Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > FINAL DESTINATION 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

B.O. MoJo #s for FINAL DESTINATION 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.O. MoJo #s for FINAL DESTINATION 3-D
    Posted: September 14 2009 at 5:35pm
Well then, you're probably happy that they will most likely make a 5th movie out of it, but let's face it, by the 5th movie, the series is at rock bottom in quality.
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 5:46am
I dunno... I really don't think they can milk much more out of this.
-Iron helps us play-
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 10:07am
Sure they can. There are so many unexplored ideas they can go to because parts 3 and 4 are essentially remakes of the first film. The second is the only film in the series that actually went further into the mythology. I made a thread on IMDb on things that could "reinvigorate" the series:

*Random order: No more "Death's list." Everything is random now so it's suspenseful since you don't know who's going to die next.
*Kill premonitonist off first or early.
*Hire GOOD actors. Maybe cast some well known stars while they're at it. It could be refreshing to see, I don't know, Kate Winslet to be in a movie like this. You know where I'm going at.
*Expand the mythology a bit: The survivors set off a chain of events that saved other people, which adds even more people on the list, so now there are two different lists, but since the order wouldn't matter, random freaky things could happen.
*Find a way to cheat death PERMANENTLY: What was so good about part 2 is that they found a way to cheat death and not get back at them like 5 months later. There's no point in trying to cheat death if there's no way to stop it. One thing I thought of is that, in the end, maybe one or two of the survivors were MEANT to survive the whole time, finally making it a happy ending. It's a good twist too.
*Better death scenes: This chapter in the series severely lacked the ingenuity and originality from the previous three films. Quality, not quantity. Hell, I'll settle with 5 survivors if the deaths for each of them were actually great and memorable.
*Better character development: So if this means shortening the survivors into 5 so you can spend time with them throughout the film, then go for it!
*Kill off the uninteresting characters and keep in the interesting ones longer: This is what this film was bad at. I don't know about you guys but the four main friends were so uninteresting. I would have liked to learn more about the mother with the two kids, the mechanic, and the cowboy (who we see like, what, 4 minutes in the movie).
*To fix the above two problems, an easy way to do that is to expand the running time to at least two hours. Therefore, there can be a lot of survivors and we can learn more about them.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 10:35am
Here is something just brilliant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZeipbmPXrg&feature=chann el_page

It's an alternate take on the opening credits of the film. It's essentially the same thing but the deaths aren't shown in skeletal form. They should have used that instead.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 3:23pm

Yeah, see with the list you gave, that means H-Wood would have to be creative, and H-Wood doesn't like to do that. And GOOD actors cost money, and H-Wood likes to keep things on a budget. And character development in a HORROR movie? Good luck with that.

In other words, just expect another disappointing movie with nothing to offer but unreal deaths ... but, oh wait, that's the ONLY thing these movies do offer.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12