Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > DEATH SENTENCE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bringing Home the (DEAD?) Bacon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bringing Home the (DEAD?) Bacon
    Posted: September 03 2007 at 6:35am

FROM the DIRECTOR of DEAD SILENCE and the ORIGINAL SAW and the AUTHOR of DEATH WISH COMES...the 347th CLONE/KNOCK-OFF/RIP-OFF/REMAKE of the 1974 CHARLES BRONSON HIT. AND IT's ONLY ABOUT 15 YEARS AFTER the GENRE PETERED OUT and DIED...

THE ONE UP-SIDE IF WE NOMINATE ITS STAR: THERE WOULD FINALLY BE a RAZZIE® ELEMENT to THAT "THREE DEGREES of KEVIN BACON" GAME...

Bacon: "Are you RAZZin' at me?? I don't see nobody else looking bald-headed and doofy in here..." 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 8:37am

Don't they realize these types of films glorify the type of positions held by the likes of Robert Mugabe and Mullah Omar? 

Still, you can never completely knock Kevin Bacon even when he burns out (Bacon?  Burns?  Fascinating), given that he is one of the few nice guys in Tinseltown, not to mention one of the few mature enough to maintain a happy, long-term relationship. 

Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 11:16am
Not to outdo the HeadRazz, but "Death Sentence" was actually a sequel novel to "Death Wish". That being said, the plot bears no resemblence to the book, but more along the patttern of the original "Death Wish" movie.

You can read the plot outline of the book at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Sentence_%28novel%29

This version might look good as a rental, but I don't know about seeing this in theaters.
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 5:00pm
I watching this as we speak (yes I downloaded it, did you think I was actually going to pay these ridiculous theater prices?) and I'll agree. This focuses more on the vengeance that the father figure goes after rather than the damage that it causes the family (ala In The Bedroom). Perhaps it would have been a better movie if the family had better character development?
"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

http://www.myspace.com/deadguy76
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2007 at 5:12am
Wow, I didn't even know Kevin Bacon had anything coming out, much less being released. Probably should have just stuck to directing his wife in her T.V. Series, At least somebody is bring home the bacon.
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2007 at 7:37am

Ok after finishing this I can say it's not a complete waste of time. There are some decent action sequences and John Goodman steals the show. The always beautiful Aisha Tyler asks some very interesting questions which Kevin Bacon's character should have been asking himself before going into a shooting frenzy with really mean looking guys with tatoos.

I don't know who did the set designs but it was apparently the same person who did the neon graffiti walls in the third and fourth Batman movies. Why is everything so dark? Even in the suburbs everything looks scary. Doesn't anyone know how to turn on the lights?

"Woody Allen, whatever his failings, does not make movies for morons. Most directors do. Of course, most directors are morons."

- Joe Queenan

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2007 at 3:36pm

It looks like Kevin Bacon could be listed for Worst Actor on the Razzie nominating Ballot for this year...

Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 3:35pm
I'm glad to hear that at least John Goodman's good in this. I always liked him (Especially when he works with the Coen brothers). I believe he just won an Emmy as well.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2007 at 4:37pm
The Brave One > Death Sentence
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2007 at 3:42am

Originally posted by moviewizguy

The Brave One > Death Sentence

I can believe that.  I've seen and enjoyed The Brave One.  I'll take your word on the contrast.

deadguy76 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote deadguy76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2007 at 4:43pm
Well at least the soundtrack was good. It was done by Charlie Clouser of Nine Inch Nails. A personal favorite.

- Joe Queenan

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 5:21pm
Now having actually see the movie, it was ok. I still prefer The Brave One which focuses on the character and the revenge while this mostly focuses on the revenge. The main thing I loved about this flick is that one long tracking shot during that chase sequence in the parking lot. Oh my word, my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that. That was a great shot. Overall, a decent revenge flick. If you like seeing bad people get hurt really badly, watch this movie.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 8:47am
Keep in mind the main reason why this movie is here is because it was directed by the same guy who did many of the "Saw" movies. But this flick is from 3 years ago, it wasn't up for any Razzies, so talking about it now is kinda pointless.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2012 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by deadguy76

This focuses more on the vengeance that the father figure goes after rather than the damage that it causes the family (ala In The Bedroom). Perhaps it would have been a better movie if the family had better character development?
Originally posted by moviewizguy

I still prefer The Brave One which focuses on the character and the revenge while this mostly focuses on the revenge.
Skip to 01:02
Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply