Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > CODE NAME: THE CLEANER
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CODE NAME: THE CLUNKER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CODE NAME: THE CLUNKER
    Posted: May 16 2007 at 4:20pm

Contains spoilers.

I've been thinking lately about what HeadRAZZ had to say about a major star (or, in this case, stars) responsibility for getting movies made.  If Cedric the Entertainer, Lucy Liu and Nicolette Sheridan had said no, Code Name: The Cleaner wouldn't have been made.  And even though they signed on, they should have used their clout to, at the very least, (spoiler) rewrite the climax so you don't have the muscle gliding across a waxed floor fast enough to crash through an office window and be knocked out cold, or make little use of what's in a janitor's cart.  That bugs me.  My first job as a teenager was a janitor, and you usually work your floor alone, giving you plenty of time to think and horse around.  For someone who's been obsessed with war action video games to the point he can tell when a game chip is behaving differently, Cedric's character Jake sure hasn't spent any time imagining how he would use his work tools as weapons.  Just off the top of my head, you have a horse hair brush used for dusting and sweeping made out of thick round hard plastic that would make one hell of a club. And you have a gong brush used for cleaning the dust on the carpet next to the walls and for scrubbing that's made out of the same thick plastic that, if thrown, would give you one nasty knock.  That's not even getting into the mop, the dust mop, the broom, the scraper, the various cleaners in spray bottles or the attachments to the vacuum, let alone the vacuum itself.  Jake managed to use a mop and a bucket, and he only thought that up on the spur of the moment. 

So, although I wouldn't vote for any of them because I felt they were having fun with the material, I withdraw any objection to others voting for them because they are, to a significant degree, responsible for the movie not being better.  And it really could have been made better.

bruin_522 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote bruin_522 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2007 at 11:02am
Factual errors: When pulling up the security file on Cedric's character, the driver’s license shows W98745621. Based on Washington State's driver’s license scheming, the correct license code would have began with RODGEJ_30. (The underscore would have been replaced by the characters middle initial. Also, the file shows the record as being inactive, yet the date terminated is not available.
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 4:28pm
Is there a reason that Hollywood is too dumb to realize this movie shouldn't have made it past pre-production? And if you ask me, it's lucky that it even got there.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2007 at 6:07pm
I think Cedric the Entertainer should be a contender for "WORST ACTOR" and "WORST ON SCREEN COUPLE w/either Lucy Liu and/or  Nicolette Sheridan.
ZookGuy View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZookGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2007 at 7:18am

"Flubber" was aimed at children, and it was succesful in that respect. If you can see films through a child's prespective you might like them. But "Codname: The Cleaner" probably isn't one of those films. Am I right? 

Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2007 at 4:42am
Cedric the Entertainer is so hopeless. He once had a promising film career after doing "Barbershop" but then he started to do all those really unfunny disasters where (no offensive) he used a fake stereotypical white man voice. I mean "Johnson Family Vacation", "The Honeymooners", and now this. Come on Ced, you got to do better.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2007 at 11:31am
I'll give the film this: it's not as bad as "Epic Movie" or "Norbit", but that's not saying much!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12