Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > COMPLETE LIST of 2010 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ALPHA AND OMEGA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALPHA AND OMEGA
    Posted: November 13 2010 at 3:23pm

THE DIRECTORS OF ALPHA AND OMEGA ARE NOT PRESTIGIOUS. BEN GLUCK HAS VERY LITTLE EXPERIENCE IN DIRECTING; HIS ONLY IMPACT HAS BEEN WITH THE BELOW AVERAGE 2000 CGI FILM DINOSAUR, WHERE HE DESIGNED THE STORY. CO-DIRECTOR ANTHONY BELL'S PAST IS MOSTLY IN TELEVISION, AS THE FACE OF THE BOONDOCKS AND COUNTLESS NICKELODEON SPECIALS.

IN SEPTEMBER 2010, LION'S GATE RELEASED ALPHA AND OMEGA, AN ANIMATED MOVIE BY A TROUBLED STUDIO AND FEATURING HIT-OR-MISS ACTRESS CHRISTINA RICCI AND PERHAPS THE FINAL PERFORMANCE OF DENNIS HOPPER. LIKE TOO MANY ANIMATED MOVIES OUTSIDE OF PIXAR AND DREAMWORKS, THIS ONE CRASHED. WE SAW THIS PLENTY OF TIMES IN THE SUMMER OF 2008, WITH FLY ME TO THE MOON AND IGOR.

THIS MOVIE CAUGHT THE ATTENTION OF MANY OF US WHEN IT GOT WORSE REVIEWS THAN DEVIL BACK ON SEPTEMBER 17. IT GOT 14% AT ROTTEN TOMATOES AND A PALTRY 36% AT METACRITIC. WE ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT ANIMATED MOVIE'S DON'T GET RAZZIE NOMINATIONS.

File:Alpha and Omega poster.jpg

No comment...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 8:06pm
Yeah, with the Oscars, animated movies might get consideration, they might get the nod for Best Picture, but they never win. The same goes with the Razzies. We like to SEE the actors and actresses messing up royally on the screen, not just hear them.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 5:19am
I can safely say that this is NOT the way the late Dennis Hopper would have wanted to end his career.

P.S. The Razzies did nominate my most hated movie of all time 'The Clone (Crap) Wars' and that was animated (as well as badly written with annoying characters, such as the villainess who was like what would happen if Hannibal Lector and the Borg Queen (from Star Trek: First Contact) had a spawn sprouting cliched villain lines).
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 6:05am
If there had been an Oscar, and it had 6 nominations for Toy Story 3, The Illusionist, My Dog Tulip, Despicable Me, Tangled, and How to Train Your Dragon, and they are considered Gone with the Wind of 2010 animated films, Alpha and Omega has to be the Ishtar of 2010 animated films. And it's also the reason why Dennis Hopper should resurrect from the dead, because he can't end his movie career with this, can he?
Pictures move, do they?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2010 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

If there an Oscar had 6 nominations for Toy Story 3, The Illusionist, My Dog Tulip, Despicable Me, Tangled, and How to Train Your Dragon, and they are considered Gone with the Wind of 2010 animated films, Alpha and Omega has to be the Ishtar of 2010 animated films.
 LOL "Ishtar of animated film!" Good one!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

I can safely say that this is NOT the way the late Dennis Hopper would have wanted to end his career.
With this and the boring TV show CRASH(based on the same titled Oscar winning movie I gave 10/10),he must be rolling over his grave.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Vits

With this and the boring TV show CRASH(based on the same titled Oscar winning movie I gave 10/10),he must be rolling over his grave.
Most of Hopper's career during the past 5 or 10 years was nothing for him to be proud of. It was clear he was just taking every job offered to him because he needed the money due to his failing marriage.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 3:19pm
It has been announced that only 3 movies will be up for the Oscar for "Best Animated Feature".This is among the contenders.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 7:23pm

It has been announced that only 3 movies will be up for the Oscar for "Best Animated Feature".This is among the contenders.

Well, let's see, there will be Toy Story 3, How to Train Your Dragon and Despicable Me.  Oh, dear, there's no room for Alpha & Omega: Dog Bored, what a surprise. . . .

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 8:05pm

Ah, bulls*** it is! cvcjr's list is a much more likely outcome.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 5:52am
What about other animated films, like Tangled, The Illusionist, or My Dog Tulip?  

Pictures move, do they?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 7:55am
Most of what I'm going to say next isn't for your sake.  I imagine you already know all of this.  It is written with everyone on this Forum in mind.

Vits says they announced there would only be three nominees this year.  What Vits didn't understand when he posted on all the 2010 animated films on this website is that the number of animated films to be nominated is determined by the total number of animated films deemed eligible for consideration.  Being considered does not confer any honor on any film.  For example, Crazy on the Outside is eligible for an Academy Award, but it would be no shock if that film lays a big goose egg come time for the ballot.  Same goes for the Best Animated Film category.

So, with only three, which one of the three I listed will The Illusionist boot out?  I'd say The Illusionist (not to be confused with the wonderful film of the same title starring Edward Norton) has the best chance of spoiling a nomination for either How to Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me.  It would be a heartbreak either way.  Toy Story 3 is the only sure shot.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 11:10am
Okay, then Vits should have simply said "There will be only three nominees this year". That's all we needed to know.  

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Most of what I'm going to say next isn't for your sake.  I imagine you already know all of this.  It is written with everyone on this Forum in mind.

Vits says they announced there would only be three nominees this year.  What Vits didn't understand when he posted on all the 2010 animated films on this website is that the number of animated films to be nominated is determined by the total number of animated films deemed eligible for consideration.  Being considered does not confer any honor on any film.  For example, Crazy on the Outside is eligible for an Academy Award, but it would be no shock if that film lays a big goose egg come time for the ballot.  Same goes for the Best Animated Film category.

So, with only three, which one of the three I listed will The Illusionist boot out?  I'd say The Illusionist (not to be confused with the wonderful film of the same title starring Edward Norton) has the best chance of spoiling a nomination for either How to Train Your Dragon or Despicable Me.  It would be a heartbreak either way.  Toy Story 3 is the only sure shot.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 12:18pm
Yep, BHB, that's all that needed to be said.  The number of nominees for Best Animated Film is determined by how many animated films are eligible, so the big question is always, will it be three, four or maybe five?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, depending on the number of animated films that qualify/are submitted to the AMPAS in any given year, the number of nominees for Best Animated Feature is, I believe, either 3 or 5, but never 4. For 2010, apparently only 15 titles were submitted, falling one short of the 16 submissions necessary to trigger a 5-nominee race...  

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Actually, depending on the number of animated films that qualify/are submitted to the AMPAS in any given year, the number of nominees for Best Animated Feature is, I believe, either 3 or 5, but never 4. For 2010, apparently only 15 titles were submitted, falling one short of the 16 submissions necessary to trigger a 5-nominee race...  
Ah, so that's how it works! I was always wondering why some catagories only get 3 nominees.
 Post Reply Post Reply