Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on NON-NOMINATED 2008 RELEASES w/LYNX! > SPACE CHIMPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CGI Monkeys Strictly 4 ’Toon Junkies...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CGI Monkeys Strictly 4 ’Toon Junkies...
    Posted: July 20 2008 at 3:08am

Popcorn Avenger, I think it's best if you see Japanese Anime movies like "Appleseed", "Ghost in the Shell", "Spirited Away", "Akira", and my personal favorites "Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust" and "Princess Mononoke". If after seeing those movies, you still think Japan is the bottom of the barrell, well that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

PopcornAvenger View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote PopcornAvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2008 at 4:34am

Well, I should have said, "bottom of my barrell". I'm actually a fan of japanese culture, lived there two years. Just never liked the animation, and, again, its the art and style I don't like. Nor am I an expert, as I generally avoid the genre.

I've seen Vampire D or the first half-hour or so of it. Turned it off. Vampire D Minus

Other exposure was Voltron ( the first one ) featured a group of avian-themed youths. It's old, was out when I was a kid. It was pretty bad, but kids fare of course. Pokemon', ugh. Oddly enough, I like Teen Titans.

For me its a matter of taste. I was tempted to see Spirited Away so on your recommendations I'll look for it, and Ghost in the Shell. I do try to remain open-minded, or at least pry the door back open if it's warranted.

Sometimes      ;)

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2008 at 5:40pm
I'm apest over Hayao Miyazaki's work, especially Spirited Away.  I'm guessing Space Chimps, on the other hand, gives apest a whole new meaning. . . .
Headbanger14 View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Headbanger14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2008 at 7:08am

And let's not forget that this movie was made by Vanguard Animation, the same company that made those other crappy movies Valiant and Happily N'Ever After. These guys just don't know how to make a good animated film...

moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2008 at 7:30am
Ummm....I actually found Happily N'ever After a pretty funny film. It's very under-rated if you ask me. The problem with that film, in my opinion, is that it could've been like a 30 minute episode spoofing many animated films. I still found it entertaining, though...
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2008 at 3:36am
In the category for Worst Animated Feature Film (if you post one) I'd say Fly Me to the Moon ranks first, The Clone Wars second, and this is tied for third with Igor.
tdickensheets View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tdickensheets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2009 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by HeadRAZZBerry

PROMOs for THIS HAD US CONVINCED IT WAS SOME CHEEZY NEW CARTOON NETWORK SERIES...THEN WE SAW on the IMDb THAT IT HAD a "THEATRICAL TRAILER," and WE REALIZED ONCE AGAIN: HOLLYWOOD HAS NO SHAME WHEN IT COMES to EXPLOITING UNDER-AGE MOVIE-GOERS...

WITH CHARACTERS THAT WEAR OUT THEIR WELCOME in THAT 87-SECOND TRAILER, JOKES THAT the AVERAGE SIX-YEAR-OLD COULD GUESS the PUNCHLINE to WAY in ADVANCE, and a STYLE of COMPUTER ANIMATION UNWORTHY of a CABLE CAR INSURANCE COMMERCIAL, SPACE CHIMPS MAY SET a NEW LOW in HOW CRAPPY a MOVIE TINSEL TOWN IS WILLING to TOSS (LIKE SO MUCH FLUNG MONKEY DOO-DOO) at the UNSUSPECTING "FAMILY AUDIENCE." 

THERE's ALSO the CURIOUS COINCIDENCE THAT THIS IS from the SAME STUDIO THAT LAST WEEK BOMBED OUT with the SIMILARLY LAME-LOOKING/SPACE-THEMED MEET DAVE. WE WISH THESE CHIMPS a BOX OFFICE FATE SIMILAR to EDDIE's LATEST FIASCO...

AND NOW, LADIES and PRIMATES, IT's YOUR TURN to START FLINGIN'...

Definitely NOT The Proverbial Room-ful of Monkeys Who, If Locked in a Room with Typewriters, Would Eventually Write Shakespeare... 

The they chips or monkeys?

Thomas Dickensheets
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 6:38pm
Call me crazy, but this movie was okay. Sure it had pop-culture references and whatnot, and it's not spectacular in a way, but it is creative. However, after seeing the trailer for a sequel, and believe me, there IS a sequel, it was a horrible. I will not see the sequel.
Pictures move, do they?
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

Call me crazy, but this movie was okay. Sure it had pop-culture references and whatnot, and it's not spectacular in a way, but it is creative. However, after seeing the trailer for a sequel, and believe me, there IS a sequel, it was a horrible. I will not see the sequel.
You so crazy! Nah, the original isn't half as bad as other half-assed non Pixar or non Dreamworks animated movies. The sequel, however, just NO!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12