Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > THE LAST AIR-BENDER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

An Ill Wind BLOWS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Ill Wind BLOWS...
    Posted: July 01 2010 at 7:37am
BEFORE IT OPENED, WE WERE KINDA SECRETLY HOPING THAT THIS WOULD NOT BE the LAST NAIL in the CAREER COFFIN of M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN (a.k.a. SHYAMALAN the DING-DONG) and MAYBE NOT PROVE to be YET ANOTHER REASON to PICK on the DIRECTOR -- SINCE THIS ONE TANKING MEANS SHYAMALAN COULD BE DIRECTING DIRECT-to-CABLE MOVIES for SY-FY by YEAR's END (WHICH WOULD BE DISASTROUS for M. --  BUT a HOOT for US!).  

TURNS OUT the STUDIO'S CLAIM of ADVANCE, FAVORABLE WORD-of-MOUTH (SUPPOSEDLY BASED on a SOLIDLY SUCCESSFUL PREVIEW SCREENING) for LAST AIRBENDER COULDN'T SAVE THIS ONE from the FATE of ITS RAZZIE® NOMINATED PREDECESSORS LADY IN THE WATER and THE HAPPENING. ROTTEN REVIEWS (ON ITS OPENING DAY IT RANKED as the 4th WORST REVIEWED MOVIE of 2010 at META-CRITIC) COMBINED with the BONE-HEADED "STRATEGY" of OPENING THIS ONE DAY AFTER TWILIGHT SAGA: EEK! LIPS! DEBUTED DOOMED THIS ONE to QUICK BURIAL in the BOX OFFICE BONEYARD. OH, and THAT'S NOT EVEN FACTORING in the 'PSUEDO 3-D" ELEMENT of the MOVIE BEING "CONVERTED" (a la CLASH OF THE TITANS) TO COLLECT EXTRA BUX for THOSE BULKY 3-D GLASSES, WHILE INDUCING VOMITOUS HEADACHES and BLEEDING-EYE-SYNDROME AMONG ITS PATRONS... 

TAKEN in ALL, AIRBENDER SHOULD BE the LAST BIG-BUDGET/MAJOR STUDIO MOVIE EVER ENTRUSTED to M. NIGHT -- AT LEAST UNTIL HOLLYWOOD FORGETS HIS RECENT BOMB-LADEN TRACK RECORD...in ABOUT 18 MONTHS??    

OKAY FOLKS, TIME to SAY 'NIGHTY-NIGHT' to M. NIGHT's CAREER...

"That's right -- they DID call me 'Arrowhead' when I 
was in kindergarten, but I showed them all by mastering 
the ancient art of Air-Bending. FEAR ME -- For I have the 
power... to actually FART around corners!!"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
nyfilmfest View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote nyfilmfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 8:00am

We have a winner (and by "Winner", I mean Loser). 

The worst film of 2010 is here! 

BeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerPartyBeerParty

IT'S A FARTY IN THE USA!!
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 8:08am

Wacko "I'M NO LONGER THE POOPIEST THING OF 2010!" Dead
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 10:58am
Wow... Just... Wow... It's getting lower reviews than Grown-Ups? Really? I have a very hard time believing that it's that bad. I hadn't necessarily planned on seeing it, but I was guessing it would be high 50's, low 60's. Instead, it sounds like it's the kiddy version of Mortal Kombat: Annihilation... I dunno, I feel like I might have to give it a chance. I might wanna call shenanigans on this one.
-Iron helps us play-
nyfilmfest View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote nyfilmfest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 11:52am
I doubt your silly hunch is going to prove all of those reviewers combined wrong, but at least you will be performing your due diligence as a Razzie voter by seeing this  turd! 

Ying Yang

Sleepy
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 1:27pm
I have a hard time believing the reviews' negativity as well. If I watch the film, it'll be to see how bad it is. Let's hope a reboot comes five years later.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 2:15pm
M. Nut Shamalamadingdong tries to do something different...and it still sucks. Let's face it: This guy was a one hit wonder (and I still think The Sixth Sense was one of the most wildly overrated movies of the past 20 years). Quick...somebody post a tombstone for M. Nut's career over on that thread where we used to do that.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 2:28pm
Here is the "Ouch, that really stings! Award" winning remark for this film:

It is so bad that not only could Uwe Boll make a better movie than Shyamalan has done here, he already has.

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 2:58pm
A claim of an "advance positive word of mouth" for what turns out to be a disaster?  WHAT A TWIST! 

Also, HeadRAZZberry, you know how you complained that the Twilight films don't "win" Razzies?  This is a perfect example of why Twilight averts our spray-painted dis-Honors. 

And given the way things work in Hollywood, I wonder if Seltzerberg is going to "parody" Last Fartbender in Vampires Suck.  Given that Disaster movie had little to do with disasters, Vampires Suck just might, given the hopes people had for Fartbender.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:42pm
Ah, MWG -- you gotta love this kid and his constant hoping for better movies in the future. Yeah, if they don't get it right the first time, they are not going to get it right the second time around either ... unless it's made by Chris Nolan, who can turn any piece of s*** into gold.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:43pm
Not to come across as being immature, but yeah -- I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the title "Airbender" is a way-too-easy set-up for fart jokes!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 5:46pm
Yeah, that sounds like an easy, immature joke that Seltzerberg would work into their "movie", so of course it's going to be in it.  

Originally posted by Berrynoia

And given the way things work in Hollywood, I wonder if Seltzerberg is going to "parody" Last Fartbender in Vampires Suck.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 8:34am
No-- They only parody movies that were already out at the time they wrote their script. I may be wrong, but I think their movie is already in post-production.  

Originally posted by Berrynoia

And given the way things work in Hollywood, I wonder if Seltzerberg is going to "parody" Last Fartbender in Vampires Suck.  Given that Disaster movie had little to do with disasters, Vampires Suck just might, given the hopes people had for Fartbender.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 10:30am
Here's a good review for the film: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/1849-The-Last-Airbender
Maybe I should watch it?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 11:05am
There you go again, MWG, with your "ONE guy liked it, so I should overlook the other TWO HUNDRED negative reviews*" theory.  

Here's another review from an actual fan of the cartoon series, and he's none too happy about what he saw. (Warning: f-bombs are dropped, and dropped often).

(*Or if you want the actual numbers, 9 "good" reviews and 90 negative reviews, at the time of this posting)  
rburton View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote rburton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 2:12pm
When you vote for Dev Patel for Worst Supporting Actor, remember those kids diving into a pile of poop in Slumdog Millionaire.  Patel clearly only signs onto projects that are loaded with fecal matter.
For Your Consideration

Dev Patel for WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR in The Last Fartbender
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>