Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > 2007 RAZZIE® MOVIE FORUMS w/LYNX! > COMPLETE LIST of ELIGIBLE 2007 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

COMPLETE LIST: Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2007

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COMPLETE LIST: Jan. 1 - Dec. 31, 2007
    Posted: July 09 2007 at 6:27am

I must express my Berry Great Disappointment about something: We're halfway through 2007 and there's still not one "Enjoyably Bad" RAZZIE Contender. Plenty o' Berry Sucky Crap, but nothing so far that's Laugh-Out-Loud-at-the-Film's-Expense FUNNY.

Here's hoping Jessica Simpson in BLONDE AMBITION (if it ever gets released) may fill the bill. Here's a LINK to check out the trailer for it... 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2007 at 12:46pm

Agreed. To date, 2007 has been a year of appalling mediocrity, with very little variance at either end of the bell curve, whether on the outstanding our laughably awful sides (I had to toss that in just in case #1 Sly Fan pops in to read something not directly related to his hero  ). Just about all the movies I've seen this year had all the "outstanding " production values I'd expect from some Hallmark Channel original presentation.

It seems like the only really risky and original work in the film industry these days is coming out of the indies, and Lion's Gate is fast becoming the most prolific player in the industry. Shame on the big dogs. Geez guys (i.e the big studios)  roll the dice. So what if we end up bagging you? At least somebody will be discussing your work! 

Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
dipitlow555 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 5:07am
May I also suggest "Catch and Release", "The Ex", "Lucky You", "Nancy Drew", and "Stomp The Yard"? I mean, if you're gonna have "Georgia Rule" up there, you might as well have these, because of them were far worse than "Georgia Rule" was.
Sanndman228715 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2007 at 12:35pm
Early reviews for Hairspray say Travolta's Very good in it. This might jump start his career........again.  If it does hopefully it will lead to several good roles in the coming years ( Like Pulp Fiction led to Get Shorty, Face/off, Broken Arrow, and Primary Colors)
dreamboy View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote dreamboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2007 at 5:42am

Why isn't J.Lo's latest film Bordertown in the list of 2007 releases. I think J.Lo did a great job in that film, but, still heard she fired some crewmembers. 

Response from Head RAZZberry: We only list titles once they've actually been released here in New York and/or LA. BORDFERTOWN, which appears to have played in European theatres already (IMDb LINK ) is not set to debut here in the US until August 31. When (and if) it does get released in America, we'll add it to our list... 

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2007 at 1:33pm

Since we're past the halfway point of the year, here are the worst movies released in 2007 that I've seen are, ranked from the most rank (on the bottom of the list) on up:

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer 
Wild Hogs 
Premonition 
Perfect Stranger 
Transformers 
Code Name: The Cleaner
Blood and Chocolate
Funny Money

Epic Movie

I would also give a nod to Georgia Rule for being the worst waste of talent on an awful premise that I never will want to see, but may have to, since it's beginning to appear on "worst" lists.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 8:08am
One movie that I think will actually be pretty funny (After watching it's trailer today), is Fred Claus. It's being directed by the guy who did the Wedding Crashers, and it has two of my favorite actors ( Paul Giamatti and Kevin Spacey). This is the first Christmas-themed movie I'm looking forward to in a long time.
tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2007 at 9:51am

I'm glad some else likes Fred Clause. I didn't know what to expect when I saw The Trailer, then I got to see it and I couldn't stop laughing. Very funny, from both Vince Vaughn & Paul Giamatti...

Originally posted by Sanndman228715

One movie that I think will actually be pretty funny (After watching it's trailer today), is Fred Claus. It's being directed by the guy who did the Wedding Crashers, and it has two of my favorite actors ( Paul Giamatti and Kevin Spacey). This is the first Christmas-themed movie I'm looking forward to in a long time.

#1 Sly Fan View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2007 at 5:37am

The one good thing about my idol Sylvester Stallone not having any movies out this year: You guys can't Razz him (as I know you would no matter what the quality of his film)...

Response from Head RAZZberry: Yo, #1 Sly Fan -- Did you fail to notice that for 2006, we not only didn't nominate Our Awl Time Cahm-Peen Sly for a single RAZZIE for ROCKY BALBOA, but at the beginning of our ceremonies, I publicly acknowledged that he had, for the first time in about a quarter century, made something that actually wasn't eminently RAZZ-able. As for next year's JOHN RAMBO, though, I gotta admit...it looks awfully promising!

YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sanndman228715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2007 at 9:39am
Just saw Hairspray, and I'm man enough to admit that this was the most fun I've had at the movies since Grindhouse. Everyone was good (Especially Travolta and Christopher Walken, who actually had better chemistry as a couple than any other twosome in the movie!). This should be nowhere near the Razzie nominating ballot.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2007 at 5:27am
I agree Hairspray was awesome! Everyone gave good performances in it, and Travolta was actually pretty convincing as Mrs. Turnblad.
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 9:02am

The Worst Actress contenders so far should be...

1. EDDIE MURPHY for Norbit (as Raspuita)!!!

2. DIANE KEATON for Because I Said So

3. LINDSAY LOHAN for I Know Who Killed Me

4. HALLE BERRY for Perfect Strangers

5. SANDRA BULLOCK for Premonition

6. HILARY SWANK for The Reaping

tomsmobr View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomsmobr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 9:11am

You should also list Lindsay Lohan for GEORGIA RULE

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote dipitlow555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2007 at 12:50pm
Even though I love her so much, what about Mandy Moore for BECAUSE I SAID SO and LICENSE TO WED? Or would that be supporting?
Criss808 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Criss808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2007 at 8:55pm
Mandy Moore is definitely Supporting.
#1-Movie-Fan! View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1-Movie-Fan! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2007 at 9:30am

I just read the item that says Jessica Simpson;s poterntial Razzie contender "Legally Blonde" might be released direct-to-DVD. So does this mean she'd be ineligible for Worst Actress??

Response from Head RAZZberry: If you're talking about the item on the website for US Magazine (LINK) the film's production company insists they still intend to release the film in theatres by year's end. Although, given how awful its trailer looks (LINK) and how many times its supposedly impending release has been "postponed," the likelihood is that it will end up going straight-to-video. In which case, since our "rules" follow those of the AMPAS (a film must be shown theatrically in LA or New York to qualify) technically, Simpson would be exempted from consideration as a RAZZIE contender... 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>