Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > COMPLETE LIST of 2010 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

COMPLETE 2010 RELEASES LIST (Jan 1 - Dec. 31)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 139>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COMPLETE 2010 RELEASES LIST (Jan 1 - Dec. 31)
    Posted: June 14 2010 at 9:08pm
If that's the case, then the only way the Teen Choice Awards will be entertaining is if a group of people decide to drown out New Moon's acceptance speeches with vuvuzelas.  

Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Five nods or five hundred, "New Moon" will win whatever they are up for. DOn't worry, this site is full of grown men who don't give a s*** what the Teen Choice Awards' results are, and neither should you.

But seriously, dude, you need to stop obsessing over these movies, it's not healthy and it kinda makes you look just as crazed as the fans who actually like it. Making a system for it is just a waste of time.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 4:55am
Ah, yeah, that's why it's call the "TEEN" Choice Awards, no one over the age of 19 should give a s*** about them, ie. YOU!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 7:36am
Ok...let's try this one more time....NO ONE...allow me to repeat, NO ONE cares about the Teen Choice Awards. Allow me to prove it...go somewhere today where lots of people gather. Select 5 friendly faces and ask them to name one receipient of a Teen Choice Award this year. I promise you that not one of them will be able to do it.  In fact, you will probably be shocked to find out that 4, maybe 5 of the people you ask will respond with the question, "What are the Teen Choice Awards?"
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 9:43am

Alright!  If it bothers you so, then my lips are sealed about the Teen Choice Awards.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 12:51pm

After I heard of Uwe Boll,and how you call him "The German Ed Wood" or "The Modern Ed Wood"...Well,For months I've had a lot of info. about them,and I've wanted to see their movies just as much as BATTLEFIELD EARTH,GIGLI and others.But they're not that easy to find...for free.I also can't find Shyamlana's first movies PRAYING WITH ANGER and WIDE AWAKE.

At first I named Seltzerberg the worst for having 1 good movie and 4 bad ones.But the worst must be someone that has done 100% wrong,instead of 90-99% like you say.

Sorry,Burn,but I won't choose Michael Bay.Even though he has creative control on movies,I want to choose someone who makes an effort on directing and writing and still fail.Or someone who's only effort is to have those titles and be lazy during the production so he can make a piece of sh*t.

There's a new adition:MIRRORS's Alexandre Aja.

I've voted for the T.C.A. for 3 or 4 years.Why?It's fun.I also get mad when my choices loose and when the ones I hate win.For example,LOST have been nominated since it started,and have never won.I thought that now they separated Drama and Action with SciFi and Fantasy...Unfortunately,now it competes with THE VAMPIRE DIARIES,which up until the first 13 episodes I thought it was one of the worst shows ever.The rest of the season was good.Although LOST's final season was the best,I still want it to win every award in the world!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 2:46pm
Well Vits, if you're looking for some who both wrote and directed and got it 100 percent wrong, Ed Wood is your man. And sorry, but you have to open your wallet and let the moths out. This is no excuse in these days of eBay, Amazon.com, and Netflicks, you should be able to find a copy of "Plan 9 From Outer Space" for a very small fee. In fact, I saw it on sale for ten US dollars on Amazon.com.

As for your standards, well they are pretty high that the worst of the worst MUST be someone who has 100 percent of the projects in question AND fails 100 percent of the time. It doesn't matter if they were only a writer, producer, or director or if they had one good movie out of a dozen bad movies, in my eyes they are at least AMONG the worst. So if Ed Wood is number one, the guy who made "Manos: Hands of Fate", Uwe Boll, Seltzerberg, and Michael Bay fill in spots 2 through 5. 
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 3:04pm
Actually,I have a system.He/She:
1)Must not have a movie between 6 and 10.
2)Must have all of his/her movies between 0 and 5.
3)Must have at least 51% of his/her movies between 0 and 4 and at least 49% at 5.

The same goes for the best.Shyamalan has been rated with two movies with 8,two with 7,one with 6 and one with 5.

So if Ed Wood is number one, the guy who made "Manos: Hands of Fate", Uwe Boll, Seltzerberg, and Michael Bay fill in spots 2 through 5.
You mean 2 through 4,right?Or do you place Jason & Aaron separately?That makes sense.Only Aaron directed DATE MOVIE.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 3:13pm
Why is your system based on IMDb's or RT's rankings? I don't even go as far assigning numbers and listing for movies, I just say it's good or bad based on how good or poorly they are in their collective aspects of filmmaking.

But Shyamalan as your top pick as the best of the best? What about Steven Spielberg? His career is decades longer and has trice as many good films.  

Originally posted by Vits

3)Must have at least 51% of his/her movies between 0 and 4 and at least 49% at 5.

The same goes for the best.Shyamalan has been rated with two movies with 8,two with 7,one with 6 and one with 5.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 4:12pm
This...is EXACTLY how Screwattack does their VGR's. They are reviews that don't have number scores. Instead, they talk about gameplay, graphics, music/sound, difficulty, and replay value. At the end, they just say "Buy it", "Rent it", or "F it". Would you consider doing something similar with movies (grade it on different aspects, like front-of-camera performances, behind-the-camera, screenplay, and other factors.)? I'd recommend just three classes: See it... "Sooner" (in theatres), "Later" (on DVD or basic cable), or "Never".  

