody, unclear endings.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 7:24pm
Too bad because Inception is such a great masterpiece!! :O It's for me a better version of The Matrix!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2010 at 8:38pm

Too bad because Inception is such a great masterpiece!! :O It's for me a better version of The Matrix!
Exactly! It's what "The Matrix" could have been had it not completely RIPPED-OFF "Ghost In The Shell".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>