Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > CODE NAME: THE CLEANER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CODE NAME: THE CLUNKER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CODE NAME: THE CLUNKER
    Posted: March 10 2007 at 6:56am

THERE ARE FEW THINGS SADDER THAN a COMEDY WITHOUT LAUGHS...

and WE BERRY SINCERELY HOPE 2007 WILL HAVE NO COMEDIES MORE LAUGH-FREE THAN CODE NAME: THE CLEANER, THE LATEST TRAVESTY from CEDRIC, the REPUTED "ENTERTAINER"...

NICOLE: "After reading the reviews, I think maybe we should both consider a Witness Relocation Program..."

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 10:28am
Once again, thanks Head RAZZ for "finally" adding this film to our Forum...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 2:07pm

THIS POST HAS MILD SPOILERS

As I posted over in the Movies In General forum, I actually did laugh at a number of scenes in this movie.  There were two scenes I felt were going to be outright disasters -- Nicolette Sheridan and Cedric the Entertainer in the bedroom, and Cedric the Entertainer performing with a Dutch dancing outfit -- that, although they weren't funny, weren't as disastrous as I thought.  It looked as though Cedric, Lucy Liu and Nicolette Sheridan were having fun with this movie, which is one of the things I look for when dealing with a subpar movie.  Do the actors realize it's subpar?  If so, I don't grade a movie as hard, unless it sinks into the depths of Epic Movie.  The three worst scenes in this movie were (1)Cedric spanking the old lady and the old lady spanking Cedric, (2) the climactic showdown between Cedric, Lucy Liu and all the bad guys (Blood and Chocolate's climax was worse, though) and (3) the ending (again, Blah-ed and Chuck-It-Up was far stupider).  The worst performance goes to DeRay Davis' unfunny performance as a janitor/wannabe rapper.  All in all, it wasn't good enough to be a fun, dumb movie, but to me it's almost not bad enough to be a Razzie. 

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 5:02pm
I've read something from IMDb.com, and saw that this film spoofs off The Bourne Identity (2002), which is where a man wakes up with no memory of who he is and finds out he is a spy.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 3:28am

Originally posted by bruin_522

I've read something from IMDb.com, and saw that this film spoofs off The Bourne Identity (2002), which is where a man wakes up with no memory of who he is and finds out he is a spy.

That's true, and it spoofs a number of other spy pics on the way.  It's not the greatest, it's not the worst, but it's not worth a full priced theatre ticket, either!  If you must see it, rent it first.

tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2007 at 2:17pm

Code Name: The Clunker is coming out on DVD  April 24, 2007 here a link to view Box Art http://www.amazon.com/Code-Name-Cleaner-Cedric-Entertainer/d p/B000NA21SG/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-1643906-5715851?ie=UTF8& ;s=dvd&qid=1173756275&sr=8-1  I was glad to see this on The Screen of Movies to be Razzied for Next Year

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:52am
There was one other spy comedy which spoofed other spy movies, SPY HARD. I think we all know how that film ended up!  
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2007 at 11:42am
Maybe we could put CODE NAME: THE CLEANER up for Worst Remake or Rip-Off (of both Bourne Identity & Spy Hard)??
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 8:39am
Yeah, and I also think this film will have Cedric be a potential nominee for Worst Actor for this film as well as Worst Screen Couple, shared with either Lucy Liu or Nicollette Sheridan.
tomsmo View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2007 at 8:53am

I think it should go on the Nominating Ballot like this

Worst Movie CODE NAME: THE CLEANER

Worst Actor: Cedric The Entertainer

Worst Actress: Lucy Liu

Worst Supporting Actress: Nicollette Sheridan

Worst Screen Couple: Cedric The Entertainer and EITHER Lucy Liu or Nicollette Sheridan

Worst Rip-Off or Remake: CODE NAME: THE CLEANER  (Rip-Off of both Bourne Identity & Spy Hard)

Worst Screenplay: Robert Adetuyi & George Gallo

That would give it a total Of seven Razzie nods

Razzilla View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Razzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 1:23am
Originally posted by tomsmo

I think it should go on the Nominating Ballot like this

Worst Movie <A class=boldLink href="http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=183" >CODE NAME: THE CLEANER </A>

Worst Screen Couple: Cedric The Entertainer and EITHER Lucy Liu or Nicollette Sheridan

Worst Rip-Off or Remake: <A class=boldLink href="http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=183" >CODE NAME: THE CLEANER </A> (Rip-Off of both [COLOR=#003399">Bourne Identity[/COLOR"> & Spy Hard)

That would give it a total Of seven Razzie nods

<!-- Message ''"" -->

Let's make just ONE little change in that Worst Screen Couple nomination...
Cedric The Entertainer and ANYONE sharing the screen with him...
Comparing Uwe Boll's movies to a sack of horse manure will only get you sued by every fertilizer company in existence...
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2007 at 2:11am
To Razzilla that what they did with Jamie Kenndey when he Made Son Of The Mask it was Jamie Kennedy & ANYBODY Stuck Sharing the Screen with Him.
bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 6:57am
You know, the director of this movie, Les Mayfield, has directed a bunch of bad films as well, and yet, he's never been nominated for a RAZZIE. There's Encino Man (1992), Miracle on 34th Street (1994), Flubber (1997), Blue Streak (1999), American Outlaws (2001), and The Man (2005). Two of those films earned RAZZIE nominations, and one of those two "won" a RAZZIE. And there's like three other films that should have received a RAZZIE nomination.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2007 at 7:07am

oh yea forgot worst dirctor Les Mayfield, so maybe The Ballot could look more like this for Codename: The Clunker

Worst Movie CODE NAME: THE CLEANER

Worst Director: Les Mayfield

Worst Screen Couple: Cedric The Entertainer and & ANYBODY Stuck Sharing the Screen with Him.

Worst Rip-Off or Remake: CODE NAME: THE CLEANER  (Rip-Off of both Bourne Identity & Spy Hard)

Total Eight Razzie Nods

wetbandit82 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote wetbandit82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2007 at 1:54pm

Originally posted by bruin_522

You know, the director of this movie, Les Mayfield, has directed a bunch of bad films as well, and yet, he's never been nominated for a RAZZIE. There's Encino Man (1992), Miracle on 34th Street (1994), Flubber (1997), Blue Streak (1999), American Outlaws (2001), and The Man (2005). Two of those films earned RAZZIE nominations, and one of those two "won" a RAZZIE. And there's like three other films that should have received a RAZZIE nomination.

I wouldn't quite agree with choices #2 and 3.  I see them as average but not terrible; even relatively weak John Hughes scripts are well above the industry average.  Maybe if he'd stuck with Chris Columbus at the helm instead of Mayfield (or done it himself, which is of course usually the only way if you want it done right), the results would have been a little better. 

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2007 at 4:40pm
Flubber wasn't really a good movie, but it did escape from getting any RAZZIE nods. Flubber was still considered a remake of The Absent Minded Professor, and I have kept on thinking that Flubber should have received a RAZZIE nod for Worst Remake or Sequel for 1997.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>