Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > NEVER BACK DOWN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

...And NEVER Create an Original Moment!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ...And NEVER Create an Original Moment!
    Posted: March 17 2008 at 1:28am

WHEN OVER 90% of the POSTINGS in ONE of OUR FORUMS, MORE THAN  80% of the CRIX at ROTTEN TOMATOES and the VAST MAJORITY of AMERICAN MOVIE-GOERS DISAGREE with OUR CHOICES, WE (SOMETIMES) LISTEN. EVERYONE BUT US WOULD'VE PICKED NEVER BACK DOWN as the WORST NEW MOVIE of the WEAK for MARCH 14, INSTEAD of HORTON HIRES a HO  -- SO, HERE IT IS...HAVE AT IT!

FEEL FREE to KICK IT in the TEETH, PUNCH IT in the NOSE, and LET LOOSE with YER MOST VINDICTIVE VITRIOL...WE FINALLY CONCEDE: THIS ONE IS, INDEED, a MUCH LIKELIER NOMINEE NEXT JANUARY THAN HORTON...

Forgettable Director: "Okay, so this one won't get you another Oscar nomination...But it could get you nominated for one of those OTHER Awards!!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 4:51am

Interestingly, Never Back Down got a lower rating than Doomsday at RT even though Doomsday did not receive advance screenings for critics.

And this movie reeks of ripoff.  Two of the movies ripped off were Karate Kid and Fight Club.

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:20am

I too had said that same thing when I first saw the trailer -- that this looks like a combo Karate Kid and Fight Club rip-off...

Originally posted by Berrynoia

Interestingly, Never Back Down got a lower rating than Doomsday at RT even though Doomsday did not receive advance screenings for critics.

And this movie reeks of ripoff.  Two of the movies ripped off were Karate Kid and Fight Club.

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:16am

I hope we did not hurt your feelings too much, John, with "Horton." I still respect your opinion of "Horton," even if I do not agree with it. However, "Never" is screaming "Worst Re-make or Rip-off" nomination like there's no tomorrow.

I will wait till I can see it for free, and not waste $10.00 -- Thank You very much!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 2:12pm

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: No "hurt" or offense taken -- This Forum is meant to accommodate divergent and conflicting opinions, and I guess I am more of a Suess purist than many of our regular contributors.

But to all those who defended Mike Myers in the heinous CAT IN THE HAT, I can only say...my sympathies for your near total lack of taste in movies!!

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

To all those who defended Mike Myers in the heinous CAT IN THE HAT, I can only say...my sympathies for your near total lack of taste in movies!!

Amen to that Brother John! That movie was enough to make Dr. Suess himself rise from the grave and Bitch Slap every "Creative" idiot on that travesty, I am surprised his estate did not sue for defamation!

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 10:03am

Actually, Djimon has had two Oscar nominations: Best Supporting Actor for both "Blood Diamond" and "In America." What's he doing in this? 

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
moat View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2008 at 8:52am

Hounsou doesn't seem to be especially discriminating when choosing his scripts...

ERAGON
THE ISLAND
BEAUTY SHOP
CONSTANTINE
LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADLE OF LIFE
BIKER BOYZ

You get the idea!

praguepride View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote praguepride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:58pm

The movie screams foul to me. From the previews, it seems like a bunch of rich yuppies taking a break from their huge mansion parties to do a little MMA fighting...and of course the richest, snottiest yuppie also happens to be an MMA god...and so the plucky young underdog has to train up to take down the rich-snobby-ass-kicking-yuppie(??)...

Umm... WHAT? When I think of rich California parties, I just can't picture getting the UFC thrill in the middle of one.  

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 12:10pm

This is one of the goofiest movies of the year! The entire story was implausable, and lead Sean Faris was miscast. That being said, the film's not a total wash; the fight scenes were good. This won Best Fight at the MTV Movie Awards -- although they weren't as good as the fights in "The Bourne Ultimatum" or, even, "Jumper", which was also, nominated. And this film does have a sense of humor about itself...

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 4:03pm
Hmm...no wonder Richard Roeper liked this as a campy movie. Looks fun, though.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2008 at 5:35pm
There is kind of a campy feel to this movie -- I was laughing when Sean Faris got his ass handed to him by a much shorter person.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 2:44am

I don't know if this was actually a spoof movie.  This fills the last spot in my Top 5 for Worst Remake/Ripoff: 

1. Disaster Movie
2. Meet the Spartans
3. One Missed Call
4. Bangkok Dangerous
5. Never Back Down

steelsausage View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote steelsausage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2011 at 8:12am
Well should headrazz's amazing cap's post sh*t on all other's, i would post that Sean Faris is the new tom cruise!......can u find another...punk!

get rum up ya!
steelsausage View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote steelsausage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2011 at 8:12am
prick
get rum up ya!
 Post Reply Post Reply