Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > LAND OF THE LOST
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

B.O. MoJo #s for LAND OF THE LOST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.O. MoJo #s for LAND OF THE LOST
    Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:59pm
Some folks'll never eat a skunk. Then again, some folks'll like Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel.
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 8:48am
Thinking about it... Putting 2 and 2 together, it seems possible that should a live action Simpsons be made in America, Will Ferrell might be a decent Cletus. Although, Hank Azaria would really make more sense... I guess I shouldn't even mention that.
-Iron helps us play-
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:26am
A live action Simpson's movie.... Hank Azaria would make sense as half the cast... Because he is like half the cast....
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 12:37pm
Well, yea, and Harry Shearer and Dan Castellaneta. But I could see Hank actually putting on the proper outfit and making it work. And then the voice would be right. But obviously, a live action Simpsons movie would be terrible. I thought they were supposed to be doing some sort of live action Simpsons thing in England. I guess that must've failed.
-Iron helps us play-
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 5:15pm
Which may be why The Simpsons is better as it is: Animated.
The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 12:07am
I think the Simpsons has to remain animated, because to find that many people with Jaundice that severe would be nigh impossible... unless you were to infect a small town with hepatitis... and then it is no longer entertainment, it's more akin to bio-terrorism...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 8:48am
I was talking with a buddy of mine about the new show, The Goode Family, and how I think it's even better than King of the Hill (Yes, I like King of the Hill, so we work off of that premise for this), and as we were going along... Is there REALLY any reason King of the Hill needed to be animated? It's got to be one of the least cartoony cartoons of all time.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 1:50pm

Originally posted by sportsartist24

Which may be why The Simpsons is better as it is: Animated.

Which is why Japanese Anime is better: not made by H-Wood ... until they get the rights that is.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:24pm

King of the Hill would have probably made a good 7 minute short, as part of a longer block of programing... but as a whole, the show was about as interesting as the sale of propane and propane accessories.

As for Anime, (adding the word "Japanese" is kinda redundant) some of it is really good. Other shows are kinda crap. Dragon Ball and it's many itterations stand in my mind as one of the crappy ones.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 7:45am
Dragon Ball and DBZ were very good shows, and they revolutionized the action movie/tv show. To date, if you can find someone who's more of a badass than Goku was at the end of the series, you'd have to scour the nerd trenches.
But I really think the idea of anime being so much better is perhaps overrated. There's a LOOOOOOT of crap out there, too. Every once in a while, they take a chance, and things work out. Same as here for live action. When Americans do cartoons, there's so VERY rarely any risk involved. I'm sure the Pixar folk are plenty talented at what they do, but really, it's more of American laziness that leads to the detriment of the American cartoon. Billy and Mandy is an awesome show, though, and that's clearly taking some big risks.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:18am

DBZ was a show that revolutionized turning a 15 minute show, into a 60 episode long piece of crap. Each episode furthered the overall plot by about 15 seconds, and the remainder of the episode ended up being people ceaselessly talking aobut how they are more powerful then the others, and then "powering up" which would take no less then 3 episodes, and more often 5 or 6. Not to mention that they would have to recycle scenes from episode to episode to pad things. Yeah, I can see true greatness there... (it should be noted that there is a large amount of sarcasm in that "greatness" statement)

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:31am
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few major producers out there who might disagree with you. I think it's fairly safe to say the Wachowskis have seen an episode.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:40am
Using the Wachowskis to back up your argument? The folks tha tbrought us the second and third Matrix films, as well as that awful Speed Racer? Seriously?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:45am
Aaaand the first Matrix and V for Vendetta, which are usually considered pretty good films by most, who have, in turned, re-revolutioned the action genre. I'd be pretty sure that Russian dude who did Wanted has probably seen some, too.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:54am
2 good movies, do not outweigh three bad movies, not to mention when at least two of those bad movies are Colossally bad... So bad in fact, that the definition of bad had to be revised, to include the sheer awfulness of those films...
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:55am
But what does that have to do with the fact that the good ones are influenced by DBZ, ie, my entire point?
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>