Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 30th RAZZIES Choices > TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

B.O. MoJo #s on TRANNIES #2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.O. MoJo #s on TRANNIES #2
    Posted: June 29 2009 at 2:30am

Sure, the Grand Total for 5 Daze ($200 million) looks mammoth  -- But look at the day-to-day pattern, and you'll discern that word-of-mouth on TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN must not have been that compelling...

Here's a LINK to the film's B.O. MoJo Daily Grosses page to see exactly what we mean.

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
dEd Grimley View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2009 at 7:17am
Ehhh... I'm still hearing a mixed bag of reactions from people who don't put much stock in the intelligence of film. There are plenty who are saying it was really stupid...but there's still quite a few who are like, "Wow! They blew that thingy up!"
-Iron helps us play-
sportsartist24 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote sportsartist24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2009 at 5:43pm

Second highest-grossing movie ever in its first weekend, behind only The Dark Knight. Difference: The Dark Knight was actually one of the best films ever made, while this was received far more negatively by critics.

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: For exact comparisons, here are LYNX to see the specifics on both titles...

DARK KNIGHT: $203 million in first 5 daze (LINK) and 94% Approval Rating at Rotten Tomatoes (LINK)

TRANNIES, TOO: $200 million in first 5 daze (LINK) and 20% Approval Rating at R.T. (LINK)

It's probably also worth noting that IMDb User Ratings for the two films are totally out-of-whack, with DARK KNIGHT ranked high among The All-Time Top 100, and TRANNIES, TOO getting a mid-range approval (less than 7 out of 10). To see those specifics on IMDb Ratings figures, click on the underlined titles above...

The Mormons were'nt really popular in the beginning, they're now becoming more popular, even in Hollywood.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 3:44am
The problem with IMDB ratings in general is that you really only get an accurate response on movies that don't draw a particularly emotional response from people. It seems like Trannies 2 is going to get a lot of 10s from people who wanna say "fudge ya" to the critics, which I've seen a lot of people saying.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 4:27am

RT is more creditable than IMDb. RT = actual professional critics. IMDb = blindly-loyal fanboys. I'm just hoping the Oscars don't nuke the fridge and have "Trannies 2" be one of those popcorn movies they will add to their now 10 slot Best Picture nods.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:20am
I don't think it will. I'm not hearing anyone walking around talking about TF2, even from those who say they liked it. It really does seem to be fulfilling it's stereotype - It makes a lot of money, and becomes entirely forgettable.
-Iron helps us play-
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2009 at 3:56pm

And I'm not even sure how accurate those opening figures might be; I've long had suspicions that the studios sometimes cook the books for openings if they have doubts about certain blockbusters and pack the premiere audiences with employees to pad it out as much as possible.  If true that may have been the case here. 

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 3:19am

Yes, but I'm hoping us Razzie voters won't forget it, once our ballots appear in the mail.  

"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dEd Grimley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 8:15am
Well, we all know how I feel about Bay... although I still feel that we've made enough Michael Bay jokes. Maybe I'll start with those again around December time.
-Iron helps us play-
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2009 at 1:41pm

Well, if we're going to make Bay jokes, here's a start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT7-Hes1Hlw

It even includes all of Bay's trademarks, down to the 4 second cuts, car chases, and slow motion.

Post Reply Post Reply