Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

B.O. MoJo #s for GEE, I’M JOE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.O. MoJo #s for GEE, I’M JOE
    Posted: August 09 2009 at 6:48am

Plummeting over 30% from Friday-to-Sunday of its opening weekend (but still topping $55 million in the process) Paramount's G.I. JOE may be the ultimate example of a marketing/media blitz battling word-of-mouth, hoping to bring in big bux before word gets out that the movie sux.

Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to check out the day-by-day drop-off for the first film in what we're sure the studio thought would be their newest franchise... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 1:30pm

And the studio is going around saying how "it set a record for a non-sequel release in August!" Wow, marketing will say anything these days in order to make their  movies sound like blockbusters.

PS: A co-worker of mine warned me that at one point, Dennis Quaid does indeed say "And knowing is half the battle..." Ugh!

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
 Post Reply Post Reply