Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE EXPENDABLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a.k.a. THE RAZZIE® DIRTY HALF-DOZEN, PLUS...
    Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:39pm
If you're going to take a short cut to just declare the lead star and everyone that shares the screen with him/her at any given moment the worst couple, you might as well just come up with Worst Cast instead. And it just makes sense with the current trend of movies featuring "all-star" casts, and it would free the solo acting catagories from short cuts like listing five actors or five actresses from the same film as Worst Actor or Worst Actress.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:50pm
So true -- big box office doesn't mean good movie. As stated elsewhere on the forum, just because it's a hit, that doesn't mean it isn't s***. Not to mention "Trannies 2" won the big top awards of Worst Picture/Director/Screenplay (and Peter Travers' worst Movie/Director of the Year/Decade Awards).  

As for "Expendables" and its take for next week, can a movie really go from $35 million to just $5 million?! Well, if any movie could, this is the one!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:54pm
Two thirds, BHB, two thirds.  I feel, because of bad word of mouth, it's going to rake in $12 to $13 million next week instead of $35 million like it did its opening week.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 5:56pm
Twilight Saga are the worst movies of all time and the third one should take ALL the Razzies!

If s***s like Twilight Saga Eclipse scores so much at the box-office, then I hope such a masterpiece should score at least some other weeks... or I lose hope for humanity! And by the way you're always movies and actors who have success just thinking about First Blood part. 2 one of the biggest box-office success of all time that won Worst Picture... It's pathetic! I personaly don't find Rambo II a good movie but it is good entertainment! 

And anyway I'm not even American and I'm here defending an AMERICAN icon (AMERICANS!!!! Wake the hell up!!!). Jesus, I cannot believe this...

Stallone ftw, best actor of all time, The Expendables, best movie of the year by far!!

And lol, lol, lol someone here said that Statham gave a desent performance and he is one of the worst actor of all time... and never even got a Razzie nomination (Crank... WTF???)... that makes you guys just less credible!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 6:03pm
True, half of $35 million is $17.5 million, so $12 million would be even more insulting ... but $5 million would just be laugh out loud funny!  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Two thirds, BHB, two thirds.  I feel, because of bad word of mouth, it's going to rake in $12 to $13 million next week instead of $35 million like it did its opening week.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 6:07pm
In all fact, I find all the actors (except of course Stallone, Willis and Rourke who all three are just great) in this movie usually just awful... I'd say that they're all at the same low level with Steven Seagal, Chuck Norris and JCVD... But well we could make an exception!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 6:10pm
Okay, TaRaN-RoD --  I have been debating with another mindlessly loyal Stallone fanboy about this, but I guess someone wasn't paying attention, so I guess I'll have to repeat myself: Just because Stallone's character, Rocky, is a pop culture icon, that doesn't mean Stallone is an artist not is everything he touches a masterpiece. If you really think Stallone is the greatest actor of all time and "Expendables" is the best movie of the year, then you need to get out more and see more movies, because those statements are just plain sad, considering there are much better movies like "Toy Story 3" and "Inception" out there.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2010 at 8:34pm
Yeah of course -- and Dave Foley is the greatest actor of all time,  is that it?  
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 7:55am
First of all, TaRaN-RoD, while it is true that this movie led box-offices grosses over the weekend, it's take was a paltry $35 million. There have been several weeks this summer when an opening like that would have barely cracked the top 5. Second, if you really think that box-office is a measure of quality, your rant against the Twilight series falls apart pretty quickly. Every movie in that series has put up opening numbers that slaughtered The Expendables opening. In fact, the final gross for the Expendables probably won't come close to the opening weekend for any one of those movies.

Last, but not least, I hope you are paying attention to THIS mwg, whereever you are: Based upon overal critical reaction, The Expendables isn't very good, but it isn't one of ours. Let's move on.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: I had the bizarre experience this weekend of seeing EXPENDABLES and INCEPTION back-to-back -- And I gotta say, while INCEPTION is utterly brilliant, EXPENDABLES is the personification of how modern Hollywood seems to be working to keep The RAZZIES alive. Its pandering storyline, stick figure characters, explosions going off like clockwork, idiotic macho dialogue and heinous direction/editing (half the time you can't even see, let alone understand, who or what you're looking at) all combine for an experience only a testosterone OD'd 11 year old boy could even claim was movie-making. 

EXPENDABLES "isn't one of ours"???  I guess we'll find out when Nominating Ballots are tabulated in January...  

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 8:00am
Oh, we could still rag on it because it should have been far, far better, but you're right, Saturnwatcher.  This movie isn't bad enough for us, as surprising as it is to say that.  This opens things up for Twilight, The Wolfman, Jonah Hex, Vampire Sucks and other movies to claim the crown.  Or should I say "to get crowned"? . . .
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 10:44am
I don't know...

Could be.  

Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Dave Foley is the greatest actor of all time,  is that it?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 11:33am
I'm sorry, is there supposed to be a point to the comment below, because I can't find one...  

Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Yeah of course -- and Dave Foley is the greatest actor of all time,  is that it?  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 11:35am
And yet, I'm sure MWG will come swooping in with his trademark "6 out of 10" any day now. Funny, saturnwatcher of all people saying a Stallone movie isn't "one of ours". What is the world coming to?!

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Last, but not least, I hope you are paying attention to THIS mwg, whereever you are: Based upon overal critical reaction, The Expendables isn't very good, but it isn't one of ours. Let's move on.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 1:07pm
"Awl-Time Cham Peen" or not, this movie is merely average, just like Rambo IV in 2008. As usual, I'd recommend just one nomination; this time for either Worst Supporting Actor or Worst Ensemble Cast. But just one request: I implore the voters. Do not single out Sylvester Stallone. Again, I don't think he's great, even in this movie, but there are worse actors...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 2:23pm
Sly said he has an idea for a sequel...already?!
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

And yet, I'm sure MWG will come swooping in with his trademark "6 out of 10" any day now.
I prefer he considers most movies average that bad.It gives him less chances to giving a movie the wrong rating.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

"Awl-Time Cham Peen" or not, this movie is merely average, just like Rambo IV in 2008.
RAMBO IV had bad reviews.It's confusing since ROCKY VI's reviews were better than II.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

But just one request: I implore the voters. Do not single out Sylvester Stallone. Again, I don't think he's great, even in this movie, but there are worse actors...
That's the same reason why Adam Sandler was nominated alone for the Teen Choice Award for "Choice Summer Movie Actor":This movies may have ensemble casts but there's still a clear lead.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2010 at 3:20pm
I think GTAHater might "Rocky VI", but she got her Roman numbers wrong. Well, if anything, the Worst Ensemble Cast should be heavily considered for this movie, as well as others like "Grown-Ups", "Valentine's Day", and others.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>