Why is this system based on IMDb's or RT's rankings? I don't even go as far assigning numbers and listing for movies, I just say it's good or bad based on how good or poorly they are in their collective aspects of filmmaking.

But Shyamalan as your top pick as the best of the best? What about Steven Spielberg? His career is decades longer and has trice as many good films.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 4:38pm

Why is this system based on IMDb's or RT's rankings? I don't even go as far assigning numbers and listing for movies, I just say it's good or bad based on how good or poorly they are in their collective aspects of filmmaking.

Those grades are given by me.For example:David Lynch can't be because I gave a 2 to MULHOLLAND DR.,a 5 to both ERASERHEAD and ELEPHANT MAN,and a 7 to BLUE VELVET.The grades the reast of the world gave to those movies is from 8 to 9.

Aside from the fact Seńor Spielbergo has only written 10 movies,the ones I choose for best and worst filmmaker must be relatable to me of course.None of Shyamalan's movies are the best of their genre,but I love the shots,the angles,the style of dialogue,etc.Name every great director you want,but it won't matter to me.

Nevertheless,I can still be into others.I like Stanley Kubrick and Woody Allen as directors,but not much as writers.

Another rule of course is that most of his/her work has to be as a director.I can't consider Ed Wood.Most of his work was as a writer.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 5:01pm
Vits, why this fixation on filmmakers as the total package (MUST be writer AND director)? In the end, the director gets most of the create anyway, if he wrote the script is just icing on the cake, not a requirement to be judged by.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 9:38am
Do you really want to get in the debate of who's the auteur of a movie?

The 3 main things in a movie are directing,writing and producing.Producing is all about the technical.Writing is all about the artsy.Directing is about both.I'm the type of person who's more interested on what happens in the movie,rather than how well made it was.But that's just me.

A lot of you have mentioned their best or worst filmmaker,but has anyone chosen both?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 11:03am
Here's another break down: Writer: makes the script. The writer usually gets the least amount of respect. Studios can demand that he/she doe revisions of the script until the studio heads like it. Afterwards, the director might change it to his or her liking as well, and actors and actresses may change lines on the spot or how they would prefer to say the line. Producer: is usually about money, and as such, they usually want their two cents put into the movie, since it's their money on the line. Director: he's the artist, the movie is his vision as to how it will look and flow. As a writer, the director will have extra input to the movie, however, most if not all directors are stronger as just one or the other. Hence why I don't see it as an important factor of which is the best filmmaker based on if he/she wrote AND directed the movie.   

The 3 main things in a movie are directing,writing and producing.Producing is all about the technical.Writing is all about the artsy.Directing is about both.I'm the type of person who's more interested on what happens in the movie,rather than how well made it was.But that's just me.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 1:14pm
1)The way you put it is how a billion dollar blockbuster is made,not how movies in general are made.That includes indies.
2)If major changes are made to the script,the people who made them will receive credit.If they don't receive it,their contribution was nothing compared to what the writer did.
3)I'm not saying directors who don't write suck.I'm saying that the more he/she does in a movie the better.Shyamalan is also a producer...and cameo-er.In THE VILLAGE,he worked in the sound department.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 5:25pm
Responding to your points: 

1) Mind you, if an indie director is very successful, he/she will go on to do bigger Hollywood movies, and studios will slowly get more creative control over the projects, unless the movies continue to be successful and the director gets final say over everything. For example, Chris Nolan makes "Memento", an instant masterpiece. He goes one to reboot the dying "Batman" series, giving it social commentry and complexity that was never used before, and the success of those movies has given him total control over "Inception".
2) Sometimes directors and actors will help add to the script, usually during the final draft or during the shooting of the film itself. But in the end, the writer will get full credit for doing the bulk of the work.
3) Sometimes more is less, and Shyamalan is a good example of that was well. I think he was burnt out by the time he did "Village", "Lady in the Water", and "Happening", and it shows as each movie became worse than the last. In my opinion, he needs to take a break for a few years like James Cameron does, or direct, but not write. Also, there are directors who have even more creative control over their movies and wear more hats than Shyamalan does, so again, he is NOT the perfect example. Just check out Robert Rodriguez's resume, he is his own one-man film crew!

And being a jack-of-all-trades director doesn't help matters when you have no talent. Ed Wood wrote, produced, edited, and directed all his movies, and look how well that worked out!  

1)The way you put it is how a billion dollar blockbuster is made,not how movies in general are made.That includes indies.
2)If major changes are made to the script,the people who made them will receive credit.If they don't receive it,their contribution was nothing compared to what the writer did.
3)I'm not saying directors who don't write suck.I'm saying that the more he/she does in a movie the better.Shyamalan is also a producer...and cameo-er.In THE VILLAGE,he worked in the sound department.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2010 at 6:28pm
Well,at the end Shyamalan is my favorite no matter what...unless I don't like his next movies(I won't see THE LAST AIRBENDER because I'm not into the show).

Once again,all of you,who's your favorite filmmaker,and who's the worst(or least favorite,whatever)?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 139>