Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > MAD MONEY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Alternate Title: MENOPAUSE MONEY...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternate Title: MENOPAUSE MONEY...
    Posted: January 18 2008 at 1:06am

IF YOU SAW HER HOST THE 34th ANNUAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS, YOU ALREADY KNOW QUEEN LATIFAH, DESPITE HER ENORMOUS APPEAL, CAN MAKE a MIS-STEP NOW and THEN. AND MAD MONEY COULD BE a MIS-STEP of RAZZ-ABLE PROPORTIONS...

CO-STARRING with 2007 WORST ACTRESS CONTENDER DIANE KEATON and SURI's MOM (2005 WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS NOMINEE KATIE HOLMES) LATIFAH PLAYS ONE of THREE "ORDINARY HOUSEWIVES" PLANNING to KNOCK OFF the FEDERAL RESERVE BANK. IF THIS SOUNDS SIMILAR to ABOUT 1,237 OTHER CAPER MOVIES YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN, THAT's ONLY the FIRST of THIS FILM'S PROBLEMS. ANOTHER ONE: IT GOT SHOT DOWN by 80% of the CRITIX at ROTTEN TOMATOES...

IF YOU'D LIKE to CRAP ON THIS COOKIE-CUTTER CRIME CAPER, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE...

KEATON: "Quick, let's count this before the reviews come in..."

LATIFAH: "OOPS! Too late!"

HOLMES: "...and to think, I gotta give 10% of mine to that dead guy, L. Ron Hubbard!" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
yotypeocom View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 2:55am

The sad thing about it is Diane Keaton doing this cookie-cutter dumb-comedy! But after Because I Said So, I guess we can expect anything from ANYONE...

I never expect anything from Queen Latifah, she always likes to do dumb things, and Mrs Katie Cruise ewww... I think its going to be real Razzie material, but it is only the beginning of the year, so we might yet see WORSE THINGS!

Queen_of_Toad View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Queen_of_Toad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 5:37am
You will find some more reviews here:
http://freekatie.yuku.com/forums/63

Katie Stockholme-syndrome looks like a strong contender once again. She's had a good start to the new year (Razzie-wise, of course)...
Please, forgive my poor English. It's not my native language.
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2008 at 7:03am
We have as many RAZZIE contenders from the comedy genre as there have been weeks in this year. All three films seem to employ some of the most tired story devices the genre has to offer (in this case, recycled characters being the most glaring example), which I find infinitely perplexing because humor is something that by definition is meant to feature ingenuity and incongruity. They're literally forsaking  the humor in the creation of comedies.
batman39 View Drop Down
Berry Good Friend
Berry Good Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote batman39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 11:44am

I didn't think it was possible that Diane Keaton could give a bad
performance but then Because I Said So came along, and it was painfully bad.
Do I really have to sit through another? Diane might have been a shoo-in winner this year, but folks we have the double dose of Lindsay Lohan and her bad press -- and that will probably save Diane Keaton for now.

Doesn't mean I won't vote for Diane though. Her movie was clearly the worst of the ones I've seen.

How many bad chick flicks have won the Worst Picture Razzie? 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 4:22am
Umm...I thought this was a pretty decent movie. The only RAZZIE consideration I would give it would be for WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS for Katie Holmes' unbelievably unfunny and desperate performance.
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2008 at 4:08pm
If there is any reason you should see this, let it be because of Diane Keaton,
with her fluent performance that redeems herself of her disasterous role in
Because I Said So.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2008 at 1:27pm

The career of Katie Holmes ended the second she said "I do" at her freaky wedding to Tom Cruise and joined his alien-worshipping buddies.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:04am
The 'Mad' in Mad Money could also describe the co-Worst Actress prospects in this film -- and whoever had the nerve to create it!   
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 9:13am
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

The 'Mad' in Mad Money could also describe the co-Worst Actress prospects in this film -- and whoever had the nerve to create it!   

I actually thought the movie eked by the strength of its performers.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2008 at 2:05pm
I actually liked this movie. Funny and original on the bank robbery. To be fair, why wouldn't they give the money away if they're throwing the old money away to be replaced by new ones?
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2008 at 2:15am
I have a theory that part of the reason the economy is in the crapper is
because some bank workers saw this movie and took notes.
wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

I actually liked this movie. Funny and original on the bank robbery.

Agree. I have no idea why this film is so hated by critics. I had fun watchign it, and all three actresses gave nice perfomances (that includes Katie Holmes). I hope this film gets by Razzie free.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2009 at 1:53pm

Originally posted by wolfee37

Agree. I have no idea why this film is so hated by critics. I had fun watchign it, and all three actresses gave nice perfomances (that includes Katie Holmes). I hope this film gets by Razzie free.

Too bad, because it was on the first voting ballot, which means it has one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel. 

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Michaels

Too bad, because it was on the first voting ballot, which means it has one foot in the grave and one foot on a banana peel. 

ARE YOU KIDDING?!!!!!! Oh, no. I will not stand One Missed Call not being on there and films that actually had more than 0% on RT that are! You know One Missed Call has a big fat ZERO percent on RT?! There's a reason why!!!! You won't like me when I crazy.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2009 at 12:48pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

ARE YOU KIDDING?!!!!!! Oh, no. I will not stand One Missed Call not being on there and films that actually had more than 0% on RT that are! You know One Missed Call has a big fat ZERO percent on RT?! There's a reason why!!!! You won't like me when I crazy.

Why, does going crazy make you turn into a giant, green, hulking monster? Don't worry, I doubt this movie will actually "win" anything. I'm pretty sure Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba, Carmen Electra, and Kim Kardashian all have locks on the Worst Actresses catagories.

Post Reply Post Reply