Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > COMPLETE LIST of 2010 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

COMPLETE 2010 RELEASES LIST (Jan 1 - Dec. 31)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COMPLETE 2010 RELEASES LIST (Jan 1 - Dec. 31)
    Posted: January 13 2011 at 4:01pm
Adam...we are faced with believing one of two propositions: 1. There was a massive studio conspiracy to bribe roughly 200 movie critics with no guarantee that they wouldn't simply take the bribe and double cross the studio. Or 2. You are simply one of a tiny minority that didn't like Toy Story 3 all that much...That one just isn't very difficult to weigh out.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Adam Schramm View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam Schramm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 6:04pm
Look, I'm being a bit tongue in cheek about this but I don't see it as much different than the producers of Burlesque flying the entire nominating committee for the Golden Globes out for an all expense paid weekend on location and then having Burlesque miraculously nominated for Best Picture.  Do you honestly think Disney is above doing something similar?  If this was Godfather 2 we were talking about I might buy a 99% approval rating but TS3 just wasn't all that good.  Even something as laughably and ridiculously implausible and paranoid as bribing the entire movie critic community is more plausible than TS3 getting a good rating from 99% of critics.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 6:06pm
Hey, even I claim that studios pay off some critics to give their bad movies good reviews, but on the epic scale that "Toy Story 3" was, I'm not sure about that. Hey, I don't mind if one person here didn't like it. Which makes me wonder, Adam, what were your thoughts about the first two movies?
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2011 at 6:10pm
The Golden Globe voting membership currently consists of something on the order of 80 voting members. That is a considerably less formidable task than bribing a few hundred critics. Disney/Pixar will do well with just about any movie they release on brand name alone, and I really don't think they worry much about what the critics think.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 1:27pm
The Golden Tomato Awards: the worst movies of 2010, according to RT!

It's like a whose who of Razzie contenders.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 6:08pm

And the 10 Losers in the Moldy Tomato Penalties are all confirmed for my Bottom 40 of 2010. This must be the first time that's happened.

My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2011 at 6:55pm
You know, even before reading about the Golden Globe scandal, I would be far more interested in the Golden Tomatoes than I would ever be in the Golden Globes. 
Adam Schramm View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adam Schramm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2011 at 4:11pm
Liked the first one quite a bit.  Imaginative and at the time very good animation.  Not so kid oriented that the adults couldn't have fun with it as well.  If I even saw the second one I don't remember it in the least, which is saying something.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2011 at 9:38pm
My poll has ended.  HERE are the results.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 12:28am
Here's what's planned for the coming years:

Who knows, some of these projects may have Razzie written all over them (Pirates 5 is most likely)...
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 9:13am

Man, that article has some big Razzie implications.  "I Hate You, Dad" features a former SNL cast member and a current SNL cast member as father and son.  We do not know who's directing this film, but it could still spell trouble.

The TV show "Dynasty" is being brought to the big screen and the creators of the show are backing up this adaptation.  Producers, director, screenwriters, and cast are unknown at this time.

A film adaptation of the videogame "Missile Command" has been proposed, though I'm not sure how you can make a movie out of an old game that involves long lines shooting things out of the sky.  Producers, director, screenwriters, and cast are unknown at this time.

In other news, British actress Susannah York passed away at the age of 72.  She was nominated for an Oscar for her role in the 1969 film, "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

At the Critics' Choice Awards, 'The Social Network' won 4 awards including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Adapted Screenplay.  Colin Firth won Best Actor for his role in 'The King's Speech', Natalie Portman won Best Actress for her role in 'Black Swan', and Christian Bale and Melissa Leo won the supporting role awards for their roles in 'The Fighter'.  'The King's Speech' won Best Original Screenplay, 'Easy A' won Best Comedy, 'Waiting for Superman' won Best Documentary Feature, 'Toy Story 3' won Best Animated Film', Sweden's 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' won Best Foreign Language Film, and 'Inception' won six awards including Best Action Film.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 1:08pm
Half of the Methane Awards Winners are the ones I voted for!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 1:13pm
The Critics's Choice Awards made me sad,because it means INCEPTION is the 3rd best movie instead of the 2nd,which THE KING'S SPEECH is.And maybe it could be 4th because of those that awarded BLACK SWAN.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 7:57pm

The Golden Globes are over.  They only made three mistakes, all of them in the Television categories.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2011 at 6:54am
Which ones?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2011 at 10:45am
The mistakes were Best Actress in a TV Series Drama (should've been Kyra Sedgwick), Best Supporting Actor in a TV Series, Miniseries, or TV Movie (should've been Eric Stonestreet or David Strathairn), and Best TV Series Comedy or Musical (should've been 'Modern Family').
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 135136137138139>