Forum Home Forum Home > FORUMS on 28th Annual RAZZIE® "Winners" > NORBIT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Chew the Fat Regarding NORBIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chew the Fat Regarding NORBIT
    Posted: June 21 2010 at 10:47am
The problem is that people inmediately think that every movie with Eddie disguised as several characters is the same. It's not. You can't put all your eggs in one basket, but Eddie is. (I've always wanted to use that expression!)...  

This is crap compared to both THE NUTTY PROFESSOR movies.Why?The script.  

The only times I laughed was with RASPUTIA's repeated catchphrase HOW YOU DOIN'? The unfunniest moment was NORBIT locked in the basement trying to scream.  

Cliches are expected in movies, but there's good and bad cliche's. A bad cliche is KATE forgiving NORBIT like nothing happened. 

Because of all the deal about NORBIT being a warrior inside, I was waiting for him to finally stand up to her. He didn't. The entire town got rid of her for him. 

I already knew 2007 was one of the worst years for movies.But I didn't know it was the year of movies with supporting characters that made fun of chinese people.

2 stars/30%/3.5 out of 7.  
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 11:37am
"People inmediately think that every movie with Eddie disguised as several characters is the same." 
Um, yes -- because they are.  

[/QUOTE]
Would you rather they make fun of Hispanic people? It still amazes me that it's the year 2010, we have a half-black man as President, a Hispanice woman on the Supreme Court, and yet we are still asked to reduce ourselves to accepting low-brow, racist humor... 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 12:18pm
No,dude. It's hard to make comedy without making fun of someone. Just don't make it racist. MR. WONG could've been a weird funny character if Eddie hadn't done that thing where he changes his Ls for Rs. Arso,Obama became President 2 years after this movie.

Honestly, Eddie Griffin and Katt Williams (the pimps)saved the movie, even if there was no point to having them...plot-wise. 

Another problem I had with the movie is that I expected that RASPUTIA would end up explaining why she was the way she was. But no, so we all wanted her to pay for what she did,just like her brothers and Cuba Gooding Jr.(he shouldn't have been nominated as Worst Actor because he was supporting). But they all got away with it!  

The reason I wrote 3,5 out of 7 is that it's the rating system of tests in my country.1 to 7.Like F to A.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 1:32pm
True -- You can make fun of the media, you can make fun of politics, you can make fun of religion, but do we really have to lower ourselves to sterotypes? No, really...  

Originally posted by Vits

No,dude. It's hard to make comedy without making fun of someone. Just don't make it racist.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 3:37pm
Well,if you put like that...The truth is thanks to your 1st Amendment we can make fun of anyone we want,but we shouldn't have to.Making fun of someone's religion or political views isn't the same because they choose it,unlike race.

After looking at the IMDB forums I noticed a lot of comments on how the movie is racist towards black people?How?!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 4:23pm
Exactly, that's why it's less insulting, and quite frankly, makes a much easier target.  

Originally posted by Vits

Making fun of someone's religion or political views isn't the same because they choose it,unlike race.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234