Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > 2009 MOVIE DISCUSSIONS, in ALPHA ORDER: 2012
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Apocalypse...HOW?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote specagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apocalypse...HOW?!?
    Posted: March 07 2010 at 9:02am
I AGREE AND WHAT GETS ME IS ALL THESE FAKE CRITICS ON HERE BAD MOUTHING THE MOVIE AND THE DIRECTORS BUT CONSIDER THIS: THEY WENT TO SEE IT! I HEAR ONE GUY RAGGING ON "ALL" MICHAEL BAY FILMS AND YET IN EFFECT, HE CONTINUES TO GO SEE MICHAEL BAY FILMS!! THESE FAKE CRITICS DONT KNOW DIDDLY!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 9:05am
Ah, specagent1. First, take your caps lock off. Second, professional critics are paid to suffer through Michael Bay movies. Third, I don't pay to see Bay's s***. Fourth, when I do watch Bay's s***, it's to mock it.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
specagent1 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote specagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 9:07am
YOU SEEM TO HAVE A LOT OF ANGER, ARE YOU A PROFFESIONAL CRITIC ORARE YOU A FAKE COUCH POTATO, SIT IN THE HOUSE SOAP OPERA WANNA BE CRITIC?
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote specagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 9:09am
NAA, I LIKE MY CAPS ON, ITS A FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION THING, SECOND AR YOU  PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OR DID YOU WORK FOR A FEW HOLLYWOOD DIRECTORS AND GET FIRED SO NOW YOU'RE DISGRUNTLED?
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote specagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 9:15am
NOW JUST FOR THE RECORD, I WAS REFERRING TO ANOTHET CHARACTER ON HERE THAT HATES MICHEL BAY FILMS BUT I SEEM TO HAVE STRUCK GOLD IN WHICH THERE WILL PROBABLY BE MORE MICHAEL BAY HATERZ OOZING OUT OF THE WOODWORK QUITE SHORTLY. NOW YOU SAY YOU DONT PAY TO SEE MICHAEL BAY **** UT YOU WATCH HIS **** TO MOCK IT....DO THEY SEND YOU FREE MOVIES? YOU STEAL EM? WORK AT THE STUDIO? GO IN THE THEATRE AND RECORD EM WIT A CAMCORDER THEN BOOTLEG EM? (I LIKE THE LATTER)
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 9:24am
And yet I'm the one full of hate? Should have known better, don't feed the troll.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote specagent1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 10:25am
UMM I'M SORRY, WHO RESPONDED TO WHOM AGAIN? AS I RECALL I WAS RESPONDING TO SOMEONE ELSES POST WHEN I WAS ACCOSTED BY UUHHH...YOU?? YOU'RE RIGHT, BUT ITS MORE LIKE DON'T FEED THE GREMLINS.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 2:14pm
The movie is so good and so bad at the same time:
1)It entertains anyone who's into action movies,it has great special effects,funny moments,and you feel bad for any character who dies,even the mean ones.
2)The final scene,where we don't know if JACKSON will come out,and then does,is one of many cliches we see in the movie.Also,we barely hear'bout the Mayans,like if that concept was just an excuse to make a disaster movie.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2010 at 3:46pm
Along with Revenge of the Fallen, New Moon, and Angels & Demons, this movie would run up for Worst Movie Everyone Saw for 2009 if there was such a penalty. The criteria: Commercial success and critical failure. I made a list of the worst films of 2009 (credits to the RAZZIES for submitting the titles) and 2012 was ranked as the 40th worst.

I also questioned how The Day After Tomorrow evaded the 2004 RAZZIES. Like that movie, this one got parodied in an episode of South Park (production code #1314).

As for the 2012 conspiracy itself, I still thinkit's nothing to fear.

If I've said any of this before, I don't remember saying so.

YON JUU BAN
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 2:22pm
I just reviewed this movie in Rotten Tomatoes.Please vote:

www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/reviews/view.php?type=2&id=1205696
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 4:41pm
I updated my review.Now's a different link:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/reviews/?movie=770795544
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 2:34pm
I just rewatched it and I changed my mind.I give this 7/10.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2012 at 8:15pm
Time to finish off ABMMW.

The good:

John Cusack: Cusack is decent here as Jackson Curtis, the only guy whose name alludes to both Jesus and 50 Cent.

The special effects: The special effects for this was great! How did this not get a Best Special Effects nod?

Woody Harrelson: Harrelson was awesome here as a loony nut who turns out to be right. Granted, it's not as good as his performance in Zombieland, but that's a pretty good performance.

The bad:

Borderline sadistic kills: Several of the kills in the move border on sadism: The three in particular are the deaths of Sasha, Tamara, and especially Gordon. Gordon's death became somewhat of a catchphrase in my house for inglorious deaths.

Noah: If any aspiring disaster movie writers are reading this, take this note: don't put annoying children in them! The only person who seems to understand this is Michael Bay and when Michael Bay understands something positive better than you, that's gotta suck!

Amanda Peet: Amanda Peet annoys me. She can't act and she's not that great to look at.

The awesomely bad:

Roland Emmerich: Man, Emmerich knows how to make destruction! Watching this movie in a theater is one of the funnest moments in my moviewatching career.

Oliver Platt: Platt's character is supposed to be the villain, but, due to piss-poor writing, he makes the most sense of anyone in the movie. Platt seemed to notice this and acts accordingly.

I got extra-credit: Back in High School, one of my teachers gave us extra credit if we saw a movie that he was interested in and wrote an essay about. This movie was one of them.

Well, that's it for ABMMW. Reviews for Abduction, New Year's Eve, Shark Night 3D, and a mystery review in the "Forum member reviews" section. Grade: B
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345