Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 29th ANNUAL RAZZIE® NOMINEES > SPEED RACER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BUT IS IT SUPPOSED to be THIS STUPID?!?!?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BUT IS IT SUPPOSED to be THIS STUPID?!?!?
    Posted: May 07 2008 at 2:43pm
I'm going to see this on IMAX! Ughfgs h aha!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'M SO HYPED!!!! *orgasm*
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 12:24pm

I could've told you the minute this one was green-lighted that it would end up on this Forum.

Interesting that you gize started a discussion of "What Happens in Vegas" (which is getting almost shockingly good reviews) several daze before starting this discussion of "Speed Racer."

When it comes time to announce the Razzie nominees for 2008, I expect to be chanting: "Go, Speed Racer, GO!" 

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 12:20pm

I'm confused by the reaction to this one -- From the trailer and TV spots, I figured it was intentionally stupid. Are the critics over-looking this intent, or is the movie really just a total piece of crap??

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Apparently it's as much the look and sound of this film as any intended doofiness that's turning off critics and audiences at early screenings: Word is that it's a headache-inducing kaleidoscope of color, sound and motion that has a similar effect to being tossed around in a dryer with a load of overly colorful beach towels for two hours and fiteen minutes...

Everything SUX!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2008 at 11:55am

SURE, WE ALL LOVED SPEED RACER WHEN WE WERE KIDS...LOVED LAUGHING AT IT for ITS BLATANTLY LAME DIALOGUE, ANIMATION, CHARACTERS and SITUATIONS, THAT IS.

BUT WHEN YOU DECIDE to MAKE a $100 MILLION REMAKE of THIS MATERIAL, THAT FINE LINE BETWEEN CLEARLY BEING DOOFY on PURPOSE and JUST COMING OFF as DOOFY by ACCIDENT GETS BLURRY.  AND WHEN the MOVIE HAS an OVERALL LOOK and COLOR SCHEME LIKE THIS ONE, the AUDIENCE's EYES CAN GET BLEARY. MOST of the CRITICS ARE WAXING WEARY.  AND ITS INVESTORS?? WE'D GUESS THEY'RE LEARY...OF EVER MAKING BACK THEIR INVESTMENT!  

AND NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER QUERY...RAZZIE FORUM MEMBERS, START YOUR ENGINES and HAVE a GO (AT) SPEED RACER, GO (AT) SPEED RACER, GO!!  

SARANDON: "Well, yes, you might say I did get off 

Scott-free for MR. WOODCOCK last year...But maybe 

this year, I won't be So Berry Lucky!"  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234