Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2005/26th RAZZIE® Awards Discussions & Forums > SON of the MASK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

All The Buzz on The Suckiest of Sequels!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: All The Buzz on The Suckiest of Sequels!
    Posted: June 10 2010 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Vits

I prefer you don't talk about colors at all,since they have nothing to do with the nationalities.

Exactly, since "American" shouldn't be automatically linked to "white". We'll drop the whole thing since Diaz wasn't even in this movie anyway.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 3:57pm
No.We've got Jamie Kennedy.I've heard he's the whitest comedian in the world!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Vits

No.We've got Jamie Kennedy.I've heard he's the whitest comedian in the world!
Well, white, black, latino, asian or other, it doesn't matter because this movie just sucked on every level.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2011 at 7:15pm
The worst Jim Carrey-free sequel to a Jim Carrey movie and that says a lot!

The good:

N/A

The bad:

Traylor Howard: Howard is very annoying in this. Thankfully, and this is gonna be the only use of "thankfully" in here, she has limited screen-time.

Bob Hoskins: It's safe to say that Anthony Hopkins isn't going to be threatened by Hoskins' portrayal of Odin.

The allusions to much better things: It's been said many times: unless your product can stand alongside the art that you're referncing, don't reference it! Here's a brief list of things mentioned in Son Of The Mask that are 1000 times better: Milo And Otis, Woody Woodpecker, One Froggy Evening, The Flintstones, Transformers, The Exoricst, Road Runner cartoons, Ransom, Scarface, the Bible, and, most damningly, the original The Mask! There's a litany of references (i.e. while in the womb, the nightmare fuel baby performs Desi Arnez's Cuban Pete, which was put to good use in the first one)

The ugly:

Jamie Kennedy and his name: Confession time: I thought Kennedy's performance in this was more Razzie-worthy than Rob Schneider in Deuce Bigelow 2! I know that Schneider was overdue, but Kennedy was, IMO, more obnoxious. As for the name thing, Kennedy's name is Tim Avery, a nod to Tex Avery. Sh*tting on Tex's grave would be less disrespectful.

Alan Cumming: It's safe to say that Tom Hiddleston isn't going to be threatened by Cumming's portrayal of Loki. Also, if you check the deleted scenes on The Mask DVD, there's a scene were the vikings are burying the mask because it has Loki sealed in it. So, if that scene wasn't deleted, than we wouldn't have this before us and I could mourn my cat in peace.*

Horrible special effects: I never liked the special Razzie category for 2005. Tabloids had nothing to do with movies. I better choice would be bringing back Worst Special Effects! That way, A Sound Of Thunder would have gotten a nod! Also, this would have won! But seriously, the special effects for this are some of the creepiest FX ever! The baby, the dog, but especially the baby were REALLY bad!

One more thing of interest. Jamie Kennedy made a documentary called Heckler that started out as a documentary about getting heckled in comedy clubs, but morphed into a celebration of himself and how anyone that doesn't like him is a bully. Cameron Crowe isn't looking so douchey now!  (Edit: I forgot to mention that Uwe Boll and history's greatest monster are in there too!) Grade: F

Next-up: The NeverEnding Story III!

*Rest in peace, ButtheadCry
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 6:01am
I really thought you'd mention the one scene I remember*:The lead character turns into THE MASK and then has sex with the wife(which is a form of rape),we get to see the sperm(why is this a family movie?),and the wife has the baby and the lead wants to raise him anyway even if it's technically not his.

*I have to watch this movie again.Dead

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2013 at 1:59pm
My review (it includes some of my thoughts on the 1st installment (skip to 10:49)):

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234