Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 27th RAZZIE® AWARDS DISCUSSIONS & FORUMS > BIG MOMMA'S HOUSE 2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

All Dressed Up...But NO ONE’s Laffing!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All Dressed Up...But NO ONE’s Laffing!!!
    Posted: January 26 2007 at 4:12pm
The problem for Martin Lawrence is that he can't seem to find any good comedies to do. He was in those 2 Bad Boys films, but I never liked them that much (one of those reasons was because they were directed by one of my least favorite directors, Michael Bay). Up next for Martin is Wild Hogs, with John Travolta and Tim Allen. Hogs may end up being a Razzie contender for 2007 for sure. It comes out March 2, 2007 nationwide.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 3:25am

There have been too many bad parts in this movie that made it pretty bad. Actually, mostly everything in this movie was pretty bad. One was the part where this one girl asks Big Momma played by Martin if he can help her with her bra.

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2007 at 3:20pm
It's a pretty tough toss whether Lawrence or Cedric the Entertainer is more embarrassing to watch, given that their styles are both nauseatingly similar--and completely flat. 
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2007 at 3:03am
Yes, that's true.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2007 at 9:12am

I do find Cedric the Entertainer pretty much entertaining, but he hasn't even chosen a lot of good comedies to do. I can't really remember which ones they are, but most of them have been really, really bad.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2007 at 12:08pm

This scared me!

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 1:58pm
I just saw this again after several years. 

The first one was funny, but it tried too much to be like THE NUTTY PROFESSOR, and the plot was thin. But it did feature what could be Martin Lawrence's only funny performance (aside from BLACK KNIGHT). 

Here, Lawrence was just going through the motions. But we can't blame him completely, since his character is a one-note joke. But you know what, I still laughed at BIG MOMMA. We know she's gonna start a sentence with her "Ooo! Lordy", and then say some random one-liner, but because of what she says, she remains unpredictable. But the visual gags fell flat, especially the ones that were overly repeated.

Because this one tried to be more family-friendly, we get some unnecessary sentimentality, which I admit I was carried away by. But the make-up was horrid, the directing and editing were lazy, and we got a few too many characters.

I give this 5/10.

Now I can finally watch the 3rd one. Wish me luck! No,seriously, I feel like I'll need luck to get through it. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12