Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > MEMBER-STARTED FORUMS on 2013 TITLES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BEAUTIFUL CREATURES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEAUTIFUL CREATURES
    Posted: February 07 2013 at 5:25pm
MEMBER-STARTED FORUM DISCUSSION  

With the Twilight franchise (hopefully) dead, there are sure to be many attempts to make the next “big horror fantasy romance” film. 2011 gave us three of them: First came I Am Number Four (about aliens) then Beastly (a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast) and finally, there came Red Riding Hood (which wanted to be up there with films like The Company of Wolves, Freeway, and Hard Candy, but instead came off as pretentiously silly) but still not as bad as the Red Riding Hood with N’Sync’s Joey Fatone as the Wolf (I’m not kidding, look it up.)

This year, however, we already got something similar to those movies, except it is actually good: The zombie movie Warm Bodies. Does that give us reason to expect today’s topic, Beautiful Creatures will be any good?... Not really! Other than being about witches, wizards, and warlocks (and having a creature who's female instead of male) it still looks like the same **** we’ve seen before. The cast of this movie either have had promising careers, then just sank into semi-obscurity (Emma Thompson, Jeremy Irons), happen to be pretty big at the moment (Viola Davis), have never been good (Emmy Rossum, Thomas Mann), or are "newbies" (The main leads) It is very possible that at least one of these actors could wind up RAZZed from this project. 

Do any of you agree?  

Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2013 at 8:04pm
To be fair, 2 of the examples you mentioned were fairy tale adaptations(a sub-genre that has been pretty bad lately). That being said, I do think this will suck. Not because it's a Horror/Fantasy Romance based on a book, but because it's a Horror/Fantasy Romance based on a series of books. Even if this isn't  full of cheezy dialogue, it will still be 2 hours of setting up an incomplete story, that will then be continued in as many sequels as possible.  
Originally posted by oiram

people who have never been good (Emmy Rossum

Shocked
Originally posted by oiram

It is very possible that at least one of these names is coming out Razzied from this project. Do any of you agree?

I'd say Viola Davis. She followed up an Oscar-nominated performance with 2 critical flops, and now this. 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 4:20am
Well okay, Emmy Rossum was in Mystic River, but have you seen the movies she's been in recently?

And Viola Davis is also going to be in Ender's Game.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 8:02am
Are you saying that Rossum is a bad actress -- or that she's bad at choosing movie projects?
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2013 at 8:36am
I'm not a fan of Rossum, so you could say I think she's a bad actress...  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2013 at 12:18pm
It's R.T. rating started off at 40%. 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2013 at 7:24pm
R.T. Rating:45-50%.Consensus: "Charming romantic leads and esteemed supporting cast aside, this is a plodding Y.A. novel adaptation that feels watered down for the TWILIGHT set". 

Ironic, since the TWILIGHT got the same rating

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 2:13pm
I just saw it. For your consideration:
-Worst Actor for Alden Ehrenrich.
-Worst Actress for Alice Englert.
-Worst Supp. Actor for Thomas Mann (also for HANSEL & GRETEL).
-Worst Supp. Actress for Viola Davis (not for Emmy Rossum nor Emma Thompson).
-Worst New Star for both Ehrenrich and Englert.
-Worst Music Score.

Oh, and maybe Worst Couple (the 2 leads) and Worst Ensemble. But not Worst Picture.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 2:46pm
Hey VITS, how about Worst Supporting Actor for Jeremy Irons? He could be co-nominated with his son Max Irons, who was in The Host.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 5:52pm
Every actor in this movie was over-the-top. Some were good; some were bad. To me, Irons was right in the middle.
kelemenmarc View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote kelemenmarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 7:44am
I have seen this movie, and thought it was not bad enough to call "Razzie-worthy."   

The only person I would recommend for Razzie consideration is Jeremy Irons. He was God-awful!  

FYC:
Worst Supporting Actor: Jeremy Irons 

FYC:
Worst Movie: The Bounty Hunter
Worst Actor: Johnny Depp (Alice in Wonderland / The Tourist)
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2013 at 12:08pm
Been a while since you've been on the forums. You should probably think about changing your sign-off below your posts, since it is kind of out of date.

PS: Jeremy's son, Max Irons, costarred in The Host this year. Wouldn't it be funny if father and son were both nominated in the same category?

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2014 at 9:33am
My comments:

Post Reply Post Reply