Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > FOOL'S GOLD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

...and Only FOOLS Will Pay 2 See It!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...and Only FOOLS Will Pay 2 See It!
    Posted: July 03 2008 at 2:35pm

This is even worse.

Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are planning another movie together - a remake of Foul Play.

Ironically, Hudson's mother Goldie Hawn starred in the original 1978 comedy.

Hudson and McConaughey have played lovers in Fool's Gold and How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days.

The actress confirms negotiations have started about the new film project, but "we don't even have a writer yet".

That writer has big trouble on his hands. And since when are Hudson and McConaughey the new Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan?

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2008 at 3:11am

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: "Ironically," nothing -- If indeed this project is "in the works," it's probably because of the idea of having Hudson re-create one of her mother's most popular roles. As for having McConaughey replace Chevy Chase -- I have yet to see any evidence that he has any comedic abilities. And for those who remember the original FOUL PLAY, just who are they thinking could play the film's third major role, which played a major part in elevating Dudley Moore to stardom three decades ago??? 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2008 at 5:14pm
Tim Allen.  Why not?  The movie is a bust from the get-go.  Might as well throw bad money after bad. . . .
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 4:06pm

Or, if you want to go with totally talentless and unfunny: Dane Cook.   

Originally posted by cvcjr13

Tim Allen.  Why not?  The movie is a bust from the get-go.  Might as well throw bad money after bad. . . .

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2008 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by cvcjr13

Tim Allen.  Why not?  The movie is a bust from the get
go.  Might as well throw bad money after bad. . . .

Tim Allen is facing what Robin Williams is; both are pretty funny comedians,
but a lot of their movies don't reflect that.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2008 at 5:44pm

The only categories this film has a shot for are Worst Screen Couple (Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson) and possibly Worst Actress (Kate Hudson). 

movieman View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote movieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2008 at 4:21am
I can't decide who's worse in the movie, Kate Hudson or Matthew
McConaughey, but it is for sure that Kate Hudson will receive a four-way
Worst Screen couple nomination with Matthew McConaughey, Dane Cook,
and Jason Biggs from My Best
Friends Girl
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2008 at 3:44pm

No doubt along with whatever poor saps they tap to play the albino hitman (with our luck probably Eddie Murphy trying a desperate, laughable attempt to recreate his classic SNL "becoming a white guy" routine) and the midget bible salesman (perhaps a cameo for Chevy, digitally shrunk to midget proportions to "ironically" no doubt reflect how he feels about himself at the moment).   

wolfee37 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote wolfee37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2009 at 4:45pm
Kate Hudson was good in this! But Donald Sutherland and the girl who plays his daughter totally deserve their nominations! You guys better not forget about them, or I will have to create my own razzies cause you guys alawys snub the real deserving ones :P
Pete View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 3:51am

Were flying!

Yep!

How do we get out of this trainwreck?

Yep!

City of angels, I'll see you again, on the last frontier
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 10:18am
Have we really come to this?Hatin'movie just because Matthew is shirtless the entire time(if there are other reasons,that's the main one)?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Vits

Have we really come to this?Hatin'movie just because Matthew is shirtless the entire time(if there are other reasons,that's the main one)?
Considering it didn't win anything, there really isn't much "hate" on it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Originally posted by Vits

Considering it didn't win anything, there really isn't much "hate" on it.

What are you talkin'bout?A movie's failure isn't just messured on how many Razzies it won,just like a movie's success isn't just messured on how many Oscars it won.

I don't know how it did at the box office,but I know it had bad reviews,and in a lot of'em I read "It sucks'cuz Matthew is shirtless the entire time",and tons of those were written by experts.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 2:04pm
I'm just saying, it's not worth bringing up, since it's been over a year since it was released and it didn't win any Razzies. We should be focusing on what's up for Razzies this year.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 3:03pm
Actually,there's a forum for that.This one is for this movie,and for the awards it won or should have.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12