Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & INFO on 2013 RAZZIE® TITLES > R.I.P.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedB.O. #s for R.I.P.D.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: B.O. #s for R.I.P.D.
    Posted: July 21 2013 at 11:03am
You may need to set your ZOOM feature for "Gargantuan" to see numbers this tiny: Here's a B.O. MoJo LINK to the Daily Grosses page for "One of 2013's Biggest Box Office Disappointments" (i.e. BOMBS!) the $130 million sci-fi/action fiasco R.I.P.D. 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2013 at 11:07am
UPDATE from Head RAZZberry: This morning's L.A. Times article on weekend grosses drove the proverbial Final Nail into the coffin of this film's chances, with the following remarks: 

“Will R.I.P.D. go down as the biggest flop of the summer? It's hard to make the distinction, given the number of big-budget misfires that have landed in theaters this season. But according to distributor Universal Pictures, the $130-million action-comedy grossed just $12.8 million, only good enough for a seventh-place finish.

Is that worse than the recent $29.2-million launch for the $225-million THE LONE RANGER? Depends on how you slice it. But either way, the opening for R.I.P.D. is bad — especially when you consider that the 3-D film starring Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges lost out to THE CONJURING, a horror film that only cost $20 million to produce.” 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply