Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > WHATCHA THINK of OUR 30th Annual NOMz & "Winners"???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BACK-TALK on OUR 30th ANNUAL NOMz & "WINNERS"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>
Author
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WakeUpStupid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BACK-TALK on OUR 30th ANNUAL NOMz & "WINNERS"
    Posted: February 01 2010 at 7:10pm
The people who run this site are turds. Angry
ShariG View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ShariG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 7:29pm
I completely disagree about Robert Pattinson.  First, I don't think of him as a supporting actor in New Moon.  He is the face of the franchise and the primary reason that New Moon is second only to Avatar this past year in box office dollars.  Hollywood, take note, the theaters were filled with women of all ages not just teens and preteens and we were not there to supervise our daughters.  We were there because Robert Pattinson is mesmerizing on the screen and his onscreen chemistry with Kristen Stewart something romantic dreams are made of.  I might agree about the screenwriter who took a beautiful love story from Twilight and turned it into the Jacob Black story in New Moon.  However, if any actor in the series deserved a Razzie it would be Taylor Lautner not Rob Pattinson.  Taylor may have beefed up his body for the role, but he apparently did not go to acting school.  His lines were stilted, his voice grating, and he had absolutely no chemistry with Kristen Stewart.  Robert Pattinson took a cartoonish character and made him believable.  Robert and Kristen have incredible screen chemistry, so again, that nomiination is way out in left field.  I think sometimes your organization picks a very popular film so that people actually pay money to join in order to vote for something or someone else so that their favorite does not win this nasty award.  I am personally insulted that you would take an actor that I believe has more potential to become a superstar than anyone else of his generation and suggest that he was one of the worst of the year.  You are out of your collective minds.
ShariG63
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 7:29pm
Yes, if I had my way, "Chung-Li" and "Dragonball" would have also been all over that nods list as well, but apparentally razzing Will Ferrell and Sandra Bullock is too tempting an offer for most Razzie voters.

But wow, we must have pissed off a ton of "Transformers", "GI Joe", "Jonas Bros.", and "Twilight" fans (which by the way, was NOT the second highest grossing movie of 2009 behind "Avatar", "Trannies 2" was), because we have new posters coming out of the wood work, each giving us a piece of their mind. Although, it seems some of them don't have much of a mind to give, like this one head case who took it apond himself to write over 30 of the most uncalled for, immature, and pointless spam posts he could "think" of. Seriously, who is the bigger loser, the people behind the Razzie Awards, or those who hate the Razzies, but take their time to repeatly insult them? Yeah, you sure showed us!
conspiracy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote conspiracy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 8:32pm
Megan Fox...THE walking symbol of whats wrong in Hollywood...and probably society at large. This is what you get when someone is hired based on their ability to wash the directors Ferrari and look "hot" in a Thong;  instead of being hired based on the quality of their acting. Hey..I don't blame this bimbo...she just grabbed the brass ring hanging from Bays appendage as she lathered up that 360 Modena, I blame the uncritical public who just wants to see crap blow up. Sad...friggin sad.

Praise Bale
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 9:03pm

If it were up to me, All About Steve would win for Worst Picture, and the other four Worst Picture nominees would receive even distribution in the other 8 categories. I predict, however, that Revenge of the Fallen will sweep the penalties, taking home all 7 categories it was nominated for. It's only such a bad movie because it sets a new low for best-sellers.

I hope the admins will be here soon to sort things out on this forum.
ShariG View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ShariG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 9:13pm
Speaking of the Ugly Truth, what about Katherine Heigl.  Now that is some ugly overacting.
ShariG63
augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by ShariG

I completely disagree about Robert Pattinson.  First, I don't think of him as a supporting actor in New Moon.  He is the face of the franchise and the primary reason that New Moon is second only to Avatar this past year in box office dollars.  Hollywood, take note, the theaters were filled with women of all ages not just teens and preteens and we were not there to supervise our daughters.  We were there because Robert Pattinson is mesmerizing on the screen and his onscreen chemistry with Kristen Stewart something romantic dreams are made of.  I might agree about the screenwriter who took a beautiful love story from Twilight and turned it into the Jacob Black story in New Moon.  However, if any actor in the series deserved a Razzie it would be Taylor Lautner not Rob Pattinson.  Taylor may have beefed up his body for the role, but he apparently did not go to acting school.  His lines were stilted, his voice grating, and he had absolutely no chemistry with Kristen Stewart.  Robert Pattinson took a cartoonish character and made him believable.  Robert and Kristen have incredible screen chemistry, so again, that nomiination is way out in left field.  I think sometimes your organization picks a very popular film so that people actually pay money to join in order to vote for something or someone else so that their favorite does not win this nasty award.  I am personally insulted that you would take an actor that I believe has more potential to become a superstar than anyone else of his generation and suggest that he was one of the worst of the year.  You are out of your collective minds.
I'm not sure if I agree about everything you are saying about New Moon's nominations, but I DO agree on Taylor Lautner's absence in this year's Razzies. As I said before, Lautner's performance embodied everything wrong about that film, and his interactions with Kristen Stewart felt more like Blue Lagoon than the actual book.
augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Berrynoia

I looked at Rotten Tomatoes's Moldy Tomatoes section and noticed that the two Moldiest only have a combined 1 nomination.

#1 Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li has no nominations whatsoever.
#2 Miss March only has the nod for Hefner.
#4 Whiteout has zero nods

Now #3 and #5 (Old Dogs and All About Steve) have a combined 9 nominations, but the other Top 10 worst reviews are lacking (#6-10 have no nods).  This includes Draggin Balls Evolution, a prime example of Hollywood butchering anime shows.

The three that should have received more attention were Miss March, SF Chun Li, and DBE.  Moreso than Trannies, think (Trannies 2 wasn't bashed as badly as the others, and many people say they like it...probably for the wrong reasons...)
I agree with your opinions about Chun-Li (especially Chris Klein's absence in the Worst Supporting Actor category) and Miss March (NO!!!! WHY DIDN'T IT GET NOMINATED!!). Granted, I'm not going to call everyone "turds" for their lack of nominations (aka: WakeUpStupid), but it's too bad that the Razzie voters didn't get to fully appreciate how AWFUL these two movies were.
MacViolinist View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote MacViolinist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 10:37pm
New poster here. I actually don't watch very many movies. And looking at the list of stuff put out in the last year reminds me of why. The only two movies I saw in the theater in 2009 were Transformers 2 and Avatar. And tranny too was only because my girlfriend is obsessed with transformers, and I basically had no choice, even suspecting that it was going to be f***tastically bad.

Anyway, in light of that, I was kind of hoping to see the following:

Worst Picture: Trannies 2

Worst Actor: Shia Le Bouf

Worst Actress: Meghan Fox

Worst Supporting Actor: Optimus Prime

Worst Supporting Actress: The mom from Trannies 2

Worst Onscreen Couple: StarScream and Megatron

Worst Sequel/Remake: Trannies 2

Worst Director: Michael Bay

Worst Screenplay: Michael Bay's Mother's Left Nut.
augusta87 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote augusta87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 10:38pm

By the way, I know most people get on to moviewizguy for his hyper-positive reviews on....well....almost everything, but at least he (along with everyone else on this forum) doesn't waste their time by talking trash to everyone like WakeUpStupid. Which brings up a question: When you were looking for a forum to radomnly act like a moron, why pick the Razzies? Obviously, you have WAY too much free time!

Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 10:52pm
Did Channing Tatum get any write in votes for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra? For me his lack of a nomination here was a HUGE snub. For what it's worth, those who are Razzie nominated for this film (Sienna Miller and Marlon Wayans) were MUCH better than Tatum
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
Anuss View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by ShariG

Speaking of the Ugly Truth, what about Katherine Heigl.  Now that is some ugly overacting.

She has nomination for Glden Satelite. How can you imagine her nomination also for Razzie's?

ShariG View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ShariG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2010 at 11:59pm
Primarily because I think Heigl was one of the year's worst.  She overacts in everything she does, in my opinion.  Gerard Butler was mentioned in an earlier post and I think he was actually a bit better than she was in this movie.
ShariG63
dkla View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dkla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 12:45am
I was kinda surprised that Gerard Butler was not on the list... didn't he have THREE stinkers last year?

Was also surprised that Year One didn't get any Razzie Buzz ("RazzBuzz?").  It was truly unwatchable.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 5:04am
Originally posted by conspiracy

Megan Fox...THE walking symbol of whats wrong in Hollywood...and probably society at large. This is what you get when someone is hired based on their ability to wash the directors Ferrari and look "hot" in a Thong;  instead of being hired based on the quality of their acting. Hey..I don't blame this bimbo...she just grabbed the brass ring hanging from Bays appendage as she lathered up that 360 Modena, I blame the uncritical public who just wants to see crap blow up. Sad...friggin sad.
You speak the truth, my friend. And that is why Fox and "Trannies 2" is going to be razzed.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2010 at 5:05am
Originally posted by MacViolinist

New poster here. I actually don't watch very many movies. And looking at the list of stuff put out in the last year reminds me of why. The only two movies I saw in the theater in 2009 were Transformers 2 and Avatar. And tranny too was only because my girlfriend is obsessed with transformers, and I basically had no choice, even suspecting that it was going to be f***tastically bad.

Anyway, in light of that, I was kind of hoping to see the following:

Worst Picture: Trannies 2

Worst Actor: Shia Le Bouf

Worst Actress: Meghan Fox

Worst Supporting Actor: Optimus Prime

Worst Supporting Actress: The mom from Trannies 2

Worst Onscreen Couple: StarScream and Megatron

Worst Sequel/Remake: Trannies 2

Worst Director: Michael Bay

Worst Screenplay: Michael Bay's Mother's Left Nut.
Well, that's pretty much seeing the best and worst of 2009. Yeah, "Trannies 2" has a great chance of sweeping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 19>