Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

a.k.a. THE SWIRLY MONSTER STRIKES!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a.k.a. THE SWIRLY MONSTER STRIKES!
    Posted: April 06 2010 at 1:50pm
WE HONESTLY CAN'T TELL from PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS for THIS ONE IF IT'S INTENDED to BE SOME KIND of 1970's DRIVE-IN THROWBACK...OR IF ITS MAKERS JUST DIDN'T HAVE the BUDGET to MAKE a MOVIE THAT's ACTUALLY SCARY... 

EITHER WAY, BLACK WATERS OF ECHO'S POND LOOKS LIKE a BERRY ENTERTAINING FILM, with CREATURES RESEMBLING HALLOWEEN MASKS AVAILABLE at YOUR LOCAL DRUGSTORE in OCTOBER, a CAST of LARGELY UNKNOWNS (WHO WILL LIKELY REMAIN UNKNOWN) and a RELEASE PATTERN THAT SEEMS to BE IMITATING the ONE THAT MADE a FORTUNE for LAST YEAR'S $15,000 SLEEPER PARANORMAL ACTIVITY.

THE BASIC PLOT: A GROUP of FRIENDS RENTING a REMOTE CABIN DISCOVER a BOARD GAME THAT UNLEASHES the MINIONS of SATAN, and EACH of THEM IS THEN FORCED to ACT OUT THEIR OWN "DARKEST SECRET" --SOUNDS PLENTY HOKEY, NO?? 

SO, TURN OUT the LIGHTS, LIGHT UP a FEW CANDLES, BREAK OUT the GAME-BOARD...THEN GO AHEAD and and FLUSH YER TOILET -- IF YOU DARE!

SO, THE SATANIC CREATURES RISE...
WHEN YOU FLUSH the TOILET?!?!?
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 2:36pm
Looks like a SyFy Channel movie that somehow managed to sneak its way into threaters. I'm sure it will be a gulity pleasure (and maybe even a cult favorite) for some...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 4:59pm
Interesting premise, but it sounds like a typical teen horror flick. 

And Danielle Harris is famous...kinda.  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 7:41pm

This film's makers are obviously stealing from Jumanji and Zathura.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: To clarify MiguelAntilsu's claim, here are IMDb links for JUMANJI and ZATHURA -- and B.O. MoJo links for the Robin Williams film and the one that featured a young Kristen Stewart.  

Both films do revolve around board games "coming to life," but while JUMANJI was a moderate success, ZATHURA (despite favorable reviews) was a box office bomb... 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 6:37pm
And both movies were based on children's books, so they weren't 100% original either!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 7:48pm
...so, I guess my idea for "Candyland: The Motion Picture" only has about a 50-50 shot at being a box-office success. Cry
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 8:29pm
With the way Hollywood is now, I'd say more like 70/30...or maybe even 80/20! 

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

...so, I guess my idea for "Candyland: The Motion Picture" only has about a 50-50 shot at being a box-office success. Cry
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 8:52pm
Is this a limited release? I've never even heard of this film.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: This opens today (April 9, 2010) in dozens of theatres here in the L.A. market, then apparently will be "platformed" (slowly and deliberately released in other markets to capitalize on hoped-for word-of-mouth) across the country -- in much the same way PARANORMAL ACTIVITY was released so successfully last year (with a claimed production budget of only $15,000, it went on to gross over $190 million worldwide). The big difference: PARANORMAL actually scared audiences, while BLACK WATERS appears to be garnering more guffaws than gasps...
DaveThePhotoGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaveThePhotoGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 6:36am
Definitely gonna watch this one, after reading what most of you said --  it's got classic written all over it!  
I think they kinda sound like Depeche Mode
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 5:51pm
Surely it will be better than "C Me Dance". Yeah, I saw the trailer for "CMD" for the first time today. I'm amazed I didn't start bleeding out of my eyes.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2010 at 6:05pm
Actually, this movie does sound like a genuine hoot...for all the wrong reasons of course, but that is the best kind...I'll catch it sooner or later.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2010 at 8:24pm
I think horror-comedies will become the norm some day. Horror movies have become self-parody already, so they might as well make it official.
sharong View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote sharong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2010 at 2:56am
Actually, this movie sounds like a genuine hoot to me, too.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2010 at 12:10pm
Here's another guy who is in this movie (you'll recognise him instantly):

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
aqua mailman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 6:50pm
This sound suspiciously like 1975's "The Blood Wates of Dr. Z" aka ZAAT!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2011 at 4:50am
Robert Patrick? AKA, The T-1000
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

a CAST of LARGELY UNKNOWNS (WHO WILL LIKELY REMAIN UNKNOWN)
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>