Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 31st Annual RAZZIE® Award Nominees & "WINNERS" > CLASH OF THE TITANS (in FAKE 3-D!)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CGI Krakens?? NO THANX!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CGI Krakens?? NO THANX!!!!
    Posted: April 06 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by moviewizguy

It's not a bad movie. My teacher showed it to the whole class one time and we ended up liking it. I'm surprised by the Razzie nom myself (just found out now) because it was a great performance from Gooding.

Maybe the Razzie nod was because Cuba went against the Golden Rule that was mentioned in "Tropic Thunder": never go full retard!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Julianstark View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Julianstark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 11:51am
For what it's worth, I made a huge mistake in seeing this movie as a birthday venture. I was expecting it to be a decent action movie and nothing more. I was so wrong...

This movie fully deserves some Razzie attention. It had a horrible script and no real premise. Sam Worthington is good, and Liam Neeson dominates without much to do, so I don't think they deserve Razzie nominations. However, I'm all for Ralph Fiennes getting one. He was terrible.

Oh, and my review:
Clash of the Titans Review
For Your 2010 Razzie Consideration: The Bounty Hunter and Leap Year --
Check out my blog! Movies and Other Things
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Julianstark

For what it's worth, I made a huge mistake in seeing this movie as a birthday venture. I was expecting it to be a decent action movie and nothing more. I was so wrong...
Ah, see, even one of our own (who has seen the movie for himself) agrees it's Razzies material.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2010 at 10:15pm
Yesterday, my "daigaku no shinbun" (college newspaper) credited this remake for good action, but otherwise disliked it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2010 at 12:11pm
Well, if there's just one good thing that came from this movie, it's a new catchphrase in the form of "RELEASE THE KRAKEN!".
tghtrkk View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tghtrkk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2010 at 3:10am
The movie is not that bad...yeah, it lacks a strong story-line, but the background score is awesome and the hero, after a strong performance in AVATAR, fails to deliver. But, overall  a time-passing movie. 
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by tghtrkk

The movie is not that bad...yeah, it lacks a strong story-line, but the background score is awesome and the hero, after a strong performance in AVATAR, fails to deliver. But, overall  a time-passing movie. 

Yeah, the movie's score shouldn't be the saving grace of the entire movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 3:54pm
I first heard of it because of the trailer durin'the People's Choice Awards.After all this time,I still don't know what the plot is.I guess they thought that,since it was O.K. for ECLIPSE...
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2010 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Vits

I first heard of it because of the trailer durin'the People's Choice Awards.After all this time,I still don't know what the plot is.I guess they thought that,since it was O.K. for ECLIPSE...
Just do yourself a favor and rent the original. Sure, it's dated by today's standards, but hey, it's a classic.
robson12 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote robson12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 1:37am
I knew from the beginning this forum would appear soon.

-------------------------
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse dvd box set is one of my favorite tv shows, if you like things such as Bleach dvd box set,30 Rock dvd box set or Project Runway dvd box set and order you will enjoy this show very much.. definitely recommend to anyone one
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2010 at 11:33am
Originally posted by robson12

I knew from the beginning this forum would appear soon.

It sounds like you've hardly noticed this topic before. If that's the case, that's odd. It's been here for almost 4 months now. What do you hate most about this movie?
TheMovieCritic View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheMovieCritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 11:26am
Didn't bother with this terrible movie. I would rather watch the 1981 version than this sorry excuse for a "remake." At least the 1981 version's special effects were decent, especially compared to the terrible CGI used in this film.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 12:05pm
How do you know that if you didn't watch it?
TheMovieCritic View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheMovieCritic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2010 at 3:48pm
This film's trailer says it all.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2010 at 1:03pm
That you won't like the effects?Sure.That it's a terrible movie?No.
Vermn View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vermn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2011 at 10:00am
I remember seeing the original movie way back when. Although the effects weren't all that great, I appreciated the work of Ray Harryhausen and his history.
I just recently saw the remake, and I can say, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Whenever I see a remake, I try and forget the original, especially if it's a movie I like.
Although it was a bit jumpy and quick moving, it wasn't so overdone that it was unwatchable like the Transformers movies.
I think the problem with CGI is that it's way overused. They use it even when it's not needed. Perhaps they have to justify the budget, so they throw in some animation at every twist and turn. I don't know.
Look at what George Lucas did with the last three Star Wars movies. Going by the time line, the last three were supposed to take place BEFORE the first three, yet the technology in the last three makes the first three look like a silent movie. I doubt that a second goes by without some sort of CGI. Those movies were way overdone.
Then he goes back and ads to the original trilogy? What's the point? Now I'm not talking about adding in Jabba the Hut in the first movie. Lucas had said on numerous occasions that he wanted Jabba in the first film, he just didn't have the money or the technology to do it, so he goes back years later and adds in a character he wanted. All fine and good. But to add all these little things in that have nothing to do with the story?
There are some pretty amazing scenes in movies that were done before the advent of CGI, so it can be done. Sadly, Hollywood has chosen, in many cases, to take what could be a great meal, and turn it into the film equivalent of McDonalds. Quick, dirty,cheap and not very satisfying.
Maybe that's why people don't go to the movies that much anymore, besides the cost of course.
People realize what Hollywood is doing. They aren't trying to make a decent movie, just a quick buck, and alot of people don't want to fall for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>