Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > THE MESSENGERS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Candy-Gram for Mongo...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candy-Gram for Mongo...
    Posted: January 28 2007 at 12:02pm

IS IT JUST US, or DUZ THE STILL BELOW LOOK ABOUT as TERRIFYING as FRED ASTAIRE's CEILING DANCE in ROYAL WEDDING?  AND IF JANUARY WAS DECLARED BAD-HORROR-MOVIE-of-the-WEAK MONTH, WHY IS THIS ONE COMING OUT in FEBRUARY??

Next Female Victim: "Oh, my God -- He's like, the most horrifying decorator I've ever seen. I mean, the lamp behind me is sideways for Kripe-sakes...There's no telling what he'll knock over NEXT!!!"

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2007 at 2:41pm
I think this looks like a good film, just because of the Pang Brothers' direction and Kristen Stewart being in it.
EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 9:37am

I think alot of people are not recognizing the fact that Sam Raimi is presenting this film. That said, I'd like to redirect you back into a great time, the year Evil Dead rose to the screen. Granted Sam was behind the creation and direction, not just presentation, I personally cannot think of one example where Sam Raimi has ever let me down, He has such a brilliant eye for oddball detail that I trust whatever he saw in the making of this film will prevail and be noticed at some point. I mean who elese would've seen that Bruce Campbell's facial expressions alone would create a cult following? The films he puts himself into in whatever way he  chooses are generally not full cinematic genius, but the simple fact that the film itself surrounds and supplies a backdrop for a certain detail or few. The choices he makes are not for everyone but I do believe that The Messengers shouldn't be rubbed off completely just yet, because just like Evil Dead, Army of Darkness, Xena, Hercules, and  the  skepticism  behind him  Directing  Spider Man  i'll  place a bet  that  some sort of  following  will  prevail  of  this  make.  Whether  it be  a  comic book or an action figure series he always finds a way to intrigue and create a cult.

"Boy, Rick sure was lucky."
"Lucky? He's dead!"
"Yeah, but how many people get to get hit by a satellite. I'll bet he makes the Guiness Book of World Records."
EraFirma View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote EraFirma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2007 at 9:41am
If this is being recognized for a razzie, Than I can only suspect that certain bias on the side of Samuel Jackson is the reason why I do not see Snakes On A Plane lyin around here somewhere. I mean C'mon. 

"Boy, Rick sure was lucky."
"Lucky? He's dead!"
"Yeah, but how many people get to get hit by a satellite. I'll bet he makes the Guiness Book of World Records."
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2007 at 5:02am
More PG-13 Horror. Oooooooooooh, I'm scared!   
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2007 at 4:03am
Yet another unscary, forgettable, bad horror movie!
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:43am
Originally posted by dipitlow555

More PG-13 Horror. Oooooooooooh, I'm scared!   
                                                                                          That's about right.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2007 at 6:38am

Ok, I watched this film and it was good. It plays more like a thriller than horror and I love how the first 40 minutes is all about character developement because absolutely nothing happens in the first 40 minutes! I like it and it wasn't as close to The Grudge as I thought it would be. I liked the ending and the whole movie actually delivers.

Response from Head RAZZberry: What a shock -- moviewizguy actually "liked" a movie. He has now defended 367 of the 373 movies released in 2007...

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 6:40am
Originally posted by moviewizguy

Ok, I watched this film and it was good. It plays more like a thriller than horror and I love how the first 40 minutes is all about character developement because absolutely nothing happens in the first 40 minutes! I like it and it wasn't as close to The Grudge as I thought it would be. I liked the ending and the whole movie actually delivers.

Response from Head RAZZberry: What a shock -- moviewizguy actually "liked" a movie. He has now defended 367 of the 373 movies released in 2007...          ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;           ;         

Why do I get the feeling that that's a correct estimate?
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Winter's Tale
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 11:44am

If there are tally marks on the edge of HeadRAZZberry's monitor. . . .

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 3:03pm
...stalker!
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2007 at 7:57pm

Originally posted by moviewizguy

...stalker!

harleyquinn View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote harleyquinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 9:20am
I liked the movie too, ya' know. Sure it was boring and weird in the ending where their basement floor turned into a swamp thing. It wasn't scary, but what do you expect for a PG-13 horror flick. Oh, can't forget to mention the stain on the wall that creeped the mom out and got bigger and bigger until a face came out, that made me laugh. But I liked the movie, cotton candy jim dandy.
"Gee, it's amazing what you find in people's glove compartments." -Harley Quinn
 Post Reply Post Reply