Forum Home Forum Home > 2005 Film Discussions > CHEAPER by the DOZEN, TOO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CHEAPER 2 as Worst Movie of Week...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CHEAPER 2 as Worst Movie of Week...
    Posted: December 18 2005 at 5:28pm

Cheaper by the Dozen, Too 

A paint-by-numbers "family film" that exists only because the first CHEAPER grossed $138 million, this utterly unnecessary sequel looks like an extended episode of EIGHT IS ENOUGH, with an Extra Added 50% Free of Charge. And when was the last time Eugene Levy appeared in a good movie? And even if CHEAPER TOO does do well, Steve Martin's next film down the pike is the reputedly all-but-unreleasable remake of Pink Panther next February...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2005 at 4:36pm
The last funny movie Steve Martin did was Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid. Since
then, it's been all downhill for this self-centered egomaniac.
Robertin View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Robertin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 8:07am

I don´t mind Steve Martin, since he´s not a bad comic actor. But Hilary Duff... that dimwit is another story!

It's me View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote It's me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 11:24pm
Hilary Duff is the bad -- I hate her!
Love Juicy View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Love Juicy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 12:01am
Hey! I love Hilary Duff!
Just Me View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Just Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 7:58am
I luv the juicy girl too!!! and It's soooo not right Hilary being nominated for this "award"... man, these "awards" totally suck.... I mean... aren't you less imaginative????
Gaby_99- Mexico View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote Gaby_99- Mexico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2006 at 1:34pm

why? The movie is good

why hilary?

These awards sucks

Hilary acts good in this movie, so.....?

lekar View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote lekar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 3:07am
hilary??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO aRe u maD?????
Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 5:13am
Yo, "lekar" -- aRe u hAvinG tRouBle wiTh YOur cApS LoCk KeY??
Everything SUX!
lady_boricua View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote lady_boricua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 10:54am

Hilary  Duff REALLY SUCKSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

northfolk View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote northfolk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2006 at 1:19pm
hilary duff suxs at acting, being herself and "pretending to sing"
ME! View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote ME! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2006 at 8:40am
You Jelous f**kers you wish you were her. get over it. Shes better then you! Go shoot your self
fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:41pm

She's not the only one, I think.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty much all these kids do at all in this series is yell and scream at Steve over how they perceive him ruining their lives.  I'll be perfectly frank here; I think these types of films set very bad examples for younger audiences, egging them on to rebel against all authority, even good authority because in Hollywood's diluted eyes fathers are responsible for every single problem a family could have, even if he had nothing to do with any of it in particular.  These films, and this series in general, is a prime example of this thinking; Steve's character's clearly innocent of loads of stuff they charge him with, but because he's the father, he has to be the one who apologizes at the end even though the kids are arrogant, selfish brats whom he'd be better off putting up for adoption if you ask me.  And then they think some fake happy ending's going to cure everything.  I think not.  It's time Hollywood wakes up to the things they're planting in the minds of America's youth, for it may cost us all some day.     

fulglas82 View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote fulglas82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2006 at 4:43pm
And I may also add that it's equally sad to see talented people like Steve and Eugene Levy being forced into menial roles like this after all the brilliant stuff they've done over the years.  But then again, they're over 50, and as Steve made clear in Bowfinger, they don't want you anymore once you celebrate the golden anniversary.  John Belushi may feel thankful he's dead.   
thorshammer View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote thorshammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 3:29am
You know, this wasn't THAT bad.  MORE mediocre if anything.  I'm not sure, with all the crap that came out this year, why this movie was picked.  Higher profile maybe?  Don't know, but I'm a little disappointed the Razzies don't really contain the WORST in Hollywood.  I looks like a nice mirror of the Oscars, however.  Weak Oscars, weak Razzies.
hilduff_girl View Drop Down
Berry Special GUESTS
Berry Special GUESTS
Post Options Post Options   Quote hilduff_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 04 2006 at 5:05am
hil rocks ...and this is an amazing movie..this awards sucks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>