Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > P.S. I LOVE YOU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Attention: DEAD LETTERS OFFICE...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attention: DEAD LETTERS OFFICE...
    Posted: April 02 2011 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Vits

This is my favorite romantic drama...and I'm a guy!
Scrath that.I just re-saw it and gave it 6/10.Review coming tomorrow.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 11:34am
"P.S. I" JUST LIKE "YOU".LET'S BE FRIENDS(***/*****):

Spoilers ahead!

I feel ashamed that,as a man,I liked this.HOLLY may be a woman who goes from cute to annoying in a blink but Hilary Swank performs with grace and makes us care for her.

It takes the "characters say everything on their minds" method but without James L. Brooks's sitcom approach.It's the kind of movie we need once a year(not more nor less):a light romantic drama that remind us it's OK to associate love with the cheesy.

So what is the problem with this movie?It still has the modern James L. Brooks...I don't know how to call it,but it's like a date when your date is constantly trying to be liked with jokes,at times funny and at times forced.

Well,we all know that is OK to grieve for a while and then move on,and that is said in the movie,but not enough times.GERRY's words are charming and HOLLY enjoys them so much we end up rooting for her to keep getting letters and ignore the others.In other words,ignore her family and friends and not move on with her life.And the flashbacks are cute too and they support this issue.During the last 1/3 of the movie when she finally realizes she has to move on I felt an urge to yell"What?!No!Why?!" at the screen.

The movie is too long.I felt the entire story was the U.S. scenes,and then they added at the middle the Ireland scenes from another movie,and it ends up feeling like a 3-part mini-series.

Some ideas may sound good,but that doesn't mean they are.It's true that you can like someone and then the feelings can go away after kissing.But leading us on to believe she was gonna end up with DANIEL was just cruel,specially since the leading on lasts the entire movie.I enjoy twists like everyone,just as long I feel surprised,not cheated.It's odd they tried to do that to seem smart,and yet end things with cliches.I mean,seriously?She'll end up with a guy at the same time her mom will end up with his dad?And they think we'll buy that she'd prefer the guy with whom she had nothing more than a physical connection,and she most likely sees him as GERRY 2.0?

Grades: C+ in the U.S. and 5,0 in Chile.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12