Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General MOVIE & DVD Discussions > POLL: Is CITIZEN KANE Really The #1 BEST Movie of ALL Time??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CITIZEN KANE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Poll Question: Is Welles' 1941 "Masterpiece" The BEST Movie EVER Made??
Vote Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[12.36%]
[61.80%]
[19.10%]
[6.74%]

Author
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote francessam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CITIZEN KANE
    Posted: October 30 2011 at 9:17pm
Citizen Kane was a really good movie and I"m not surprised why it was chosen as the #1 Best movie of all time. I liked Citizen Kane but it's not really my favorite to be in the no.1 spot. My most favorite is Casablanca. It was a truly great classic movie. I also loved Gone with The Wind and The Godfather.   
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2011 at 11:17am
Welcome Francessam. Are you by any chance the president of the AFI? LOL
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
jetbrav View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote jetbrav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2011 at 1:27am
Yes, Citizen Kane is the best movie of all time!!!
atk2tonogan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote atk2tonogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 3:41am
I have not seen this movie. But I am very very very excited to see Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1... 
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2011 at 6:36pm
My guess here is that if you are that excited about Breaking Wind, you probably aren't going to be particularly bowled over by Citizen Kane.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Doppy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Doppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2014 at 8:44am
If I think about the fact that Welles wrote, directed and interpreted this film when he was just 25 years (even now I'm 25 years old) makes me goosebumps, in a good way! Accomplished artists as him :  well educated, trained, inspired, now no longer exist or you really count on the fingers of one hand!
Citizen Kane is a  film that should be seen with a vigilant eye, even if you lose a piece of the "puzzle", you lose everything and have to start over again, but not right away, absolutely!

JacobD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JacobD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2014 at 11:14pm
I think Stephen Norrington's Blade is far supierior to Gone With the Wind. Everyone has their own opinions, and I completely respect your opinion moviewizguy. And don't worry about your finding Citizen Kane "boring". Most people do, they just don't talk about it. Not me though, because I'm a HUGE fan of Orson Welles. Also really liked Touch of Evil. Want to see Falstaff a.k.a. Chimes at Midnight. No worries, just "chiming" in (NO pun intended).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum (rel="nofollow")
 Enable BBcodes to format post
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image
Please enter the Security Code exactly as shown in image format.
Cookies must be enabled on your web browser.