Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > THE THREE STOOGES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCOMMENTARY & FOTO FUNNY on 3 STOOGES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: COMMENTARY & FOTO FUNNY on 3 STOOGES
    Posted: April 10 2012 at 8:36am

AT THE PREMIERE:

SEAN HAYES is UTTERLY GOGGLE-EYED
-- and HE'S NOT EVEN LOOKING DOWN 
at HER "WOW-WOWs"!!!

---------------------------------   

MY PARENTS WERE "SCREAMING LIBERALS" WAY BEFORE THEIR TIME -- ONE of MY EARLIEST MEMORIES IS of BEING HELD UP to BE KISSED by ADLAI STEVENSON at a 1956 POLITICAL RALLY. AS PART of THEIR LIBERAL PHILOSOPHY of UP-BRINGING, THERE WERE FEW THINGS THEY OUTRIGHT "FORBADE" ME and MY 3 BROTHERS to SEE. 

ONE of the FEW THINGS on THEIR SHORT-LIST of "TABOO VIEWING MATERIAL" WAS...THE THREE STOOGES. THEY INSISTED THAT WATCHING THREE MORONS POKE EACH OTHER in the EYE, KICK EACH OTHER in the GROIN and GENERALLY ACT LIKE 2012 GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES WOULD ACTUALLY "ROT OUR MINDS." SO, OF COURSE, WHENEVER MY PARENTS WEREN'T HOME, WE SNUCK into the TV ROOM  and ENDLESSLY WATCHED LARRY, MOE and CURLY JOE DO THEIR DOOFY BEST to AMUSE US by ABUSING EACH OTHER.  

WHETHER OUR MINDS WERE ACTUALLY ROTTED by the EXPERIENCE IS DEBATABLE, BUT THERE WAS CERTAINLY NOTHING ENRICHING, ENNOBLING or EVEN ENGROSSING ABOUT the ORIGINAL THREE STOOGES -- THEIR APPEAL for US WAS MOSTLY ABOUT the "THRILL" of DEFYING OUR FOLKS (and MAYBE GETTING CAUGHT). BUT AS I GREW OLDER (and, HOPEFULLY MORE DISCERNING) I CAME to REALIZE THAT MY PARENTS HAD BEEN RIGHT: THE BASIC PREMISE of THE THREE STOOGES IS DE-BASING and, IN MANY WAYS, DEMORALIZING. ALMOST EVERY "JOKE" THEY MADE SUGGESTED THAT RESORTING to the KIND of PHYSICAL VIOLENCE WHICH in REAL LIFE IS BOTH PAINFUL and DANGEROUS IS SOMEHOW FUNNY, ACCEPTABLE, and a REASON to LAUGH RATHER THAN WINCE. 

BUT HOWEVER INDEFENSIBLE the OLD THREE STOOGES SHORTS and MOVIES MAY HAVE BEEN, the IDEA of EVEN BOTHERING to DO a PALE IMITATION of THEM, as THIS NEW MOVIE DOES, SEEMS POINTLESS and UTTERLY UNORIGINAL to US -- KINDA LIKE 90% of WHAT HOLLYWOOD IS PUTTING OUT THESE DAZE. 

IT IS OUR HOPE THAT THE 2012 THREE STOOGES MOVIE FAILS SO SPECTACULARLY THAT ANY SIMILAR PROJECTS in the DEVELOPMENT PIPELINE ARE KILLED OFF BEFORE REACHING FRUITION. BUT WE HALF SUSPECT THAT INSTEAD, the OLD P.T. BARNUM ADAGE MAY ONCE AGAIN BE PROVEN TRUE: "NO ONE EVER WENT BROKE UNDER-ESTIMATING the INTELLIGENCE of the AMERICAN PUBLIC..."

IF YOU'D LIKE TO ADD YOUR THOUGHTS on THIS FILM, HERE's the LINK to POST THEM... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
 Post Reply Post Reply