Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

"Comedies" Like This Make Us up-CHUCK!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Film Freak!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Comedies" Like This Make Us up-CHUCK!!
    Posted: November 07 2007 at 4:46am

...And if he keeps making movies as horrible as "Chuck & Larry" (which I just saw on DVD, God help me!) I'd like to ask: WHY is Adam Sandler allowed to LIVE????? 

Nobody LUVS movies more than ME!
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 11:08am
I saw that I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY was on The Worst Rip & Remake Catagory what was it a ripoff or remake of.
Nadir007 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nadir007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2008 at 5:03am

Originally posted by moorlock2003

..and gee, isn't he getting FAT.

Weight is really the least of his problems. I mean, I don't care if someone has three arms and horn. If they're funny, I'll watch them. When I'm dumb or unlucky enough to see a Sandler film, I feel I want a refund for brain neurons wasted being able to remember it and the associated recurrent emotional pain.

I don't believe how quickly this one went to DVD: is it just me? Was it about a month from theatre release?

Adam was actually conspicuously good in Punch Drunk, so I think the issue is (as originally suggested) his ability to invoke awful scripts and be the medium through which they are produced (instead of shredded).

Perhaps there should be a Razzie category for Learning Least From Horrible Mistakes Made In One's Own Career (...or Most Tragic Career?).

"So this is like a cross between a movie and a piece of lint?" Mystery Science Theatre 3000
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 2:38pm
Adam Sandler deserve the nom..He made chuckle a few times,but still.Durin'the dramatic moments,he was awful.

Rob Schnieder's asian portrayal did seem kind'a racist.

Not sure'bout Kevin James and Jessica Biel,although bein'a good actor also consists of choosin'good movies,and since she chose 2 bad movies,she kind'a deserve it.

You know how if you write a movie with someone,in the credits they use the "&" symbol,and if you write separately they use the word "And"?Well,in tons of Sandler movies,some script writer from Happy Madison re-writes a script to fit into a Sandler movie.That's why this movie was written by Barry Fanaro and Oscar winners Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor.

All together,the movie was alright,although not Happy Madison's best.A lot of critics said it tried to be gay-friendly but ended up bein'offensive.Yet,the GLAAD said the opposite.
Originally posted by tomsmobr

I saw that I NOW PRONOUNCE YOU CHUCK & LARRY was on The Worst Rip & Remake Catagory.
No,it wasn't.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 10:46am
I wrote something about this(not a review):
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 1:37pm
I gave this 4/10. 

Adam was alright when he was trying to be funny, but awful when trying to be dramatic, while with Kevin it was the other way around. 

This was the perfect example of the magic in movies: Adam isn't ugly, but his face isn't very Adonis-like. In order to play the macho playboy, he needed to look more attractive, so...they...told...him...to...chew gum(?!?)

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2010 at 10:45am
I made a list of the worst performances of all times:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/812172/blogs/?id=674392

Adam Sanlder is in it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123