Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE LAST AIR-BENDER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

An Ill Wind BLOWS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Ill Wind BLOWS...
    Posted: January 17 2011 at 10:39am
I'm sorry, but I've always posted my opinions before I ever had a ballot, and I don't see any reason why to change just because the ballot is in front of me (or, as in this case, was in front of me, as it's now sitting with the HeadRAZZ as he tallies the votes, with lots of nominations for Love Ranch and Skyline written in, neither of which will be happening either).

The way I see it, based on screen time, there were three leads, not one.  Rathbone and Peltz had a lot of screen time, with only Ringer having more.  Sadly, that's not how it played out on the ballot, though.  So, The Last Airhead leaves room for one or two movies to snatch Worst Actor and Worst Actress (let me guess - Robert Pattinson and "the four gal pals from Sex & the City 2", "diss"respectively?).  If Parker & friends threaten to show up and sing "I Am Woman" for the award ceremony, oh man. . . .

Originally posted by Vheid

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Worst Movie
Worst Actor - Jackson Rathbone
Worst Actress - Nicola Peltz
Worst Supporting Actor - Dev Patel  (so, what have you done with your career lately?), Cliff Curtis and Aasif Mandvi
Worst Supporting Actress - Seychelle Gabriel
Worst Director - M. Night Shambles-on
Worst Screenplay
Worst Ensemble/Couple - the entire cast
Worst Remake/Sequel/Prequel or Rip-Off
Worst Eye-Gouging Use of 3D

Sorry, but this is never going to happen. Not only are both Rathbone and Peltz in supporting but Gabriel, Curtis and Mandvi were nowere to be found on the nominationballot so they will be needing a sh*tload of write-ins from the voting members to even be close to a nomination (which i just don't see happening to these no name fame actors).
kinkyiam View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote kinkyiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2011 at 1:45am
Personally, I want Last Airbender to win the Razzies for Worst Picture and Worst Director more than any other film. Yes, it's true that I am a fan of the series, but that just makes this movie all that more terrible. It's also true that it's a close tie between this piece of sh*t and Twilight, but I still want this movie to get the most Razzies for no other reason other than that maybe that would convince Hollywood not to make any sequels. I just want them to stop with these terrible remakes/sequels and terrible movies. Just let the damn thing die in peace, and stop dragging its carcass through the streets.
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity!" (George Carlin)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 12:34pm
So I came upon a video that said "Dev Patel defends THE LAST AIRBENDER",but' it's actually just an interview before it was released.Has anyone here heard of someone involved in the movie being asked about the bad reviews?

By the way I also found the video of AT THE MOVIES reviewing SIGNS and Roeper said I wish Shyamalan made 30 more movies.If only...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2011 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by Vits

By the way I also found the video of AT THE MOVIES reviewing SIGNS and Roeper said I wish Shyamalan made 30 more movies.If only...
Yes, because that would give us 30 more chances to razz him. He would beat out Stallone's winning record in no time!

Mind you, that was after "Signs", M. Night's last good movie. I'm sure Roeper has changed his mind since then.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 10:23am
Only Burn would reply to something I wrote in an old forum.Smile
And only he would make fun of a compliment for Shyamalan rather than answering my questions.Angry
Can someone answer please?
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Vits

...and my wish is that Roeper is tied to a chair and forced to sit through them
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 11:12am
No Saturn.I meant can anyone answer my questions?Anyway I should've known better than to write that and basically open the door for you to make fun of him.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 4:14pm

Sorry, Vits, but you set yourself up with that comment. Plus, considering the movie in question is up for 9 awards, it's not that old of a forum.

As to your question about anyone attached to the movie talking about the bad reviews, nope, everyone seems to be keeping quiet about it. I don't blame them at all.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

As to your question about anyone attached to the movie talking about the bad reviews, nope, everyone seems to be keeping quiet about it. I don't blame them at all.
Seriously...if you had appeared in that movie, would you be publically discussing it with anyone? I'd want the world to forget about it asap.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2011 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Seriously...if you had appeared in that movie, would you be publically discussing it with anyone? I'd want the world to forget about it asap.
My point exactly!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 8:19am
You know, I have to confess I split my vote this year.  I know, I said The Last Airbender would sweep, and when it came to Worst Picture, that's how I voted.  But when I came to Worst Director, and saw Seltzerberg at the top, as much as I tried to talk myself into clicking on Shamsalong, I just couldn't in all good conscience not give my vote to Seltzerberg.  They are easily far worse directors than Shamsalong and any desecration to a great animated series he does in the prime of his lameness.

And while I'm giving my mea culpa, I also threw my vote for Worst 3-D not to The Last Airbender, but to The You-Must-Be-Nuts?!Cracker in 3D.

Everything else went to The Last Airbender where it appeared on the ballot.  Dev Patel got my vote over Jackson Rathbone.  Rathbone may have been lame in not one but two movies, but Patel went from giving a great performance in Slumdog Millionaire to giving a bad performance in The Last Airbender.  I was going to give Megan Fox a long deserved Razzie, but just like last year, she was spared by someone who should have known and done better, or in this case, four actresses who should have known and done better.  Just the picture of the Sux in the City 2 crew singing a neverending version of "I Am Woman" with bellydancers gyrating all around cinched my vote.

Originally posted by kinkyiam

Personally, I want Last Airbender to win the Razzies for Worst Picture and Worst Director more than any other film. Yes, it's true that I am a fan of the series, but that just makes this movie all that more terrible. It's also true that it's a close tie between this piece of sh*t and Twilight, but I still want this movie to get the most Razzies for no other reason other than that maybe that would convince Hollywood not to make any sequels. I just want them to stop with these terrible remakes/sequels and terrible movies. Just let the damn thing die in peace, and stop dragging its carcass through the streets.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 8:57am
I think you made the right call.Because there aren't technical categories "Worst Director" should be about anything visual.Everything ill-spoken about this movie is about the script and the acting,but that it's very flashy.When I see a Seltzerberg movie I'm wondering if it's really a home-made video.If they can't afford to replicate something from another movie then just scratch it from the script!

I have a question for those who saw this movie.I've been asking around if I must have seen the TV show first.Some say no because it's like movies adapted from books:They show everything from the source rather than creating another episode to it.Some say yes because the movie's biggest fault is not resembling the show.What do you say?
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 9:12am
Vits, I think you have to decide that one for yourself.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 10:36am
If I wanted to do that I wouldn't ask,right?It's just that if I hate this movie he cannot longer be my favorite director,so I want to make sure I have all the factors needed to review it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 12:02pm
Vits, just out of curiousity, Have you seen and did you like The last Airbender? If so, would your opinion about the film really change THAT much if you saw the source material on which it was based?

I havn't seen the tv show, simply because i never watch tv.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2011 at 2:08pm
You're joking,right?Why would I ask that if I had seen the movie?

I trust on the disspointed fans of the show when they say the movie is too different.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>