Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2006 MOVIES w/LYNX! > 2006 TITLES, ALPHABETICALLY: AMERICAN DREAMZ
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

AMERICAN DREAMZ: Reality TV or Reality??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMERICAN DREAMZ: Reality TV or Reality??
    Posted: April 18 2006 at 5:12am

CENTERED on an AMERICAN PRESIDENT WITH POLL NUMBERS SO LOW HE AGREES to BE a PANELIST on a REALITY TV SHOW, THIS WANNA-BE POLITICAL SATIRE LOOKS TOO OBVIOUS to ACTUALLY BE FUNNY...

Its makers obviously hope it'll out-gross FAHRENHEIT 9/11. But our current President actually being a doofus in newsreel footage will likely prove far more entertaining than Dennis Quaid doing an impersonation of him. And when was the last time Hugh Grant was in a good movie??

So, go ahead...DISCUSS!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Movie Man View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 12:54pm
This actually looks like it'll be good. I don't know why everybody's got to diss on the movie before its released.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2006 at 3:04pm
I have one hope, Dafoe was good in Inside man this year, and hopefully will be good in this. ( Auto Focus rocked)
messy-1 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote messy-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 1:27am
Yeah, it's actually rather good. They're not screening The Sentinal and the guys who are running the site might actually have to change their pronouncement.
thecrazyneverends View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote thecrazyneverends Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 11:17am
yeah, it does look funny. i'm intrigued
Michaels View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2006 at 3:32pm
It'll be funny because it's true. America cares more about voting for the next American Idol than they do for the next President. It won't be the perfect comedy, but it can't be worse than the next Adam Sandler movie.
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 3:44pm
I got too depressed when I read on Democratic Underground that Dennis
Quaid is a big Bush supporter.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2006 at 9:59pm
I heard that more people vote for American Idol than voted in the last election. Pretty sad, look where it's gotten us.
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 6:02am

I went, I saw, I did not laugh, nor did I change my mind about Bush.

Bush and Cheney are portrayed as bunglers, but it's not the bungling that is the problem.  It's the politics behind the bungling, and this movie missed the point.   There is a subplot involing an Arab and his gay friend,  no I'm not going to reveal any details, you would be bored.

They could have edited this movie to a SNL skit and it would have been simply silly and soon forgotten.  Hugh Grant seemed too tight, Randy Quaid was his usual bland self and Will Dafoe his usual competent self.  Dafoe is actualy funny as Cheney, but again when first seeing him'  the SNL sjkit of the coneheads came to mind. 

It cost me $26 in tickets and snacks (Raisinettes!) to see this movie, and I am glad my date didn't judge me by my taste in movies!  She knows I belong to this site and tolerates my S&M streak! 

"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Brierfox

I went, I saw, I did not laugh, nor did I change my mind about Bush.

Bush and Cheney are portrayed as bunglers, but it's not the bungling that is the problem.

You misspelled "promoted"

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2006 at 10:37pm
The reviews from Ebert and Roeper were similar to ours. Hey, great minds think alike.

- Joe Queenan

sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2006 at 3:49pm
This film definitely was a Box Office Bomb.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2006 at 9:05am

Well, my hope came true, Dafoe is said to be one of the films (Very few) high points. Man, I'm good.

Loi13 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Loi13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2006 at 10:47pm
I liked American Dreamz.  It was funny.  Of course, this is the Razzie website where everybody hates everything (kinda like me).
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2007 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Loi13

I liked American Dreamz.  It was funny.  Of course, this is the Razzie website where everybody hates everything (kinda like me).

I liked this movie too! I thought it was underrated and funny!! And Mandy Moore was perfect for her role!
 Post Reply Post Reply