Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SPACE CHIMPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CGI Monkeys Strictly 4 ’Toon Junkies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CGI Monkeys Strictly 4 ’Toon Junkies...
    Posted: July 17 2008 at 9:14am
Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol? BAH! HUMBUG! If I had my way, every idiot who goes about making a new version of A Christmas Carol should be boiled with his own pudding, and buried with a stake of holly in his heart!
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 8:30am
Yet, Space Chimps is just the tip of the iceberg of crappy family movie to come out this year. Just look what's coming up: Beverly Hill Chihuahua, Ace Ventura 3, Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol... we should ban any film studio that's not Pixar from making family movies

Wow, our "Worst Excuse for Family Entertainment" category could be cram-packed this year!

Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 5:18am
Yeah...but they had to get one in somewhere. Too bad for FOX, this will be their second dud in a row this summer (The 1st being last weak's Meet Dave).
The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Movie Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Movie Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 2:36am
After two solid weeks of nothing but good movies, the streak is broken with "Meet Dave" and "Space Chimps" (excluding "Wanted", mentioned on this site but quickly eliminated from the draft once good reviews finally came pouring in)

I also agree that not every "family movie" sucked this year: we've had "Wall-E", "Horton Hears a Who", and "Kitt Kitteredge" to name a few.
thomsonmg2000 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote thomsonmg2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2008 at 2:03am
Another movie with talking animated animals in supposed "hilarious" situations geared towards family audience?

Looks like just another crappy output from Vanguard Animation, the same guys who put out Happily Ever After and Valiant. That name will now put chills up my spine.
Seltzerberg is back?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!

http://www.disastermovie.org
http://www.vampiressuck.org/
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2008 at 11:19am
This was on my list of 2008 films to watch out for several months ago. Since it is being released the same week as Mommy Mia, this weekend might be a real race for the bottom. Thank goodness for The Dark Knight.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 9:22am

Whoa, be careful not to speak too soon --  You created a 2006 page for Barnyard (which it deserved, of course), and they went on to make a cartoon series called Back at the Barnyard on Nickelodeon. 

Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

PROMOs for THIS HAD US CONVINCED IT WAS SOME CHEEZY NEW CARTOON NETWORK SERIES...

I fear the existence of Landing of the Space Chimps as the next Nick/CN cartoon series (more likely CN; Nick owns the Barnyard franchise). 

Then again, if Space Chimps bombs, my fears will vanish.

#1-Film Freak!! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 5:34am
Not every "family movie" this year sux -- Over the weekend I went with my kid and some friends to see "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3-D. While it certainly wasn't brilliant, it did deliver everything it promised: It was fun, fast-paced, not too dopey, and was a far better "popcorn movie" than the latest, semi-lame "Indiana Jones" movie...
Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2008 at 5:08am

PROMOs for THIS HAD US CONVINCED IT WAS SOME CHEEZY NEW CARTOON NETWORK SERIES...THEN WE SAW on the IMDb THAT IT HAD a "THEATRICAL TRAILER," and WE REALIZED ONCE AGAIN: HOLLYWOOD HAS NO SHAME WHEN IT COMES to EXPLOITING UNDER-AGE MOVIE-GOERS...

WITH CHARACTERS THAT WEAR OUT THEIR WELCOME in THAT 87-SECOND TRAILER, JOKES THAT the AVERAGE SIX-YEAR-OLD COULD GUESS the PUNCHLINE to WAY in ADVANCE, and a STYLE of COMPUTER ANIMATION UNWORTHY of a CABLE CAR INSURANCE COMMERCIAL, SPACE CHIMPS MAY SET a NEW LOW in HOW CRAPPY a MOVIE TINSEL TOWN IS WILLING to TOSS (LIKE SO MUCH FLUNG MONKEY DOO-DOO) at the UNSUSPECTING "FAMILY AUDIENCE." 

THERE's ALSO the CURIOUS COINCIDENCE THAT THIS IS from the SAME STUDIO THAT LAST WEEK BOMBED OUT with the SIMILARLY LAME-LOOKING/SPACE-THEMED MEET DAVE. WE WISH THESE CHIMPS a BOX OFFICE FATE SIMILAR to EDDIE's LATEST FIASCO...

AND NOW, LADIES and PRIMATES, IT's YOUR TURN to START FLINGIN'...

Definitely NOT The Proverbial Room-ful of Monkeys Who, If Locked in a Room with Typewriters, Would Eventually Write Shakespeare... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12