Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > COMPLETE LIST of ELIGIBLE 2008 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Anita Bryant for Worst Supporting Actress

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote thevofl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anita Bryant for Worst Supporting Actress
    Posted: December 28 2008 at 7:32pm

Nominate ANITA BRYANT for Worst Supporting Actress for MILK!!!!

Something similar was done when George Bush played himself in Fahrenheit 9/11. After watching Milk, a lot of repressed memories came back.

PLEASE I BEG THE MEMBERS OF THE RAZZ-ADEMY:

Send a message to the ultra conservatives!

Nominate ANITA BRYANT for Worst Supporting Actress for Milk!!!!

Anita Bryant for Worst Supporting Actress for Milk
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 1:04am
Sorry, we used up all our messages to ultra conservatives with "Fahrenheit 9/11".
thevofl View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote thevofl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2008 at 4:33am
It's been 4 years since Bush won. When Bush won, news organizations gave more prominence to the Razzies. You can get more press for the Razzies by nominating Bryant.

Think of it as being another pie in Anita Bryant's face -- a RAZZ-berry pie, to boot!
Anita Bryant for Worst Supporting Actress for Milk
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 1:27am

Again, sorry man, but I think giving her spray painted gold is 30 years too late. Although your intentions are good, she wasn't the scourge of 2008 movies like the hacks that appear on this year's voting ballot. Is she a miserable human being? Sure. But is she worthy of a Razzie? Not really.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2008 at 1:57am
It might be well to point out that life hasn't exactly been kind to Bryant since her days of anti-gay activism. Her first marriage failed and her career and status as a public figure went into a tailspin. She ended up in bankruptcy and has more or less dropped out of the public eye. She has also issued public apologies expressing her regrets for many of her previous statements and stands on homosexuality. I see little point in dragging her back into the limelight at this point of time and whipping her over stands she took 3 decades ago and for which  she has expressed repentance. Her own preferred book of morality mentions "turning the other cheek" and that might not be bad advice.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2009 at 6:07am

Agreed, now that Bryant has atoned for what she did, there's no need to drag her back into the public light because of her image being used in a period piece movie.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply