Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of Specific 2014 Titles > MEMBER STARTED FORUMS on 2014 Titles
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BACK IN THE DAY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MoonMetropolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BACK IN THE DAY
    Posted: February 07 2014 at 4:07am
MEMBER STARTED FORUM 

SPORTING A BLAZING 7 OUT OF 100 ON METACRITIC AND STARRING RAZZIE FAVORITE NICK SWARDSON (JACK AND JILL, BUCKY LARSON, GROAN UPS 2), BACK IN THE DAY IS THE LATEST GENERIC SEX COMEDY TO BE DUMPED INTO LIMITED RELEASE WITHOUT NOTICE - A FATE IT SURELY DESERVES.  ONE SHOULDN'T EXPECT THE RAZZIE COMMITTEE TO TAKE NOTE OF A FILM THAT WAS D.O.A. AND DESTINED TO LANGUISH IN BARGAIN BINS, BUT THIS ACTUALLY DOESN'T LOOK TO BE THAT MUCH WORSE THAN SOME OF THE MORONIC FRAT BOY-TARGETED COMEDIES THAT GET MAJOR RELEASE - WHICH IS A PRETTY SAD STATEMENT ITSELF.

GET TIED UP AND WHIPPED OR SIT THROUGH BACK IN THE DAY?  THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT MIGHT BE A TOUGH DECISION TO MAKE!
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2014 at 6:32am
Maybe.

Nick Swardson does deserve a Razzie at some point.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2014 at 2:30pm
Whoa! This movie came out of nowhere! Well, I never saw SMALLVILLE, so it's not like I would've been eager to hear that Michael Rosenbaum would debut as a script writer and director anyway. And since SORORITY BOYS is a terrible movie, I wouldn't have been eager to hear that he was reunited with Harland Williams. The movie has a big ensemble, but except for Emmy and Vits Award nominee Morena Baccarin, none of them are big stars.

Oiram, you're right that Swardson deserves a Razzie. But that will depend on how many people see this movie, as well as BODY HIGH and HELL & BACK.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2014 at 2:31pm
Looks like it'll stay at 10% on R.T. without a concensus.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2014 at 6:12pm
Michael also voiced The Flash in the Justice League cartoon.

Originally posted by Vits

Whoa! This movie came out of nowhere! Well, I never saw SMALLVILLE, so it's not like I would've been eager to hear that Michael Rosenbaum would debut as a script writer and director anyway.

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 9:15am
This movie is so under-the-radar, Box Office Mojo has no page for its box office receipts.

Here's the Rotten Tomatoes page for Back in the Day.  Its rating is currently 11% rotten after 9 reviews.

Here's the Metacritic page for Back in the Day.  It still has a 7 out of 100 with 5 reviews.  Neil Genzlinger of the New York Times is quoted as writing: "There are a lot of odious movies yet to come in 2014, no doubt, but they’ll have to work to beat Back in the Day for awfulness."

Depending on how Body High and Hell & Back do, we may come back to this one as yet another multiple nomination for Swardson.

BTW, IMDb says Body High was supposed to be released 20 Apr 2014, but there's nothing on that movie - nothing on Box Office Mojo, nothing on Rotten Tomatoes, nothing even on Netflix.  There haven't been any new posts about the movie on its Facebook page even.  Not a good sign. . . .

Post Reply Post Reply