Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > POLLS & DISCUSSIONS of OUR 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES > FORUM DISCUSSIONS of POSSIBLE 2013 RAZZIE® CHOICES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest RAZZIE "Snub" of 2013?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote travis112096 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Biggest RAZZIE "Snub" of 2013?
    Posted: December 26 2013 at 6:59pm
The 2013 Razzie Nominating Ballot just came out, and I thought there were some snubs...
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2013 at 6:28am
Such as?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2013 at 8:52am
RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As I grow tired of having to reiterate year after year, there is only so much room on our Nominating Ballot, and there's alwaze so much material to choose from -- There is simply not room to include every lousy movie or performance. My system for compiling what does make the Nominating Ballot is a careful cross-referencing of the following factors:

1) Critical Response (Basically, a film's TomatoMeter rating)

2) Box Office results (What it cost against what it lost)

3) What I call "RAZZIE® Pedigree" -- Do the people involved in making it have a history with our awards?

...and a fairly recently added factor:

4) Were our Forum members interested enough in the film's lack of merit to discuss it at length??

Not that I think this year's Nominating Ballot needs defending but, having chosen the titles and "talent" listed on it by considering all 4 factors mentioned above, I stand by my choices...

...and besides, as I also seem to have to point out each year, we do allow for anyone who feels strongly enough that we've overlooked someone's "achievement" to write in those choices... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2013 at 10:05am
Except in the Worst Screen Combo category.
LOL
Sorry. Seriously, though, I agree with you. That's why I asked Travis. Not so he could rant, just offer his thoughts. Although, starting a thread with a complain without explaining it isn't a very good idea.
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

we do allow for anyone who feels strongly enough that we've overlooked someone's "achievement" to write in those choices...
The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2013 at 6:39am
There are way too many omissions and undeserving choices on the ballot to mention, but explain to me WHY Owen Wilson and Sofia Vergara are cited for their VOICE work- why not Dane Cook (Planes) then? Also, if it's YOUR ballot, how do you "not have enough room", esp. seeing you're charging $30 and up for the "privilege" of voting...
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2013 BY FAR- RZA in GI Joe 2 & Jackie Weaver in Parkland (tie)!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2013 at 8:23am
PLANES didn't make it to the ballots? Damn! Oh, well, it didn't get an official forum, and almost nobody talked about it in the member started forum. And I'm assuming that Wilson is listed for FREE BIRDS but also for THE INTERNSHIP? Those are two movies, which deserves more "Razzie attention".
 Post Reply Post Reply