Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > FOOL'S GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

...and Only FOOLS Will Pay 2 See It!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...and Only FOOLS Will Pay 2 See It!
    Posted: February 05 2008 at 3:49pm

HERE's an IRRESTABLE INVITATION to an AUDIENCE: WANNA SPEND 100 MINUTES with CHARACTERS YOU WOULDN'T WASTE 10 MINUTES ON IN REAL LIFE -- SQUABBLING, MONEY-GRUBBING, ASS-GRABBING JERKS with ONLY TWO THINGS on THEIR MINDS??

BUT WE DIGRESS...BASICALLY, FOOL'S GOLD IS a PAINFULLY UN-ENTERTAINING "ROMANTIC ADVENTURE" --  an INADVERTENT REMAKE of KATE HUDSON's OWN MOTHER GOLDIE HAWN's 1987 DUD OVERBOARD -- and JUST AS MUCH of a PAIN in the ASS to SIT THROUGH...

FEEL FREE to AGREE, DISAGREE (or SIMPLY DISS) BELOW...

HUDSON: "See, this is where the script starts to go wrong -- Right here on Page 2..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2008 at 7:09pm
Hey! You guys remember SAHARA?

Neither do I.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 8:00am
I liked "Sahara", but this will suck.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 9:17am
This looks like a dead on remake of Romancing the Stone which airs almost daily on one or another of the Turner networks. Once again, originality is no where to be found.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
yotypeocom View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote yotypeocom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 9:25am
Will this be as BAD as Failure to Launch? now that was a weak, lame and shameless piece of CRAP! I hope this one at least is funny or ridiculous because even Sahara was at least entertaining. Matthew McConaguey is on a string of mess!
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 12:37pm
I hated Failure to Launch but I immensly enjoyed How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I don't know, people seem to not enjoy sitcom comedy in movies....probably because sitcoms are for tv (movies like Monster-in-Law, Duplex, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, etc...). I look forward to this film because I enjoy the duo coming back together, even though it has bad reviews.
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by saturnwatcher

This looks like a dead on remake of Romancing the Stone which airs almost daily on one or another of the Turner networks. Once again, originality is no where to be found.

Yeah, Looks like another "Pay Check" of the week movie for both Kate and Matt, Got to keep up the lifestyle you know!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
jb razz View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jb razz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2008 at 11:45pm
I actually think that this looks like a fun movie, though I agree that the two
main characters probably get annoying after a while. Plus it has Donald
Sutherland and Ray Winstone in what look like fun supporting roles, though
they may end up being the only good part of the movie.
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2008 at 11:41am
"Come on, you know you're not going to hit me." WHACK.  No, it doesn't work.  You usually need some semblence of subtlety for this sort of story to work (Romancing the Stone did, and made the characters three dimensional as well), and it clearly has none of that.   
bts228 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote bts228 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 11:37am
I actually did pay to this awful piece of sh*t. Everything about it was terrible.
But a special RAZZIE needs to go to Alexis Dziena for Worst Supporting
Actress. This was possibly the worst acting I've ever seen on screen. This
bitch was f**king someone.
mmscheema View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmscheema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2008 at 1:16pm

What a waste of good talent like Matthew McConaguey. Looked like an awful rehash of a number of good movies.

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2008 at 2:48pm
I just watched this movie from Netflix; it was ok, wasn't horrible, but wasn't
the best either, and I can see where people are coming from when they point
out the movie's flaws...
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2008 at 2:55pm
Damn this movie was AWFUL! Matt and Kate were awful, Donald Sutherland was miscast, and the b*tch who played his daughter DESERVES a Worst Supporting Actress win. For a film marketed as a light comedy, there was a large amount of blood. Matt shoots a man's ear off, Ray Winstone gets a harpoon to leg, explosions happen in close proximity to human beings, and when the main bad guy is stuck in a geyser, (SPOILER!) the geyser shoots a stream of blood and a flipper. To anyone that called "10,000 B.C." stupid needs to watch this and they will think that film was brilliant. This film defies multiple laws of physics. Guns at the bottom of the ocean work just fine (this gets worse when you remember Hollywood knows this doesn't work; the had jokes about wet clips not working in "Pirates Of The Carribean: At Word's End" and "Shoot'Em Up"), when Winstone gets the harpoon to the leg, with exception of a pissy look on his face, he just keeps going after the guy who shoot at him, Matt doesn't appear unfaced after getting launched up into the air by an explosion, and wouldn't body parts come out of the geyser as well? Nominees: Worst Picture, Director, Actor, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Screenplay, Screen Couple, and Rip-Off (of "The Deep", "National Treasure", "Romancing The Stone", and "Sahara").
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2008 at 4:22am

Yeah, this movie was marketed a a comedy but it was actually an action/adventure. I was surprised by the huge amounts of blood and violence (compared to other PG-13 movies). But I thought the daughter was actually pretty funny... 

myworksucks View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote myworksucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 4:11am
This movie was so stupid. The jokes fell flat and not even the shot of a shirtless Matt M could save this stinker.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2008 at 12:56pm
Any movie that depends on its stars running around shirtless or in bikinis is doomed. Just because it worked for "Baywatch", doesn't mean it works for major motion pictures.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>