Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > VAMPIRES SUCK
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Agree?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Agree?
    Posted: September 01 2010 at 8:35am
Hi, I'm new here. I'm 13, and I'm kinda sick of people getting mad at me on IMDB when I flame a family movie, as "It isnt for your age group"  then when I reveal I'm only 13, they say "Its humor was targeted at adults."  

Anyway, does anyone else suspect that Seltz-Begr isn't even real? They are probably just an alias of others ( A common trick from people like Bruno Mattei or Godfrey Ho) Here are the most likley candidates:  

Jason Freidberg is really Rick Freidberg who directed movies going back to 1980.  

Arron Seltzer is really William T. Naud, who first directed the 1963 movie "Thunder in Dixie" His last movie by that name was "Ricky 1" whitch is supposed to be a spoof of Rocky, a bunch of scenes have nothing to do with rocky. I guess  he liked this format a lot, huh?  
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2010 at 1:13pm
It's a conspiracy!  

But, no, I think maybe you're too paranoid... 
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2010 at 5:46pm

I agree with mwg on this one.  Seltzerberg have no shame, and they proudly (and loudly) take credit for their crud.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 11:34am
Nah, Seltzer-Berg take full credit for their s***. In their twisted little world, they think their s*** is as funny and clever as "Airplane!" and the "Naked Gun" and "Hot Shots!" movies. But...no. No they are not!  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
aqua mailman View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 3:30pm
Well, they never do any interviews or appear on DVD extras -- not exactly what I call "taking credit." 

Probably the best example of my theory is from 1991: Apparently there was an explosion in a warehouse that caused a huge fire in Hong Kong. The story gained more signifigence  because, apparently, Hong Kong director Tomas Tang was killed in the blaze, and funeral services were even held for him. One plot hole: Tomas Tang never accually existed. That was just one of the many names of the infamous Godfrey Ho. Ho wasn't killed, as he continued to make movies through the 90s, and owns a film school now. 

Just goes to show you how far some people will go to hide their true identities!  
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2010 at 6:03pm
So he faked the death of a man who didn't even exist, just to cover up...nothing?!?
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Spt. 12: Dolphin Tale 2, Search Party. Spt. 19: The Maze Runner.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2010 at 1:53am
Aaron Seltzer and Jason Friedberg have never done any interviews?  Oh, yes they did.  Check out 2 min. 25 seconds into it when Selzterberg checks out the messages on their iMDB webpage.

Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2010 at 4:02am
That isnt really them (though I'll admit, that series is funny)... 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2010 at 8:06am
Given how bad Seltzer-Berg's writing is, would you really want them talking during their movies? They probably wouldn't have much to say, other than "We're so good, we even impress ourselves!" and "You know, that s*** is funny!"...  
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2010 at 4:50pm
It's funny because it's so true. My favorite take on them is when they smoke a bunch a weed and then write a list of movies they will "parody". I'm pretty sure that's what their real "creative" process is like.  
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2010 at 8:05pm
Here is my latest theory(Previosly posted on IMDB, by me)
This is my latest theory regarding this movies existance: Some sick plot is holding William T. Naud and Rick friedberg hostage, changing their names, and are forced to direct movies.They are trapped in some kind of Quagmire of Revulsion, the kind described on the canadian VHS box for the film "Zaat." But I see a code: Disaster Movie means that it will be a disaster, and they are telling us not to see it. Vampires Suck sucks, and we should not see it! Im pretty sure that Epic Movie spawned the term "Epic Fail." These two are forced into this Quagmire of Revulsion until their movies become unprofitable. Whether or not they will be set free or killed is uncertain.We do know that they will then pick a new horrible comedey writer or two to fill their spots. I am not sure who this will be, but Ill say one thing: Dane Cook better watch his back!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 7:53am
You're really reading too much into it, aqua. Seltzerberg is just a pair of hack writers/directors with no talent who rode the coattails of the Wayan Brothers for as long as they could and now make their own s***. They take credit for their s***, but just don't want to be seen on screen. I don't blame them, because if I made the s*** that they did, I would be worried of people spotting me in public and attacking me for wasting 90 minutes of their lives, too.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 8:37am
No sense in reasoning with him, BHB.  He took a fact, that they did an interview, and dismissed it by lying to himself that it wasn't them.  The fact is, it was them and you can Google their pictures to prove it if you must.  You can't reason with a person who prefers the lies in his head over facts.
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote aqua mailman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2010 at 5:51pm
Jeez, I was only joking! But seriously, that is not them in the YouTube video, I looked at the channel, and they say that it is a series of spoof videos they made. Ive been a fan of theirs for a while!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2010 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by aqua mailman

Jeez, I was only joking! But seriously, that is not them in the YouTube video, I looked at the channel, and they say that it is a series of spoof videos they made. Ive been a fan of theirs for a while!
Yeah, it's not them, but still, they are not some kind of Alan Smithe identity to hide behind. They're just hacks who got lucky.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2012 at 6:23am
Originally posted by aqua mailman

Well, they never do any interviews or appear on DVD extras
Don't ask me why, but I re-watched MEET THE SPARTANS with audio commentary... and they were there.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply