Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2011 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BAD TEACHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAD TEACHER
    Posted: July 04 2011 at 9:24pm
Alright, considering how Bad Teacher received 47% on Metacritic and 44% on R.T, I think it's time I started a forum for our members.  

Take it away, ya Razzheads!
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 8:57am
It's not the 1990s any more, and there are hotter actresses than Cameron Diaz these days. However, no matter who stars in this movie, it's still just a direct to DVD quality movie that some how got a theater release.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 4:08pm
It was directed by Jake Kashan, doesn't smell like direct to DVD material to me. 
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2011 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by whatsthepoint

It was directed by Jake Kashan, doesn't smell like direct to DVD material to me.
The material seems direct to DVD to me. The director just had bad luck with getting stuck with the project.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 8:28pm
I just saw it...  

While it wasn't a great movie, it was somewhat better than I was expecting...
goldiewin View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote goldiewin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 3:57am
Is this the sign of a new generation of teachers??  
msmeliss View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote msmeliss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 7:43am
I saw the movie. It wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. It was funny for me though, I had good laugh. I think Cameron Diaz is a funny actress.
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 11:57am
Like who?  Ermm Jessica Alba? Megan Fox? Olivia Wilde? Do you think ANY of them could open a movie at $31MIL+? The answer would be NO, Michaels (that also goes for Julia Roberts at this point)...  

Originally posted by Michaels

It's not the 1990s any more, and there are hotter actresses than Cameron Diaz these days.

FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Johnny Depp (X2), Kevin Costner (X3), Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Seth MacFartlane, Sandler (X3), Rob Reiner, Dan Aykroyd (X2), and YES Diane Keaton!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 2:14pm
By "hot" you mean "sexy" or "popular"?I've got the feeling you guys are talking about different things.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 5:29pm
The good:

Justin Timberlake: Timberlake's shown himself to be an admirable actor. He's one of the few bright-spots here.

Jason Segal: Segal's pretty funny, but his role is under-written. Hopefully, The muppets will be a better fit.

The bad:

Cameron Diaz: She's not very good at acting and she looks like Jack Nicholsen as the Joker.

Lucy Punch: She's been in a lot of not-so-good movies lately (i.e. Dinner For Schmucks, Take Me Home Tonight) and this is no different. I list her here mainly because she reminds me of this dentist who I used to have who treated me like I was five. I should mention that I had a mustache at the time. The point being, she annoyed me.

The ugly:

The "edgyness": For a movie that wants to be Bad Santa with boobs, this is pretty tame. With a movie like this, you have to make the character somewhat sympathetic while ratcheting up the darkness. Here, it lays flat, as the movie doesn't want to make people too uncomfortable.

Grade: C+

Next-up: Beastly

Also, I'll be updating my worst of the year picks to have more picks so people will get the gist of what I think was terrible.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 5:39pm
Oh good! I'm glad I'm not the only who's noticed that Miss Diaz's mouth/smile has grown to a freakishly large size over the past few years. It has become quite the turn off ... along with her relationship with A-Roids...er, I mean A-Rod.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Cameron Diaz: She's not very good at acting and she looks like Jack Nicholsen as the Joker.

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
J.D. Stutts View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote J.D. Stutts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2011 at 2:55pm
The fact that you thought Justin Timber(weak)link was better than both Cameron Diaz AND esp. Lucy Punch in Bad Teacher makes me question your credibility (your hatred of Schumacher notwithstanding). And if you think Ms. Diaz is hard to look at and no good at acting, you must REALLY hate Julia Roberts, who was her usual dead-fish self in Larry Crowne...

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The good:

Justin Timberlake: Timberlake's shown himself to be an admirable actor. He's one of the few bright-spots here.

The bad:

Lucy Punch: She's been in a lot of not-so-good movies lately (i.e. Dinner For Schmucks, Take Me Home Tonight) and this is no different. 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 6:15pm
Julia Roberts makes Cameron Diaz look like Amy Adams, in terms of acting AND looks. Her Oscar win was a sham: Joan Allen, Juliette Binoche, Ellen Burstyn, and Laura Linney gave better performances than her.

Also, judging from your opinion of Justin Timberlake, I'm pretty sure that you haven't seen Alpha Dog. Say what you will about the movie, but Timberlake was great in it. He was the lone bright spots in such afronts-to-God such as The Love Guru and Southland Tales, which I'll get to on Tuesday. Also, he's one of the few singers today who doesn't make me wish an air-plane engine from the future would fall on me when I listen to him.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 6:49pm
1)You don't like Amy Adams?
2)Let's not forget SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.And THE SOCIAL NETWORK.Well,the latter wasn't a great performance,but it's a good example he's not just another musician turned actor that sucks but continues to act for the wrong reasons.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 7:04pm
I meant that Julia Roberts (unattractive and untalented) makes Cameron Diaz (slightly less unattractive and untalented) look like Amy Adams (beautiful and talented).

I forgot about him in The Social Network. I choose Alpha Dog because that was his first movie that I saw. I, also, forgot to mention that he did a good Boo-Boo impression in Yogi Bear.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 6:36pm
Justin Timberlake will forever be the little kid from NSYNC to me, but I must admit, he has become quite the good actor over the years. And Cameron Diaz is not hot any more. Amy Adams could have easily played this role. Anyone who says she can't act and can't play sexy after seeing "The Fighter" has lost yheir mind!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>