Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 2009 RELEASES > NEXT DAY AIR
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

B.O. MoJo #s on NEXT DAY AIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.O. MoJo #s on NEXT DAY AIR
    Posted: May 11 2009 at 4:20am

Like we said, "What if they showed a movie...and no one was there?" Here's a LINK to B.O. MoJo check out the teeny-tiny numbers for NEXT DAY AIR (you might wanna get out yer microscope)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
CriticalFrank View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:04am
Sadly, 4 mil is higher then I figured it would go... I was counting on this being another one of those 2 mil opening weekends... The type that should really make the studio heads think....
Life's short and hard, like a body-building elf - Bloodhound Gang
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 9:59am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Sadly, 4 mil is higher then I figured it would go... I was counting on this being another one of those 2 mil opening weekends... The type that should really make the studio heads think....

Well, if you notice the pattern that "12 Rounds", "Street Fighter: Chung Li" and "Dragonball", once you make only $4 or $5 million, that means this movie will drop off the box office charts all together next week.

dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2009 at 7:08pm
Battle for Terra only hit 1m. It seems to have done better than Delgo did, at least. I'm still hoping to sneak it in before it's out of the theaters, but as of yet, I haven't seen it.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2009 at 12:34am

I'm sure that Next Day Air will disappear soon enough... I'm sure that this will be on DVD by the end of July.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 3:28am
Ok, this looks like a good enough thread to spring the fact that I finally saw Battle for Terra. I didn't realize it was a 3D movie, which kinda gave me a headache, but otherwise, I thought it was brilliant. Very intelligent movie, very much not for kids. At all. Unless you want to teach your kids about genocide. But for all of the people who said it was too much for kids, too little for adults, I'd say they were dead wrong. If you're an adult who likes cartoons and animation like myself, it was pretty damn good.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 10:30am
If I want to teach my hypothetical children about genocide, I will do it the way people have been doing it for years... I'll let them learn about Religion. Nothing says "Genocide" quite like the Old Testament, which contains multiple genocidal acts. Why bother the children with some silly Movie?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2009 at 7:20pm
When I read the initial reviews for Terra, they said you were supposed to feel a little less sympathetic for the Terrians (I still don't know why they didn't just call them Terrans) because they had a fundamentalist, stifling council of elders. Which would've been a little bit nicer if they'd have stuck with that, but near the end they had to go and ruin it by justifying it. But then, it still seems like this was vaguely meant for children in some strange way, so you've really gotta keep it good guy/bad guy. Also to note: The "bad guy" is really one specific human, not all of them.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 1:55am

Well, there was only one character responsible for the genocides in the Old testament, too...

Personally, I think I will wait until that one hits the DVD rack...

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

When I read the initial reviews for Terra, they said you were supposed to feel a little less sympathetic for the Terrians (I still don't know why they didn't just call them Terrans) because they had a fundamentalist, stifling council of elders. Which would've been a little bit nicer if they'd have stuck with that, but near the end they had to go and ruin it by justifying it. But then, it still seems like this was vaguely meant for children in some strange way, so you've really gotta keep it good guy/bad guy. Also to note: The "bad guy" is really one specific human, not all of them.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 2:21am

Sadly, if your animated movie isn't backed by Disney or Dreamworks, it's doomed to fail. 

Originally posted by dEd Grimley

Ok, this looks like a good enough thread to spring the fact that I finally saw Battle for Terra. I didn't realize it was a 3D movie, which kinda gave me a headache, but otherwise, I thought it was brilliant. Very intelligent movie, very much not for kids. At all. Unless you want to teach your kids about genocide. But for all of the people who said it was too much for kids, too little for adults, I'd say they were dead wrong. If you're an adult who likes cartoons and animation like myself, it was pretty damn good.

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 3:47am
Originally posted by Michaels

Sadly, if your animated movie isn't backed by Disney or Dreamworks, it's doomed to fail. 

Such words of Wisdom... Truly these words carry a profound, almost religious truth to them.

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 8:58am

Originally posted by CriticalFrank

Such words of Wisdom... Truly these words carry a profound, almost religious truth to them.

Well, let's see, all Warner Bros. has is Looney Tunes (Cartoon Network doesn't count, at least with movies). Fox had an anaimtion studio, but it tanked. Universal doesn't have anything, nor does Paramount. So yeah, it's Disney, Dreamworks, or nothing.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 1:10pm
Well, I'm just saying I recommend it in at least some form. The weird thing I just noticed about it - it says it was made in 2007... They've must've been fighting like maniacs to get it released at all.
-Iron helps us play-
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote CriticalFrank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2009 at 2:31pm

Was it one of those Self-funded projects?

Eitherway, the animation had to be better then that damnable "Clone Wars" movie...

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2009 at 12:48am
The animation was certainly above what you'd expect from a movie destined to make no money, at least.
-Iron helps us play-
 Post Reply Post Reply